PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Is it possible to have the numbers included on the top of the keyboard with the letters? Currently, I have to hit "?123" in the keyboard to get to #s...
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Anyone else have issue that it'll reboot in the middle of nothing..?

How many hours of battery are you guys getting?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
Is it possible to have the numbers included on the top of the keyboard with the letters? Currently, I have to hit "?123" in the keyboard to get to #s...
I have no problems using the keyboard's number keys, you have the right startup file?

I've had phone reboot in middle of night, once I didn't care to wake up to look at why so I ignored it, other time was phone got low on battery and was doing it's shut down which made it reboot into wm
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Are you using the soft kb? Isn't the whole reason of using this phone is for the physical kb? lol.

Quote:
Anyone else have issue that it'll reboot in the middle of nothing..?

How many hours of battery are you guys getting?
Reboot in the middle of nothing? What does that mean? Reboot to Windows? Were you using the phone, was it awake? Did you pull logs after the reboot?

Battery life is really subjective. It varies drastically on usage. I would get on average 10 hours.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
How do I verify if something is running in the back? Also, I normally just hit end button key when I am done with the app, how do I properly make sure it's back out of apps when done?

Also today, it freezed twice for me, and sometimes, it just stop working completly. Thanks!
Freezes happen, for various reasons. Logs are always hard to catch from this too, but if you know a repeatable way to make it freeze, setup continuous logging and recreate the freeze. Hopefully something good will show up.

Android doesn't really close apps... it intelligently manages memory. With that said, not all apps are created intelligently, and can hog resources. This is the only time I would say a task killer app is needed - when something is misbehaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I was wanting to try one of the other kernels for S&Gs. I tried swapping the zImage and modules files like I had in the past for Froyo, but can't get it to boot.
Could someone be kind and tell me where/what needs to be edited so I can try them out?
Thanks.
You're using EVERYTHING from the GBX0B build, right? startup.txt, HaRET.exe, etc? Nothing is reused from an old/outdated build?

Quote:
I get really battery hours, like 2 hrs (have Wifi off & Data enabled ON), any ideas to max the battery longer?

Do you think we'll ever get Android 4.0 ICS ported to TP2, just a thought..

I was going to put 4.0 ICS on my HP Touchpad tablet..
ICS may work, but it'll never work well. It requires hardware acceleration, and ours doesn't work so great. It is an adreno130 after all, be happy you get GB!! This devices hardware is circa 2007...

Just make sure GPS is disabled and you don't have a ton of apps set to sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
hm I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, thinking it's just my lack of android know how lol

But I can't seem to text people without using the area code to make the phone number 10 digits. I figured it would know that 7 digit numbers would be in the same area code as my own phone number but it isn't happening. Is there a place I can set area code?
Just like you have to dial the full 10 digits, you should also text with the full 10 digits.

Don't you use an address book? lol.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

You're using EVERYTHING from the GBX0B build, right? startup.txt, HaRET.exe, etc? Nothing is reused from an old/outdated build?
Yes. I tried a new build from scratch.
I downloaded your package. Deleted the zImage and modules file. Dowloaded kernel-pack-htc-msm-3.2.2-g5a54c81-20120128_164614 (tried htc-msm-linux-2.6.35-20120127_222030-package.tar also), and extracted the two files (renamed zImage to match deleted file) to the root of the sd card along with your package. Added the AcousticRHOD400CSV's, and the unit hung with a kernel panic or just outright rebooted the phone respectively.

Did I miss something?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Yes. I tried a new build from scratch.
I downloaded your package. Deleted the zImage and modules file. Dowloaded kernel-pack-htc-msm-3.2.2-g5a54c81-20120128_164614 (tried htc-msm-linux-2.6.35-20120127_222030-package.tar also), and extracted the two files (renamed zImage to match deleted file) to the root of the sd card along with your package. Added the AcousticRHOD400CSV's, and the unit hung with a kernel panic or just outright rebooted the phone respectively.

Did I miss something?
I don't know, you're on a TP2? RHOD400 from what I gather?

Assuming you have the startup.txt from this package and haret.exe from this package, and you're on a TP2 - should work great. The only other person having this problem was mixing and matching without telling me. So of course, it wouldn't work - he was using crap from an outdated build.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Are you using the soft kb? Isn't the whole reason of using this phone is for the physical kb? lol.

Reboot in the middle of nothing? What does that mean? Reboot to Windows? Were you using the phone, was it awake? Did you pull logs after the reboot?

Battery life is really subjective. It varies drastically on usage. I would get on average 10 hours.
The physical kb doesn't work well, I hate it.. Everytime I type something, it repeats like crazy.. and when I do backspace once, it deletes almost everything..

Reboots during it sitting idle (boot to WM), battery is 75%.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
The physical kb doesn't work well, I hate it.. Everytime I type something, it repeats like crazy.. and when I do backspace once, it deletes almost everything..

Reboots during it sitting idle (boot to WM), battery is 75%.
Don't ever hold down the keys. EVER! Don't hold them down at all. Press only once. Physical keyboard works so great here, I want to throw this iPhone at a wall.

I have no clue what you mean about that reboot statement. That's nice...?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

Quote:
Android doesn't really close apps... it intelligently manages memory. With that said, not all apps are created intelligently, and can hog resources. This is the only time I would say a task killer app is needed - when something is misbehaving.
Task killer? For misbehaving apps, uninstall works better.

EDIT: Battery life is generally fine for me, but it seems that it charges faster under XDAndroid. That's not possible, is it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development