PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   Guide to get Nand working on TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147940)

vzihome 11-10-2011 07:58 PM

Guide to get Nand working on TP2

*Down until further notice.*

arrrghhh 11-10-2011 08:02 PM

Re: Guide to get Nand working on TP2

lol, I said we'd do an official guide when everything has settled and we're ready for release.

Oh well. Hopefully this will help people with fastboot/adb issues.

vzihome 11-10-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2155114)
lol, I said we'd do an official guide when everything has settled and we're ready for release.

Oh well. Hopefully this will help people with fastboot/adb issues.

Hey arrrghhh if this is going to cause issue I will gladly take it down. Let me know asap!

Otherwise its a quick and dirty guide will clean it up as soon as I get near a computer.

Sent from my ACL powered TP2 using Tapatalk

arrrghhh 11-10-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 2155115)
Hey arrrghhh if this is going to cause issue I will gladly take it down. Let me know asap!

Otherwise its a quick and dirty guide will clean it up as soon as I get near a computer.

Eh, it's one of those things - I don't want to make an easy, step-by-step guide just to get someone a system that's completely unstable. If they're able to figure out how to flash based on the information out there, they probably will also provide some good information as feedback on the system. Typically I wouldn't setup an easy how-to until testing is done. Basically if the user can't figure it out, they probably shouldn't be testing it.

I just don't see the point in guiding people thru how to do something, only to have a ton of posts complaining about broken stuff. That's not productive or useful to anyone.

I'm sure a lot of users are just fuming right now, but it's the truth. Sorry.

vzihome 11-10-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2155119)
Eh, it's one of those things - I don't want to make an easy, step-by-step guide just to get someone a system that's completely unstable. If they're able to figure out how to flash based on the information out there, they probably will also provide some good information as feedback on the system. Typically I wouldn't setup an easy how-to until testing is done. Basically if the user can't figure it out, they probably shouldn't be testing it.

I just don't see the point in guiding people thru how to do something, only to have a ton of posts complaining about broken stuff. That's not productive or useful to anyone.

I'm sure a lot of users are just fuming right now, but it's the truth. Sorry.

10-4, agreed

Sc/ant864 11-11-2011 01:31 AM

I give you an A for effort and a pat on the back. Don't feel bad, because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, arrrghhh and [ACL] will probably be fed up with my stupid questions in no time. :D

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

[ACL] 11-11-2011 04:44 AM

:headbang:
Sorry i was the one who really wanted to keep the manuals until the end. We have a quick and dirty primer on the project page wiki. I figured if anyone was serious they would do the research.

Yall can improve on that i guess. :scratch:

Sc/ant864 11-11-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155172)
:headbang:
Sorry i was the one who really wanted to keep the manuals until the end. We have a quick and dirty primer on the project page wiki. I figured if anyone was serious they would do the research.

Yall can improve on that i guess. :scratch:

I hope you didn't take my previous post as a knock to you guys, I'm just inept when it comes to Linux based devices. I'm more than willing to do the reasearch but some of this stuff is just beyond me.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

darylrue 12-04-2011 06:12 PM

I have been flashing, tweaking, hacking, jailbreaking, etc.. for years since first version of windows CE. I am on epic 4g and have been through many roms with it and about 10x as many on windows mobile then android on my TP2. I still have Sprint TP2 as well and have been running android off SD card for a while since nothing was working. I downloaded all files to try nand version and was looking for a faq to refresh myself before jumping back in. This would have been helpful I am sure. If possible email to darylrue@gmail.com, thanks. Otherwise I will figure it out but will take longer. Its cold and I would like to play around this week a bit.

arrrghhh 12-04-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darylrue (Post 2158659)
I have been flashing, tweaking, hacking, jailbreaking, etc.. for years since first version of windows CE. I am on epic 4g and have been through many roms with it and about 10x as many on windows mobile then android on my TP2. I still have Sprint TP2 as well and have been running android off SD card for a while since nothing was working. I downloaded all files to try nand version and was looking for a faq to refresh myself before jumping back in. This would have been helpful I am sure. If possible email to darylrue@gmail.com, thanks. Otherwise I will figure it out but will take longer. Its cold and I would like to play around this week a bit.

The concepts are the same as in this thread, just apply the new files to these directions... It's pretty much like flashing a WinMo ROM, then flashing Android to it. Fun mix of both.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...-recovery.html