PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

hm only thing i can think of from a hour long call would be that the phone would be running for a hour :S might get hot enough to restart android? Seems like I've had that happen once in a while, it's rare that it restarts randomly but it happens
Old 01-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

So your wife has a laptop that you can't borrow for 20 mins... OK?

I've never had the problem you talked about with FRX07.1, but I don't think I've had any hour long+ phone calls either... At least not in a very long time. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying if you want to know if this issue is not present for you, find out for yourself . I can say I've had about 10 minute calls without issue, but unless it's a conference call (which I usually do on gtalk) I really never am on calls longer than 10 minutes. Sorry... I guess I could call myself on gtalk and just leave the call up, lol.
Yes.....World war fucking 3 broke out today when I told her I "had" to use it....she watched me the whole time, telling me to hurry up. And it took quite a bit longer than 20 minutes....more like an hour. As of right now it was worth it though as this build already is kicking ass. I updated the kernel to .35 but it still shows .27 in about phone....also cam is working contrary to what detule posted since the newest was posted on the 1st.

Sent from my MSMT on the PPCGeeks App

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 01-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Rhodium 400 (Sprint CDMA)
Package from January 2nd at 2 AM.
CSV files from 2nd post.

I put it on the SD Card.
I copied over my ts-calibration file.
I ensured setup.txt was correct for my setup.

3.5 mm working with earbuds
Regular earpiece (phone held to ear) and speakerphone working.
Bluetooth sound routing properly with my Jawbone.
Made and received calls and sound quality was good.

I didn't take any pictures or video, per se, but I successfully used a bar code program - scans UPCs on products and uses Google Shopping to look up prices.

Facebook, Tumblr & Twitter seemed to work fine.

Only issue I really had was GPS lock. You could see on the status bar that the gps had fired up, but I never could establish a lock.

Other than that one issue, this seemed like a great build to me.

<edit>
So one thing I noticed, is that I hadn't sent any SMS messages. I tried that and while they did send and receive, I experienced three reboots, while doing the whole SMS thing.
</edit>

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 01-02-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
a
I updated the kernel to .35 but it still shows .27 in about phone....also cam is working contrary to what detule posted since the newest was posted on the 1st.
Sent from my MSMT on the PPCGeeks App
You are not on .35.

There's currently a problem with the 3.0 auto-build (the kernel and the modules up there don't have the same vermagic). We can get this sorted out as soon as WisTilt2 is back in town.

I haven't checked but I believe .39 and 3.1 are still built fine on the auto-build.

Lastly, to help differentiate between issues with GBX0B and issues with .39/3.0/3.1 I've started a thread on xda that's specific to these kernels.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
You are not on .35.

There's currently a problem with the 3.0 auto-build (the kernel and the modules up there don't have the same vermagic). We can get this sorted out as soon as WisTilt2 is back in town.

I haven't checked but I believe .39 and 3.1 are still built fine on the auto-build.

Lastly, to help differentiate between issues with GBX0B and issues with .39/3.0/3.1 I've started a thread on xda that's specific to these kernels.
Yeah sorry about the previous post, forgot to unzip twice. You were totally right about .35 kernel. Which kernel are you using?
Edit- After about an hour on the .35 kernel it locked up while in the PPCG app, so I went back to .27 kernel. Let me know if I need to pull logs next time I have time to try it again, that is if it will help.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 01-03-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

I also didn't get gps to work, likewise my camera worked fine

I had no problems recieving texts, no word on sending though got no one to send too poor me lol

edit: sorry I may have spoken too soon on gps. I'm having issues with it in WM as well. I think it's the concrete buildings around lol. I won't be able to get clear of them until morning

edit: after leaving phone on window sill for about 10 minutes, I got a gps lock, so gps does work for me. And I was able to send a text message. However something odd happened, I saw while sending the text, the 3g dropped to 1x speed, and after sent, the roaming indicator came on. This may have been what happend when I mentioned the roaming indicator being on from a couple posts ago

edit: found out something with the roaming i think, to get it to stop roaming (switching airplane mode on/off didn't work) I had to change the mobile network settings->system settings-> and toggle between the automatic/home only. Switching to auto turned roaming off, and switch it back to roaming because I want it to be on sprint only. So I'm not sure if text message does something to the APN or not. I used the same settings on there as I did on frx07.1 and didn't have this problem (but I just don't text much either)

edit: is there an easy way to toggle on sleep indicator led? without using a different kernel? I happened to like that led so I knew if sleep was working

Last edited by EyeB; 01-03-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

noticed something odd

I use advanced task manager to kill apps (yeah I know people say not too, but I do). Anyways it shows the amount of free memory as well. I noticed that the amount of total free memory decreases as the battery decreases. This could be because I've been using phone and apps aren't being properly freed but task manager kills same apps at start of battery as at end, but at end it frees up less. Wondering if there is some kind of deteriorating memory bug/memory leak in this android port.

could help explain why real android phones don't seem to get sluggish over time, but the port does. And might point to reason that phone might randomly restart if it runs too low on memory

sorry if you guys already know about this

edit: ok i rebooted android just now with low battery. I have around 90mb memory starting up android. But as I use it, it seems to drop even though I kill the apps, some just don't seem to be dropping out of memory to free it up

Last edited by EyeB; 01-03-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Anyone else notice when scrolled all the way to the top or bottom of a page, then an extra slow swipe will cause a phantom screen glitch? It doesn't affect performance, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and I wanted to share in case its a bug.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

edit: ok i rebooted android just now with low battery. I have around 90mb memory starting up android. But as I use it, it seems to drop even though I kill the apps, some just don't seem to be dropping out of memory to free it up
Are you clearing your app cache? I don't know if task killer has one but if not there are a few stand alone apps in the market.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Anyone else notice when scrolled all the way to the top or bottom of a page, then an extra slow swipe will cause a phantom screen glitch? It doesn't affect performance, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and I wanted to share in case its a bug.
That's a Gingerbread 'feature'. It shows when you reach the beginning/end of pretty much anything...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development