PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja
Re: Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts View Post
I am getting "Failed to connect to audmgr" while booting up. I think thats the issue with audio. Hopefully the developers will be able to figure out the audmgr issue.
just be patient, it will boot
the first boot is always the longest, mine took almost 5 minutes to boot all the way the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by warxhead View Post
When I run haret.exe from the root of my storage card, it goes to the screen that looks like dos(but it's linux) and goes r6(blah) 00000000 : r5(blah) 000000 or something like that, over and over(with other lines in between it) any quick analysis on what I am doing wrong?
same for you, just keep waiting, it will eventually get there
however, if it takes more than 10-15minutes and you're still at that same screen then something is wrong.
just reformat your microsd card to FAT32 and extract the contents of the zip file directly onto the microsd card

Last edited by piratedninja; 12-22-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

michaelagraham is just getting started

I think I'll take this opportunity to de-lurk to say: WOW, awesome job! I just started this up on a Verizon TP2 running the 12/21 mighty rom. Booted just fine and looks great! I got the audio errors on boot, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Edit: Just started Bejeweled and it plays just fine. I have no idea how to properly exit Android apps. Thanks again, this is all very cool.

Last edited by michaelagraham; 12-22-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bnappy is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/21

This is pretty COOL!!!

I love the ability to boot droid on my TP2, but after it boots and I go through the setup all i get is the time and unlock screen. I can't seem to get it off that screen. Any ideas? After the first install and boot i did see a home screen with folders but i think it timed out to a lock screen.

~bnappy
Old 12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This feels STICKY!!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
i don't believe this is the case because i don't think sprint would roam off of at&t or t-mobile.( i may be wrong) I think it would roam off of verizon. I think the rom is reading the sim card slot, i had these same options as well and i also have an unlocked sim card. when placing calls they were from my sprint number and not my t-mobile number. If it was roaming gsm or in my case actually using gsm my t-mobile number would of shown up when calling. I do think this rom was originally gsm like many custom roms we flash but it has to have some tweaked settings. I wonder who are making these ports. Just my 2 cents
Ya that makes sense to me now. I was able to get connected again during another boot. But this time instead of it saying (green service) vodaphone nl it just says (no service) vodaphone nl. but I am connected to a network of some kind. No data or SMS even though it reports the SMS as being sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelagraham View Post
Just started Bejeweled and it plays just fine. I have no idea how to properly exit Android apps. Thanks again, this is all very cool.
What I have been doing to exit or go back a page is just use the volume down button... It was the only way I could do anything at all in the OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnappy View Post
I love the ability to boot droid on my TP2, but after it boots and I go through the setup all i get is the time and unlock screen. I can't seem to get it off that screen. Any ideas? After the first install and boot i did see a home screen with folders but i think it timed out to a lock screen.
Yes it does time out to a lock screen with the clock.
On VZW just press the display on/off button and it should reactivate the touch screen input, you can then slide to unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
This feels STICKY!!
Agreed!

Last edited by Ludacrisvp; 12-22-2009 at 11:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnappy View Post
This is pretty COOL!!!

~bnappy
If that screen is not responding to your touches, just press the power button(on top) once and then you will be able to slide the lock(on left side) towards right. As somebody mentioned above, the power button just turns of the touch'ability.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post
just be patient, it will boot
the first boot is always the longest, mine took almost 5 minutes to boot all the way the first time
As I mentioned earlier, I did boot it successfully.. what I was mentioning about the error message while booting. Are you not getting that message before the X screen comes up?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts View Post
I am getting "Failed to connect to audmgr" while booting up. I think thats the issue with audio. Hopefully the developers will be able to figure out the audmgr issue.
Yes, we all have that error seen at the last bit of linux before seeing the android X splash screen.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

matt12eagles is just getting started

This is beginning to look amazing!!! As much as I love windows mobile, Android is really cool to have. Keep up the amazing work and I can't wait to be booting into a fully functioning android soon
Old 12-23-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

warxhead is a n00b

Okay, it finally booted up after wiping(not formatting) the SD card, so now it's beautiful. I love it and shall watch it's progress day by day. I'm excited.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2