PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android running on US Cellular data service **Solved for most***

I noticed the issues on the metropcs data plan and some suggestions on how to get it to work but no follow up. (I might have missed it reading through 11 pages of fragmented metro info isn't exactly easily decipherable) Was metro pcs data resolved for android? I am actually trying to port my metro tp1 to android but am having data issues only thing really holding me back. If it was resolved can i get a more consolidated list of settings? Or best can someone update the wiki with metro carrier and post a link? If anyone has an idea on what might work and wants me to run through it on my phone i am willing and able shoot me a pm or whatever. I would really like to start getting into the dev part of porting droid to these and other phones but need to get it in more of a working order so i can use it regularly and test it out.

TLDR version: Were the data issues resolved for metropcs? What are the settings that resolved it?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNoxious View Post
I noticed the issues on the metropcs data plan and some suggestions on how to get it to work but no follow up. (I might have missed it reading through 11 pages of fragmented metro info isn't exactly easily decipherable) Was metro pcs data resolved for android? I am actually trying to port my metro tp1 to android but am having data issues only thing really holding me back. If it was resolved can i get a more consolidated list of settings? Or best can someone update the wiki with metro carrier and post a link? If anyone has an idea on what might work and wants me to run through it on my phone i am willing and able shoot me a pm or whatever. I would really like to start getting into the dev part of porting droid to these and other phones but need to get it in more of a working order so i can use it regularly and test it out.

TLDR version: Were the data issues resolved for metropcs? What are the settings that resolved it?
As far as I know MetroPCS data is not working yet. This is based on other threads in this forum and other forums. I see you have offered services to help with development on the data issue in a different thread. You might try to PM eval_ to help find the direction you need. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftrue View Post
As far as I know MetroPCS data is not working yet. This is based on other threads in this forum and other forums. I see you have offered services to help with development on the data issue in a different thread. You might try to PM eval_ to help find the direction you need. Good luck.

I was on xda found a dude that got the touch workign with the same haret sd card port and i mirroed what was done to my avail it didn't help. If other cdma networks are working it is possible but then again the moto droid still doesn't have data working so it may just be the combination but people have the hero and eris workign 100% on metropcs. It's just a matter of putting the time and effort to get it done i am goign to try and cross refrence what is and isn't workign on metro with the touch and try to see if i can find some solutions will keep you updated. Also why doesn't the tp section have a droid sub forum like the tp2? Would make this all a little more easy and then there could be carrier specific data threads.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

spaceapes is a n00b

This is my first post- I am trying out this fantastic Android build on my USCellular TP1 and have found your comments so far really helpful. Here's a tip I hadn't seen posted yet - I just called USCellular for my MSID and they told me to try 'calling' ##000000 - this should bring you to an 'activation wizard' screen that displays your MDN, MSID and SID/NID numbers.

Worked for me (turned out my MSID was my phone number after all)
Old 05-04-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

FROG_LEG_SALAD is a n00b

is there a woalkthrought to get this working on tps with us cellular ??/
Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

nasaman2000 is a n00b

Ok guys... Got a problem for ya! Rooted phone... Motorola Droid A855 and I have Gscript installed. Im in Iowa on a US Cellular Network.

Im trying to run the usccfix and I get this: stderr: bad mode
stderr: bad mode
stderr: cannot create /etc/ppp/pap-secrets:
read-only file system
stderr: cannot create /etc/ppp/options.smd1:
read-only file system
stderr: busybox: not found

What the heck? Anyone know what this could be. So far all I can gather is it really doesnt matter what I change the usccfix file to it must be that somehow I dont have permission.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasaman2000 View Post
Ok guys... Got a problem for ya! Rooted phone... Motorola Droid A855 and I have Gscript installed. Im in Iowa on a US Cellular Network.

Im trying to run the usccfix and I get this: stderr: bad mode
stderr: bad mode
stderr: cannot create /etc/ppp/pap-secrets:
read-only file system
stderr: cannot create /etc/ppp/options.smd1:
read-only file system

What the heck? Anyone know what this could be. So far all I can gather is it really doesnt matter what I change the usccfix file to it must be that somehow I dont have permission.
Someone else had a Droid on US Cellular and had the same type of problem. I recommended to download and try Android Terminal Emulator then to begin by entering the 'su' command and manually trying the steps. Since the files on your device are native in ROM you might try to copy them on to the SD card edit them then copy the files back. I have had to do this with Windows Mobile files in ROM before and it may be the same issue.

One other option is to change the settings under Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Access Point Names then update the username and password to what is in the pap-secrets file.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Lurker

nasaman2000 is a n00b

Im with scooter... In looking more I have found that I dont have those files either... I have Firmware Version 2.0.1 but the files dont exist.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasaman2000 View Post
Im with scooter... In looking more I have found that I dont have those files either... I have Firmware Version 2.0.1 but the files dont exist.
Did you try to update the APN information with a username of msid@uscc.net and a password of msid? (e.g. 6414251234@uscc.net and 6414251234)

Since you have a native Android phone you most likely need to change settings in the phone programming.

Check out this link from HowardForums. Specifically the bottom of the first post.

http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=1643218

Here are what I think the changes should look like to you...

Name: USCC
APN: internet
Proxy:
Port: 80
Username: yourMSID@uscc.net
Password: yourMSID
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 000
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: <Not set>

Last edited by clifftrue; 05-11-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Lurker

nasaman2000 is a n00b

Ya... I wish it was that easy. On my phone I dont have any APN Settings to change. Im not really sure why. From what everyone has said... It should be in the /settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile networks/ but all I have there is Data Roaming & System Select options. Agian... I have a Motorola A855 Droid with 2.0.1 Rom. I have used two different roms and neither have the setting in the mobile networks option. Am I going to the wrong place? And yes... I have the phone programmed correctly in the ##PROGRAM settings. I used my old HTC Touch Pro 2 to set everything in the NAM settings menu but there is no Username and Password option in there either. P.S. I have the phone working to send and receive calls and txt as well. Im to the point where if someone gets the data working... I have no problem giving a small reward for there time.

Last edited by nasaman2000; 05-11-2010 at 06:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
uscc data 3g cdma