PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/)
-   -   ADB works but Fastboot doesn't (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149518-adb-works-but-fastboot-doesnt.html)

rete 03-16-2012 02:33 AM

ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Hey guys,
Wrong forum - I was researching here and created a new topic without thinking. Can an admin move it please.

So I am trying to get OMGB flashed to nand on an old RHOD500 I have lying around (it is actually for sale but is not really sellable with Winmo:? ).

In any case, I've tied myself into a knot trying to get fastboot working. I have the android sdk installed. I booted FRX07 from SD card and installed PdaNet, it recognised the phone, set up drivers and ADB recognizes the device (as device 00000000000). OK, so far so good.

I flash the RHODIMG.NBH - LK bootloader and reboot into the miniPoopLoader (Build Feb 21 2012), it reverts to fastboot mode. At this point though the phone is never recognized by Windows 7 when I plug in USB and I get an "Unknown Device" under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. No amount of forcing a driver works (either the PdaNet drivers, android SDK's google USB drivers, HTC sync drivers - nothing).

Any ideas WTF I'm doing wrong here?

Edit: Tried on a different computer early this morning (Win 7x64) and driver installed successfully on first boot into bootloader; now running OMGB.

arrrghhh 03-16-2012 09:01 PM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
We're not going to help you sell the phone with Android on it. If you're trying to do that, you're completely missing the point...

I see you already installed OMGB on it. I would recommend you do NOT sell it like that. Unless you want to support it!

elesbb 03-16-2012 10:37 PM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2172935)
We're not going to help you sell the phone with Android on it. If you're trying to do that, you're completely missing the point...

I see you already installed OMGB on it. I would recommend you do NOT sell it like that. Unless you want to support it!

Whats the harm of selling it with android on it ? All the HD2 phones on ebay / craigslist are being sold with android on it ... just sayin .. but to the op i wouldnt sell it saying its an android phone .. i would say about it being ported over ..

arrrghhh 03-17-2012 01:20 PM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2172947)
Whats the harm of selling it with android on it ? All the HD2 phones on ebay / craigslist are being sold with android on it ... just sayin .. but to the op i wouldnt sell it saying its an android phone .. i would say about it being ported over ..

That's the problem. People sell HD2's as if they're Android phones... I don't think people should sell HD2's at a premium with Android on it either, that's ridiculous.

Charging for something that's provided free-of-charge... mmmhmmm, pretty low.

rete 03-17-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2172989)
That's the problem. People sell HD2's as if they're Android phones... I don't think people should sell HD2's at a premium with Android on it either, that's ridiculous.

Charging for something that's provided free-of-charge... mmmhmmm, pretty low.

Yeah you're right. I'll toss the TP2 in the garbage. That's the right thing to do...


Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

arrrghhh 03-17-2012 08:33 PM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rete (Post 2172999)
Yeah you're right. I'll toss the TP2 in the garbage. That's the right thing to do...

You could still sell it with WinMo on it... Why lie to people?

rete 03-18-2012 01:16 AM

Think you are getting a little ahead of yourself here. "Why lie to people"... With the ready availability of the "internet" there really is no such thing as successfully claiming a TP2 is an Android device. This is a case of you jumping on your high horse and/or jumping to your own conclusions...which you do seem a little prone to (no offense)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

EyeB 03-18-2012 09:51 AM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Quote:

So I am trying to get OMGB flashed to nand on an old RHOD500 I have lying around (it is actually for sale but is not really sellable with Winmo:???: )
Kind of implies you are planning to sell phone and with android as the OS... :S don't see anyone jumping to conclusions about it

rete 03-18-2012 02:49 PM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeB (Post 2173079)
Kind of implies you are planning to sell phone and with android as the OS... :S don't see anyone jumping to conclusions about it

Sure thing .... but the "Why lie to people?" is just BS and that sure is jumping to conclusions. As I said, what's the point in lying about it being a native Android device? There is no point, as a 60 second google search will prove otherwise.

arrrghhh 03-18-2012 08:46 PM

Re: ADB works but Fastboot doesn't
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rete (Post 2173101)
Sure thing .... but the "Why lie to people?" is just BS and that sure is jumping to conclusions. As I said, what's the point in lying about it being a native Android device? There is no point, as a 60 second google search will prove otherwise.

So you're telling people this is a WinMo device that's running a port of Android, yes?

If no, then you are lying to people.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0