PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [DEV] - CyanogenMod - 7.1.0 {2.3.7} - 400/500 Only (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147851)

[ACL] 11-03-2011 02:00 PM

[DEV] - CyanogenMod - 7.1.0 {2.3.7} - 400/500 Only

3 Attachment(s)
This is a DEV thread so I expect valuable feedback. The process is the same install LK, flash recovery and install the rom

CWM-Based Recovery v5.0.2.7
CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1

I'm including my original recovery here as well since the button's on cmw based recovery don't respond properly at times. Also it does not charge the phone. Most of you think the charging is done via hardware which is completely wrong.

ACL recovery

Let the shenanigans begin !!!

[ACL] 11-03-2011 02:01 PM

Re: [DEV] - CyanogenMod -- -- -- TBA

Still compiling a list of what is working and what is not.

• Notification LED doesn't notify, but just outputs whether your phone is in sleep (green) or active (orange). This is to debug the sleep status.
  • Light sensor and auto-backlight Fully working
  • Proximity sensor Fully Working
  • Wifi will not connect to WEP, only WPA or unencrypted.
  • Bluetooth is now working but needs more testing. (all i tested was file transfers)
  • 3.5mm headset jack Not working.
  • extUSB headset jack Needs testing.
  • Location Not working and needs some love.
  • Battery level reading is pretty inaccurate, best around 50% and least accurate at the extremes. If you find yourself with a dead battery, just plug in the charger and let it sit there. THe light will not turn on green on its own so you will need to remove it from the charger and boot to see the status of the charge.
  • Stylus removal/insertion sensor is completely not working.
  • TV Out is completely not working.
  • Zoom Bar is completely not working.
  • Tethering Needs testing i suppose.
  • Speakerphone mute button on back doesn't do anything.
  • Special keyboard keys : Any volunteers to fix this?
  • Internal memory : fully working
  • USB Mass Storage : fully working
  • Shutdown : fully working
  • Reboot : fully working (including rebooting into recovery and bootloader)
  • Video playback works for low resolutions, but high resolutions such as Youtube HQ have only audio. This can be alleviated with highlandsun's experimental codecs.
  • Button Lights : Currently they work when light sensor detects a change. Not sure how they are actually supposed to work.
  • TS calibration : Currently its done automatically but no way of calibrating the points. Looking into calibration apps to use.
  • Overclock : Set cpu supported by the kernel.
  • CDMA DATA : working and ability to have the world phone [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]menu[/COLOR][/COLOR]. GSM mode not supported at the moment. Will fix soon.
  • Camera : not working

arrrghhh 11-03-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2153887)
Reserved before some a**hole says something stupid :protest:

:-\"

lol. Thanks bro, lookin forward to it! CM7, w00t!

Sc/ant864 11-03-2011 06:59 PM

Can't wait! :D

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

Boominsvx 11-03-2011 09:10 PM

I'm sure you read this somewhat useless post by now soooo.... THIRD. There, even more useless.

peteschlabar 11-04-2011 10:27 AM

Re: [DEV] - CyanogenMod - 7.1.0 {2.3.7} - 400/500 Only

Can't wait! I'm so ready to wipe win. mob. from my phone for good! :mrgreen:

Sc/ant864 11-04-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2153886)
rummors are true.. its coming. :headbang:

http://youtu.be/NFG2E_xMDxA

Man just watched the video....smooth and buttery.....drooling.

Boominsvx 11-06-2011 03:16 AM

ELECTRIC SEX!

Clockworkmod seems to take a few minutes to get the menus working, but they showed up eventually. Reboot into recovery works nicely. Don't know if that is of any importance, but info either way. Gettin in to CWM with LK is a little tough for me for some reason. It didn't seem to have any ill effects on my current nand build though, and I mounted the usb to send CM7.1 over. AWSOME job guys! Now as soon as this menu loads so I can flash, I'll give you info on the rom.

EDIT 1: DOH, Send key instead of End key. My Bad number 1. What is the proper way to boot into Recovery?

[ACL] 11-06-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 2154287)
ELECTRIC SEX!

Clockworkmod seems to take a few minutes to get the menus working, but they showed up eventually. Reboot into recovery works nicely. Don't know if that is of any importance, but info either way. Gettin in to CWM with LK is a little tough for me for some reason. It didn't seem to have any ill effects on my current nand build though, and I mounted the usb to send CM7.1 over. AWSOME job guys! Now as soon as this menu loads so I can flash, I'll give you info on the rom.

EDIT 1: DOH, Send key instead of End key. My Bad number 1. What is the proper way to boot into Recovery?

good question. As soon as you see the welcome to poopy text, hold down the power button (top) and dont let go until you see it tell you "power button was pressed" then it will go into recovery. Once you have a rom installed, you can simply boot into recovery from the rom itself. When you hold down the powerbutton you are give options (recovery, bootloader and shutdown).

ppcg is going on and off for me so hopefully this post makes it through :bigsmurf:

Sc/ant864 11-06-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2153886)
Also it does not charge the phone. Most of you think the charging is done via hardware which is completely wrong.

Is this why mass storage works?