PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
But, this is for WinMo. We're not running WinMo .
Are you sure.... When I started up my phone it looked just like this.
http://ticker.ttsh.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/win95-n82.jpg
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Another spontaneously reboot, phone was idle on the table in time of reboot.
nothing stands out. Log is clean and panics dont cause reboots so this may have been a userland crash.

After the crash, how much is the batt level when it comes back up? Since android automatically shuts off when level reaches 0, i'm wondering perhaps if we are dipping into 0 and not realizing it.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 R500
Carrier: Movilnet

imohtep is a n00b

Hi , Master ACL, exist any way for add spanish language in this rom? this depends of gapps file? or where can i find a gapps file updated?

Again thanks for your great work, until now i dont have any SOD, 5 hours battery life in a low uses but its more than before
Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post
Hi , Master ACL, exist any way for add spanish language in this rom? this depends of gapps file? or where can i find a gapps file updated?

Again thanks for your great work, until now i dont have any SOD, 5 hours battery life in a low uses but its more than before
Spanish? Get MoreLocale2 if your language isn't included... I thought Spanish was included tho? Not sure, never looked.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post

No idea dood. Remember i'm not the author of the Rom, I simply wrote the HAL libs so we can use the rom with our kernel.

I'm not sure what else we can do to improve batt life. I studied the battery algos from winmo and replicated them close to perfection, not sure what else to do now ..

Also for those of you who want more info on how the batt is being wasted, if you go to settings > battery usage and click on the top graph, you will see the discharge of the batt relative to phone signal/sleep/screen.

Also spare parts has the actual mV display which will show you how much juice your batt actually has without any corrections.

I have few if any improvements to make on the driver.. I know we have a few kernel folk here who love to roll their own. They are welcomed to change some of the values on the driver. I left some instructions on

arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/htc_battery_rhodium.h - linux-msm-rhod-nand in Linux on Qualcomm's MSM - Gitorious

Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Rhod100
Carrier: Orange PL

mayestik1 is a n00b

I charged the phone and put it away to see how long it will be active. The result (without using phone) is 13 hours in stand-by mode.
I confirm.. to activate charging LED its needed to uncheck and check again 'charging light' in sound settings.

BTW. I havent got sound while calling. Is it required to have 'audiopara' CSVs on SDcard or not?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayestik1 View Post
BTW. I havent got sound while calling. Is it required to have 'audiopara' CSVs on SDcard or not?
Is it only when calling? Can you preview ringtones? Have you ever had sound with OMGB?

The CSV's are baked into this ROM, so there's no need to have them on your SD card - but I do believe the SD card CSV's will override the ones in the ROM in case you want to override them...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Rhod100
Carrier: Orange PL

mayestik1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Is it only when calling? Can you preview ringtones? Have you ever had sound with OMGB?

The CSV's are baked into this ROM, so there's no need to have them on your SD card - but I do believe the SD card CSV's will override the ones in the ROM in case you want to override them...
Yes.. I don't hear anyone when I'm calling. I can preview ringtones, I hear alarms... I don't call too often so I didn't notice this problem earlier. I remember that I had sound in caling in OMGB (long time ago).
I tried with uploading my audioparas to /system/etc/ but it didn't help.
Is there any way to check if my earspeaker is kaput?

Attaching logs while making a call.

EDIT: I have sound if I change to loudspeaker in call ..
Attached Files
File Type: txt calling_log.txt (11.8 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mayestik1; 04-17-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yes.. I don't hear anyone when I'm calling. I can preview ringtones, I hear alarms... I don't call too often so I didn't notice this problem earlier. I remember that I had sound in caling in OMGB (long time ago).

If you think it's hardware, the only way to be sure is to flash back WinMo... Sorry.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htrakr is a n00b

Quote:

Not sure if its the same thing but sometimes when I call I never hear any ringing but the call goes through and the other person can hear me but I dont hear them. This is usually fixed with a reboot. (Happens very infrequently)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development