PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eurohunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
i understand this is still in the testing phases, but im just wondering when / if a fully stable version will be released?

thanks
When it's ready. no sooner than that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gre
Carrier: cmd

tp2userp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
It doesn't happen on WM... I am not pressing any buttons; it gets hot and battery goes down very fast...
I have got the exact same problem with my rhod400. While the build is just awesome, the battery drains in less than 6 hrs whereas in winmo, my phone can go for more than 24 hrs! Any fixes?

Currently my phone is stuck in infinite reboot loop due to over drained battery.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2userp View Post
I have got the exact same problem with my rhod400. While the build is just awesome, the battery drains in less than 6 hrs whereas in winmo, my phone can go for more than 24 hrs! Any fixes?

Currently my phone is stuck in infinite reboot loop due to over drained battery.
I have been hearing a lot of issues where the device isn't sleeping properly, and this is a new image from me. Perhaps I didn't sign properly, or something else was messed up...

I'll try to look into it. I don't think there's much you can do except revert to the old system image if you have it around.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I have been hearing a lot of issues where the device isn't sleeping properly, and this is a new image from me. Perhaps I didn't sign properly, or something else was messed up...

I'll try to look into it. I don't think there's much you can do except revert to the old system image if you have it around.
I would suggest that you see if you can check your cpu speed. I know that when I locked mine at max rather than letting it auto scale the cpu the battery life went to poo (expected). On the other hand the performance was great.

The second thing I have to suggest is that you charge the batt on the wm or while powered off. Android doesn't seem to top off the batt very well, and could be shaving hours off your run time.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor

I tried another battery; still same on XDAnd, so it's not the battery; something to do with XDAnd.. Without a fix, this is not a good to keep without a charger nearby.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I booted GBX0B 2.3.7 on a family member's TP2, the battery just drain on his as well as a friend who booted to this version last week.

The battery life is very LOW on all 3 phones (including mine).
Old 02-15-2012, 03:00 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I booted GBX0B 2.3.7 on a family member's TP2, the battery just drain on his as well as a friend who booted to this version last week.

The battery life is very LOW on all 3 phones (including mine).
I already said there's a sleep issue.

I don't know what it is. I also stated you can revert to the last system image if you have an issue with it.

You do realize this is still in TESTING for a reason, right!?!?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I already said there's a sleep issue.

I don't know what it is. I also stated you can revert to the last system image if you have an issue with it.

You do realize this is still in TESTING for a reason, right!?!?
Yes sir, that's why I tested on others phone.. hehe..

What's the last system image you are talking about?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes sir, that's why I tested on others phone.. hehe..

What's the last system image you are talking about?
The previous build. If you don't have it, you'll have to wait for the next. I'm not even sure what the issue is, and no logs have shown me what it could possibly be. I don't think you've even posted any or tried to debug it, but others have to no avail.

So perhaps it's just something I hosed when I built it or signed it. I might just try to build another one. I first need to make sure my phone can sleep on this build. If it can, I really don't know what to tell you.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
The previous build. If you don't have it, you'll have to wait for the next. I'm not even sure what the issue is, and no logs have shown me what it could possibly be. I don't think you've even posted any or tried to debug it, but others have to no avail.

So perhaps it's just something I hosed when I built it or signed it. I might just try to build another one. I first need to make sure my phone can sleep on this build. If it can, I really don't know what to tell you.
Thanks for all your help; hope you can build a new one soon. Please do so.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development