PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
how do we upgrade the kernel?

the only thing bugging me so far is related to google voice, i cant choose it as my voicemail carrier like i could in froyo
Fourth post in this thread, make sure you unzip twice with 7zip, don't use windows extraction tool. Once you have them in your andboot file delete the old files and ONLY rename zImage to just the previous.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
how do we upgrade the kernel?

the only thing bugging me so far is related to google voice, i cant choose it as my voicemail carrier like i could in froyo
I would stick to .27, unless you're feeling brave. It won't resolve the GV issue.. which I don't know if I'll be able to investigate - I have "switched" fully to Google Voice. I basically told my provider (Sprint) to send everything to my GV number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
trying that v6 script, seems to run into error installing it :S I get error2:script manager but it lets me run script but I don't have an option for run on boot. I can run it as root though and I used the settings arrrghhh described in the thread. I just can't tell if it is working or not
You can tell if it's working by just rebooting and running the V6 script again. The script you want to run at boot is in /data. You shouldn't need to do that tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Thanks! I'll jump on this tomorrow when I know I'll make a long call, I take it I'll need to do this with a program via computer and not a logcat app on the phone like Catlog, no? Any suggestions for program choices?
Well your problem is a difficult one. You can't do this with an app on the phone, you'll need to plug in via USB, setup the logs (adb) and make the call all while leaving it connected via USB & logs running.

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Logs
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

Well your problem is a difficult one. You can't do this with an app on the phone, you'll need to plug in via USB, setup the logs (adb) and make the call all while leaving it connected via USB & logs running.

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Logs
Hmm sounds mighty tricky, Thanks for the wiki/logs link I'll bone up on all the jazz tomorrow since I'm off work.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app
Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Hmm sounds mighty tricky, Thanks for the wiki/logs link I'll bone up on all the jazz tomorrow since I'm off work.
Well the real fun part? If the phone is truly sleeping and dying in sleep, you won't be able to recreate it with USB plugged in/adb logs running...

Good luck, post back if you need moar help.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

On Sunday, I flashed WinMo to take a look at this SD build of GB and before I went back to NAND, I wanted to say that battery life on this build has been unbelievable ... simply far and away above what I have seen from any other build of Android.

Placebo?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro two

markw5252 is a n00b

I'm running this build on RHOD400, audio seems to break within a couple hours of a boot. I deleted data.img And tried again, same issue. I pulled a log, don't know enough about what I'm looking at to be of more help. No audio, no Mic during the last 2 calls before log. and I tried playing music too at the end. ====================== SYSTEM INFORMATION =================== Linux localhost 2. - Pastebin.com

Also, I'm posting .csv for 400
Attached Files
File Type: zip rhod400-csv.zip (36.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

mbuugg is a n00b

This is a great build, ear piece and speaker worked prefectly on a Sprint TP2. The DTMF problem seems still there, however. As reported in the FRX7.1 thread, programmed DTMF sending still does not work in this build. e.g. on a Sprint TP2, dial *2,,,,,,,xxxxxxxxxx (your 10 digit Sprint number), the DTMF sent by the phone is not recognized by the automated attendant. However, if you press the digits on the phone interface, the digits are recognized. Automatically sending DTMF is useful when you need to program calling card or voicemail password, etc. I remember when I tried FRX06 on a Touch Pro, this function was working at that time. BTW, Term.apk and SoundRecorder.apk seem not working.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

found a couple problems, not in any order of importance, just how i got them today

first, I noticed the phone would make a random continuous buzzing from speakers after I plugged it into car's fm transmitter via 3.5mm port. After discontinuing it, the buzzing kept going and I couldn't stop it until I restarted phone

second, I got a voicemail and after deleting it, the voicemail icon (one that looks like o_o) never went away. In WM there was a clear voicemail icon setting but I couldn't find one for android. The icon stayed there even after a reboot

third, also while in voicemail but applies to any calls I assume. When I make a call, I'll get no volume but I can toggle it on/off by toggling speaker but it would be iffy if the volume wouldn't drop later on again, to fix it I would just toggle speaker on/off again. This happens when I press a number in voicemail to save/delete it. It would go beep beep to register the selection then go silent. Then I have to toggle speakers to hear it again

edit:I've installed a couple apps before I noticed these bugs, I'll remove them and see if it helps.

Last edited by EyeB; 01-08-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
found a couple problems, not in any order of importance, just how i got them today

first, I noticed the phone would make a random continuous buzzing from speakers after I plugged it into car's fm transmitter via 3.5mm port. After discontinuing it, the buzzing kept going and I couldn't stop it until I restarted phone

second, I got a voicemail and after deleting it, the voicemail icon (one that looks like o_o) never went away. In WM there was a clear voicemail icon setting but I couldn't find one for android. The icon stayed there even after a reboot

third, also while in voicemail but applies to any calls I assume. When I make a call, I'll get no volume but I can toggle it on/off by toggling speaker but it would be iffy if the volume wouldn't drop later on again, to fix it I would just toggle speaker on/off again. This happens when I press a number in voicemail to save/delete it. It would go beep beep to register the selection then go silent. Then I have to toggle speakers to hear it again

edit:I've installed a couple apps before I noticed these bugs, I'll remove them and see if it helps.

The only bug I see here is #1, and it's known. You didn't post any logs (specifically after the issue occurs!!), so there's no hope in your feedback being useful.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Hm, i figured out the voicemail one, it's because I got voicemail while in android, but listened to it and deleted it in WM so when I went back to android, it thought it was still there

about the third, don't know what happened but now when I recieve calls, the phone doesn't ring or anything. Anyways I remade the data.img and seeing if problem comes back. I don't know if I broke something while playing with different options

edit: I did feel like the sleep wasn't working all the time, some times I'll see battery drain as if it was on, but i had it "off". but again no logs :S sorry and I've already made new data.img. If I see problems again I'll try to get logs, just kind of hard since I can't find clear steps on how to get them

Last edited by EyeB; 01-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development