PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sorry, I doubt that we'll modify something as essential as Phone.apk to force roaming...

Edit - perhaps if Google adopts this, but I don't see them adopting this. I don't see many people clamoring for this feature. Are you just in a low service area that constantly goes in and out of roaming, and perhaps roaming is better? I thought you could force it thru the ## menu, but I've never really tried. I don't think my phone has ever been in roaming - it's either in service or not lol.
I am just on the edge of a sprint tower. I get just enough signal that I don't roam, but miss calls. It is a pain. It kills my battery too.

I don't know of any way to force roaming via a ## menu. If you have any more info I would love to know it.

I didn't expect it to be included in the package for everyone, but maybe someone would recompile the phone.apk with the mod and the correct keys and stick it out here as-is no support so we could drop it in ourselves and try it.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Well then perhaps someonewith access to the xdandroid keys might be kind enough to mod the phone.apk to allow roaming. I found these directions. [APP] + [MOD] Enable forced roaming - Page 8 - xda-developers
xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] + [MOD] Enable forced roaming
I take it back -> what you are trying to do *might* work depending on how that compile/de-compile tool handles signing.

Good luck.

By the way, creating a setting that says "Force roam" doesn't mean your phone will be forced to roam. The question is where do those commands actually end up (the ril likely) and do we support them.

To continue my monologue:
Apparently we do http://gitorious.org/xdandroid/hardw...ril.c#line4008
At least we support some mode "1" which I guess corresponds to the stubbed out "Affiliated Networks", which is between 0 (Home only) and 2 (Automatic).

Last edited by detule; 04-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
By the way, creating a setting that says "Force roam" doesn't mean your phone will be forced to roam. The question is where do those commands actually end up (the ril likely) and do we support them.

To continue my monologue:
Apparently we do htcgeneric-ril.c - hardware_xdandroid-ril in XDAndroid - Gitorious
At least we support some mode "1" which I guess corresponds to the stubbed out "Affiliated Networks", which is between 0 (Home only) and 2 (Automatic).
wizardknight, this is basically what I was talking about. Assuming there's a GUI way to force roaming, there's always a 'backdoor' way as well... as that GUI method pretty much has to be using the backdoor method as well.

So if you get into the ## menu under phone (I can't remember the sequence right now...) you should be able to switch the state of the radio on the fly. Obviously a GUI method would be much easier, especially if you're constantly having to flip it manually.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

have you looked at this for forced roam?
[MOD] - Add Force Roam Mode Option
Old 04-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
have you looked at this for forced roam?
[MOD] - Add Force Roam Mode Option
lol, dude... no offense but check out the links before you post them. That thread links back to the original thread wizardknight posted...

Quote:
Thanks to MrGreg for the original mod for the Hero (XDA thread here), and thanks to aamikam for his help as well.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

sorry just trying to help :S and I thought they were different than ones link, had different posts in it and a download link lol

didn't you know I'm not very good at this whole android thing lol

edit: did want to comment that using the xdaledregime option 2, I noticed that it would sleep fine but sometimes the orange led would come on during sleep then turn back off, not sure why and it isn't always happening on every sleep. doesn't seem to decrease battery any though or not enough for me to tell
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
edit: did want to comment that using the xdaledregime option 2, I noticed that it would sleep fine but sometimes the orange led would come on during sleep then turn back off, not sure why and it isn't always happening on every sleep. doesn't seem to decrease battery any though or not enough for me to tell
You're using the correct app for the correct kernel? I guess .27 and .39+ use different locations, and there's 2 different apps. I included both in the 0C bundle.

Edit - Also, the phone will come out of sleep to update various apps. Only if you have all radios disabled and all sync's disabled will you truly get 100% sleep.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-30-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

i got the correct kernel/app match i think, because the other one didn't work lol
I'm using the 27 one with the kernel that comes with the zip file

I'm thinking it is coming out of sleep to update things, kind of looks like it from how it turns on/off. been trying to find the apps that sync/update though :S
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
wizardknight, this is basically what I was talking about. Assuming there's a GUI way to force roaming, there's always a 'backdoor' way as well... as that GUI method pretty much has to be using the backdoor method as well.

So if you get into the ## menu under phone (I can't remember the sequence right now...) you should be able to switch the state of the radio on the fly. Obviously a GUI method would be much easier, especially if you're constantly having to flip it manually.
I have googled all over the place, and can't find any ## codes that seem to affect roaming. Any other hints you might remember?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I have googled all over the place, and can't find any ## codes that seem to affect roaming. Any other hints you might remember?
*#*#4636#*#*, or *#*#INFO#*#*

Edit - seems this menu might not provide roaming, just preferred network type. D'oh.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-01-2012 at 12:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development