PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
Ok - It's stable so far..

1. Got a SOD yesterday for no reason - did not use the mobile for a couple of hours and then could not turn the screen back on. - Calls were routed to voicemail when this happened.
2. (sometimes)Ringtone not audible on earphones/speaker when earphones are plugged in. When I hear some music - (sometimes)am not getting any tone or anything for incoming calls.
3. Out of 150 odd songs only 7 are getting detected in any music software I use. I am pretty sure I had a similar prob before - don't remember how I resolved it.
4. The phone was fast for the first day or 2 - then it became gradually slow. Do not have any widgets in home screens, only gmail sync - android launcher replaced with ADW launcher - all animations switched OFF - still it 's slow now that it was 2 days before.

using everything from first page except for the CVS's which i copied from my phone.

I did not format my SD card before trying this build- will do it today sometime and see if there is a difference..
Try formatting the sd card using the hp tool that Arrrghhh has provided the link to, fat32, full format and put all the files back. Not to mention grab the latest build that Arrrghhh, detule and other devs have made for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
BTW: Does anyone know if the 3.5mm mic is working in this version? Been interested in using a Square CC reader and it wasn't working in FRX.
Working wonderfully on mine, using it right now actually.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

So far so good. Running for 24h without any SoD or other errors on the 3.3 kernel, and I just recycled my data file from GBX0B. GPS apps seem to be rock solid so far too.
I like it when my phone doesn't explode and try to kill me.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I wanted to try modding my phone.apk, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it's location. Could someone point me to it please?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I wanted to try modding my phone.apk, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it's location. Could someone point me to it please?
I thought it was just in /system/app. I'll doublecheck.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

That is where I was looking, but I am not seeing it. Did it get renamed to dialer maybe?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
That is where I was looking, but I am not seeing it. Did it get renamed to dialer maybe?
Nope. Phone.apk. Remember, Linux is CaSe SeNsItIvE - so be careful, it is Phone.apk not phone.apk .

Code:
$ cd /system/app
cd /system/app
$ ls -la | grep Phone
ls -la | grep Phone
-rw-r--r--    1 0        0         2071506 Apr 25 18:55 BooksPhone.apk
-rw-r--r--    1 0        0         2336837 Apr 25 18:55 Phone.apk
Old 04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Nope. Phone.apk. Remember, Linux is CaSe SeNsItIvE - so be careful, it is Phone.apk not phone.apk .
Yes. I know that Linux is case sensitive. I just can't find the file anywhere. I am using droid explorer to look in system\app, but I sure don't see it. Do you?

Edit.
Ok I did a manual pull with adb rather than using droid explorer, and I got the file. Not sure why it didn't show up in Droid explorer.

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-30-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
My guess is Phone.apk is signed with the xdandroid keys and making changes (other than re-compiling your own build) will likely not yield the result you are hoping for.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
My guess is Phone.apk is signed with the xdandroid keys and making changes (other than re-compiling your own build) will likely not yield the result you are hoping for.
Well then perhaps someonewith access to the xdandroid keys might be kind enough to mod the phone.apk to allow roaming. I found these directions. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35#post7625035

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=97
Old 04-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well then perhaps someonewith access to the xdandroid keys might be kind enough to mod the phone.apk to allow roaming. I found these directions. [APP] + [MOD] Enable forced roaming - Page 8 - xda-developers

xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] + [MOD] Enable forced roaming
Sorry, I doubt that we'll modify something as essential as Phone.apk to force roaming...

Edit - perhaps if Google adopts this, but I don't see them adopting this. I don't see many people clamoring for this feature. Are you just in a low service area that constantly goes in and out of roaming, and perhaps roaming is better? I thought you could force it thru the ## menu, but I've never really tried. I don't think my phone has ever been in roaming - it's either in service or not lol.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-30-2012 at 04:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development