PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

samjoandco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: W/AudioTrack( 1373): obtainBuffer timed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
please attach that. Which kernel are you on? Again this excerpt is useless without the complete log, but there is a different forum for posting impressions of the +.39 kernels.
here are the logs.
I have the default 27 kernel that is inside the package.
Attached Files
File Type: zip getlogs.zip (8.5 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by samjoandco; 01-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjoandco View Post
here are the logs.
I have the default 27 kernel that is inside thue package.
That's not proper GetLogs output.

I am not sure what's the deal with bluetooth, if indeed you are using .27 (not visible in the output you provided), but from what I hear from arrrghhh bluetooth is flaky at best with .27.

I was looking for audio errors in your logs and specifically the AudioTrack error you referrenced (this is somthing we targeted in the latest build). However there are no instances of this in your log, so I'll continue with the impression that our patch for this is working as it should.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

battery life is excellent in this one.

great build

thanks Arghhhh
Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck2528 View Post
When you use music, it leaves the speaker on after youre done. I think it does this with all the kernels. you can really here the speaker crackling after the app is closed.
I can't reproduce this issue either. Is there a particular app that causes it? Also, 'you think" it does this with all kernels...? Please confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I have found two very small bugs. Frequently the wifi connection will not change it's icon from white to green when connected. Still works, but the indicator just doesn't change color.
2nd when using the caps lock the keyboard caps lock led will stay lit after leaving a typing space, closing the slider, or sleep mode. It will then type in lower case with the caps lock led lit.
Like I said very very minor, but something I noticed.

Overall the package is much more stable than Froyo. Very good job.
The green/white is really not dependable. Just a guesstimate that you're online... I've noticed they won't ever go green until you setup a sync account. Does that mean you can't browse the web? No. Basically what I'm saying is the green/white indicator shouldn't be taken as gospel .

Not sure about the caps lock - AFAIK that's an all-userland affair, and should always be accurate. I'll have to ask around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I also got the camcorder problem, I could start it, and it would seem like it works but when you wait a bit it'll show force close/wait window

after you close it, when you try to load up camera again it doesn't work [crashes]
here's my log of it, sorry if it isn't right one, I just loaded up the getlog app and clicked the get a file button :S is there another way to get logs?

I did edit out my phone number/wifi name in the logs though
GetLogs automatically masks a lot of things - I don't know about wifi name, but it certainly does filter out your phone number and email addy's automatically. Same with IMEI, etc.

I don't know what you mean "another way" - you reproduce the issue, and pull logs. Sounds like you did it fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
Ok, I don't know if i did it right. I rebooted the phone, tried the camcorder which didn't work. went to GetLogs, and pressed Just a File. Then i transferred the data.txt file into my computer and put it in a zip file. then attached it here. Hopefully what's in that file makes sense to you
That's fine, I'll see what's in thar.

Thanks for the other kudos guys, glad you're enjoying this build. We'll try to make it better . Sorry for the long post, just catching up after some camping .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-22-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

samjoandco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
That's not proper GetLogs output.

I am not sure what's the deal with bluetooth, if indeed you are using .27 (not visible in the output you provided), but from what I hear from arrrghhh bluetooth is flaky at best with .27.

I was looking for audio errors in your logs and specifically the AudioTrack error you referrenced (this is somthing we targeted in the latest build). However there are no instances of this in your log, so I'll continue with the impression that our patch for this is working as it should.
the audio issue was there but after 4-5 reboots it got resolved. I am not sure why.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

GetLogs automatically masks a lot of things - I don't know about wifi name, but it certainly does filter out your phone number and email addy's automatically. Same with IMEI, etc.
What command would one type in mask strings for other peoples numbers in the log?
P.S. Had a hour long call last night and she stayed stable post call , but I had a random reboot today. Forgot to pull a log....will if/when it happens again.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 01-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
What command would one type in mask strings for other peoples numbers in the log?
P.S. Had a hour long call last night and she stayed stable post call , but I had a random reboot today. Forgot to pull a log....will if/when it happens again.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app
Well reboots (to WinMo) are a pain to track - the only post-mortem logs that exist are in /data/system/dropbox. This is in Android, and you're looking for the LAST_KMSG files.

You can also try pulling /proc/last_kmsg.

Honestly, rpierce99 says that mask doesn't always work properly. Always good to scan thru your logs just in case . I think it's a regular expression, I'd have to look. I honestly haven't used the custom mask...
Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

mck2528 is a n00b

Here is the problem I get when I replace the Zimage and module with new ones from the build page. Youre simply replacing the zimage and module in the spot where all your android boot stuff is right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3374438...in/photostream

Last edited by mck2528; 01-23-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck2528 View Post
Here is the problem I get when I replace the Zimage and module with new ones from the build page. Youre simply replacing the zimage and module in the spot where all your android boot stuff is right?

boot error | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
How many times do I have to link you to this page?

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Incremental_Updates

Also, "build page"? Where are you getting these replacement kernels from? Which kernels have you tried? Do you have the entire bundle from the first post, or are you mixing things from other builds?

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-23-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

mck2528 is a n00b

I'm getting the replacement kernels from Htc-Msm-Kernel-Autobuild.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development