PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Works great for me so far, downloaded some apps, made some calls, send some texts.. works really good... I almost rather use Android that Windows Phone.

Once some ringers work, it'll be great!

The only issue I ran into was text messages do not set off vibrate, only phone calls.
You can set up custom notifications for each application, and phone call, txt, email alerts. Go into each application or option, go into the menu and change your notifications there. You will then be able to specify whether it vibrates or not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
You can set up custom notifications for each application, and phone call, txt, email alerts. Go into each application or option, go into the menu and change your notifications there. You will then be able to specify whether it vibrates or not.

Perfect... I do not know my way around Android yet.

Thanks! =D>

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Compliments to all the developers. This is really cool to play with. Functionality is pretty amazing considering this is a WM phone.

Right now it's cool to play with but once the battery and sound issues get worked out (there are others things but these are the 2 biggest IMO), I can imagine it being a used as an full-time legitimate alternative to Winmo.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

lol you guys are killing me, I just had to read through like 30 pages to catch back up.

Out of curiosity, are we gonna have official "builds" or is it gonna be a watch each individual page and update as it goes kind of thing?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

oh yeah, something that occurred to me, if you are on Sprint and have an Airave it quite possibly might be blocking your google maps from locating you. I know even in Winmo it can't pick up my location when I am hooked into the Airave, but as soon as I get away from it, it works great. I haven't left the house today to test if that is what's up with my location in Android yet, but just an fyi.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)

RobDFW is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Mr. Pippy, we appreciate your (and all others involved) hard work! Just sent some donations your way. Android totally opens our phone to another world.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Rut roh. From today!

http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz

im using that one. hardware accel seems to be working as good as it should at this point. It doesnt handle super games but it does seem to improve guis and stuff.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

locomariachi is just getting started

just formatted my card but still getting the same thing.

Running an fsck on the SD Card
dosfsck 2.0.1, 23 Nov 2008, FAT32, LFN
Logical sectgor size is zero.
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed: invalid argument
failed
failed to mount the SD card. Cannot continue.
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/#
Old 03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...
I actually followed that channel yesterday and today. It's fun to watch no2chem fly. That guy is light years ahead of the rest of us

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2