PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149104)

mbellot 02-16-2012 12:54 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support

Just a quick update, but this has worked flawlessly several times now.

Even more impressive is that I haven't experienced a single lockup while using Maps/Navigation. The previous version of the lib would reliably (50/50 or so) lock up my phone with more than 20 minutes of usage.

And the injector works great for those times I forget to leave GPS on when rebooting.

detule 02-16-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2169016)
Just a quick update, but this has worked flawlessly several times now.
And the injector works great for those times I forget to leave GPS on when rebooting.

Thanks for your continued feedback - glad no issues have cropped up. There are some other features that we can implement (like automatic xtra.bin download requests originating in the gps engine itself), but with tytung's aGPS Injector working so well, I am very unmotivated to do so.

arrrghhh 02-16-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2169051)
Thanks for your continued feedback - glad no issues have cropped up. There are some other features that we can implement (like automatic xtra.bin download requests originating in the gps engine itself), but with tytung's aGPS Injector working so well, I am very unmotivated to do so.

lol, you've done great work so far with it. I'm sure if you get bored you can enhance the lib :thumbright:

nickleby 02-16-2012 02:15 PM

Hi detule, thanks for sharing this!

I'm running GBX0B on my RHOD500, and I've replaced the file correctly but I think there's something wrong with my phone or something else because I cannot get a gps lock. I ran a logcat and I noticed this around all the log:

Code:

D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_state_init: done
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('gps-debug') is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('gps-xtra') is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_xtra_init() is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('agps') is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): agps_init() is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): agps_set_server() is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): type=1, hostname=supl.google.com, port=7276
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('agps_ril') is called

And then, I noticed a lot of this:
Code:

D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 97/97, len = 90
D/gps_rpc ( 1302): xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x409373e0, 90, 97, 97
E/gps_rpc ( 1302): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
D/gps_rpc ( 1302): pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
D/gps_rpc ( 1302): pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x409373e0, 90, 97, 97, 1)=1

I used GPS Status, GPS Test and Google Maps but no luck getting a gps lock, I even pulled the battery for about 30 minutes before test it again... I'll try tonight again and I'll try with tytung's aGPS injector app.

arrrghhh 02-16-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169101)
I used GPS Status, GPS Test and Google Maps but no luck getting a gps lock, I even pulled the battery for about 30 minutes before test it again... I'll try tonight again and I'll try with tytung's aGPS injector app.

Post complete logs for detule... ;)

nickleby 02-17-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2169163)
Post complete logs for detule... ;)

Yeah, sorry :D

Here's: Logcat

BTW, I've found those things on the log (is not related to this thread, but it will be good if someone can point me to what does it means) Sorry for the off topic detule :-P

Code:

D/RenderScript_jni( 1291): RenderScript JNI library not found!
E/Sensors ( 1327): Couldn't open /dev/lightsensor (No such file or directory)

detule 02-21-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169465)
Yeah, sorry :D

Here's: Logcat

Sorry, can't figure out why it's not working for you. The GPS library is a ridiculous reverse engineering effort (by some xdandroid developers, not me) based on calls to the rpc router obtained from winmo dll-s. The rpc router itself is a black box to me, and the only thing I know how to interpret are messages like this one

Code:

(and their counterparts in the dmesg output.)

clnt_stat=0 is what you want, meaning RPC_SUCCESS, i.e. we hailed the rpc router with a correctly formatted message and it returned success. So looking at your log it *should* be working.

I don't recognize your radio version and/or carrier. Is this a cdma operator? If so, I am not suggesting you do this, but perhaps the verizon radio (which I am using) makes a difference? Note I am not suggesting you do this, since I have no idea what kind of an effect flashing the verizon radio would have considering you are using the device abroad (could render it useless for all i know).

nickleby 02-21-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2169918)
Sorry, can't figure out why it's not working for you. The GPS library is a ridiculous reverse engineering effort (by some xdandroid developers, not me) based on calls to the rpc router obtained from winmo dll-s. The rpc router itself is a black box to me, and the only thing I know how to interpret are messages like this one

Code:

(and their counterparts in the dmesg output.)

clnt_stat=0 is what you want, meaning RPC_SUCCESS, i.e. we hailed the rpc router with a correctly formatted message and it returned success. So looking at your log it *should* be working.

I don't recognize your radio version and/or carrier. Is this a cdma operator? If so, I am not suggesting you do this, but perhaps the verizon radio (which I am using) makes a difference? Note I am not suggesting you do this, since I have no idea what kind of an effect flashing the verizon radio would have considering you are using the device abroad (could render it useless for all i know).

Yeah, I'm in a CDMA carrier...Maybe it's what you're saying, the radio. My HTC RhodiumW is kind of weird, is a RHOD500 with the keyboard layout of a RHOD400. My device is still under waranty so I'm not gonna mess with the ROM/Radio... Now that I think about it, on Windows Phone 6.5 is very difficult to me to get a faster lock just using QuickGPS, I always had to use the "HTC GPS Tool" app with the "Cold Start" option to get a faster lock. I just wish to have an app like that for Android :lol:

arrrghhh 02-21-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169932)
Yeah, I'm in a CDMA carrier...Maybe it's what you're saying, the radio. My HTC RhodiumW is kind of weird, is a RHOD500 with the keyboard layout of a RHOD400. My device is still under waranty so I'm not gonna mess with the ROM/Radio... Now that I think about it, on Windows Phone 6.5 is very difficult to me to get a faster lock just using QuickGPS, I always had to use the "HTC GPS Tool" app with the "Cold Start" option to get a faster lock. I just wish to have an app like that for Android :lol:

There is, GPS Status.

Tytung's app should work as well. However, there still are some things that are not implemented, so they might not work.

What radio version are you running? It's quite possible the radio version is the culprit, as that also has GPS stuffs in it.

nickleby 02-21-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2169934)
There is, GPS Status.

Tytung's app should work as well. However, there still are some things that are not implemented, so they might not work.

What radio version are you running? It's quite possible the radio version is the culprit, as that also has GPS stuffs in it.

For some reason, my signature is not showing..My radio version is 2.21.00WV

I also have heard that my city have some kind of problem with GPS system :D I know, it sounds weird but some people of the same carrier with the same phone reports biggest success getting a GPS lock outside of my city just using QuickGPS and Google Maps under Windows Phone. Anyway, GPS is not something that I use everyday...I will try again this week on my university since it has a perfect unobstructed view to the sky, maybe I'll get better luck ;-)