PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DEV] - CyanogenMod - 7.1.0 {2.3.7} - 400/500 Only

Haha, i step out this afternoon and come back to all these replies. The only issue that really worries me is the sound for now. I'll look into that and see why my build is different. I may have missed something which always happens when you try to debug. Also im surprised thats all considering this is the first round of many.

As for the LS and Prox. Well cm has a different way of dealing with all that. Actually i think you can even turn it off in the settings so i havent gone too deep into it. It would be hard to believe it's broken since it works on omgb which is almost pure aosp. I am however working on improving the LS a little more. The issue is that it takes a good amount of light to actually brighten the screen. No problem, we can adjust some values right? wrong because lets say you turn off the lights and you want to just browse something on the phone, the screen will blind you if we change the values too much.

So the key is to find a happy medium. Almost all kernel updates from me lately have some sort of LS adjustment. I'll know when to stop when everyone no longer complains about it .. lol
Old 11-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
FYI apn won't "show/save" after saving, hence no mms both cm7 and omgb

Also using any value on sdbooster for me = black screen of death(on sleep)...have to pull out battery(both cm7 and omgb). Staying with stock value 128 running like a champ(omgb)

Sent from my (ACL) OMGB using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2011, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
FYI apn won't "show/save" after saving, hence no mms both cm7 and omgb

Also using any value on sdbooster for me = black screen of death(on sleep)...have to pull out battery(both cm7 and omgb). Staying with stock value 128 running like a champ(omgb)

Sent from my (ACL) OMGB using Tapatalk
lets get some logs going .. I dont know what sdbooster is but im interested to know.

adb into the phone. do a logcat and run thatever is crashing. See what the logcat says. If it kills adb, then just copy and past the last thing you see.

Do the same for kernel but this is tricky. Adb into the phone and type "cat /proc/kmsg" This will show you the dmesg as it runs. THen crash the phone again with the app and see whats the last thing.

Thanks dood.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Well here's a dmesg, logcat and logcat radio I threw together after playing sound, crashing the market and crashing launcherpro. May be of use so here ya go. I've had plenty of failed unblanks with SCREEN_STATE: error: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: RADIO_NOT_AVAILABLE, but no soft reboots or crashed system server yet... I dont think. Probably cause I dont have service on this phone now.

Also, I see this after LauncherPro crashes
E/ActivityManager( 1075): ANR in android.process.acore (com.fede.launcher/.Launcher)
E/ActivityManager( 1075): Reason: keyDispatchingTimedOut

and I noticed the hard keyboard d=pad keys are off, and FN key doesnt seem to work. Not sure if this is related to the same theoretical "keys".
Attached Files
File Type: zip Android.zip (30.5 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Boominsvx; 11-07-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
lets get some logs going .. I dont know what sdbooster is but im interested to know.

adb into the phone. do a logcat and run thatever is crashing. See what the logcat says. If it kills adb, then just copy and past the last thing you see.

Do the same for kernel but this is tricky. Adb into the phone and type "cat /proc/kmsg" This will show you the dmesg as it runs. THen crash the phone again with the app and see whats the last thing.

Thanks dood.
At work will do later, sdbooster set read write speed of sdcard

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post

Thanks dood.
Heh, I run SD Booster, but never messed with the values on NAND - it was pretty important when we were running off of the SD card, but now it doesn't seem so important. I guess if you move apps to the SD card it is important, as those apps will then be running off the SD (duh).

Edit - I'll check it out and post some logs if he doesn't. I'm not on CM, I jumped ship back to OMGB... Evidently it fails on both tho.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-07-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Heh, I run SD Booster, but never messed with the values on NAND - it was pretty important when we were running off of the SD card, but now it doesn't seem so important. I guess if you move apps to the SD card it is important, as those apps will then be running off the SD (duh).

Edit - I'll check it out and post some logs if he doesn't. I'm not on CM, I jumped ship back to OMGB... Evidently it fails on both tho.
You might have to post them not able to at the moment.

On another note installing the minimal gapps (that i posted on omgb thread) on cm7 no fc's, no sluggishness,no fail to wake issues(turned off auto brightness) running upto par with omgb or maybe better, dont know might be a placebo effect. Only thing from keeping me running cm7 is for lack of sound on speakerphone, i do like the sound volume on ear speaker, really loud!

Sent from my (ACL) CM7.1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

baalho is just getting started

This is looking really good, I had problem booting into android on the latest OMGB, so i had given up.

so far been using for couple of hours.
-After market fix, no fc (change language to english(us))
-USB thetering works great (using PDAnet from market)

issues so far
-Used the custom shortcut trick to get to WifiHotspot (ap), but would not start.
-No sound at all during calls
-Sound only comes from external speaker, and the volume is very low

looks promising!

Great job
Old 11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Could the sound problem be an audiopara file? Can I just switch it with omgb and be good?

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

x12CHRIS18x is a n00b
Is this build stable now?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development