PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 05:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

I did my first few rounds of testing now i need some brave souls to try this bad boy out.

http://rhodium-nand.googlecode.com/f...ewBattTest.zip

This is a test kernel so please make sure you know that the results may be unexpected.

The difference in this kernel is that the led will no longer remain green when sleep. All that has been removed so we can allow userland to handle leds when charging and when fully charged. Update like always with recovery and let it charge. Then see if batt life has improved a bit and hopefully it has.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 R500
Carrier: Movilnet

imohtep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Amazing , thanks ACL for your work, i will test this new kernel, a question, whats is your opinion about overclock on this rom? overclock kill a battery life? or using CPU Master we can save battery life and have good performance? and how can i set overclock on this rom?, thanks for all and i hope you had have a good happy birthay
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I did my first few rounds of testing now i need some brave souls to try this bad boy out.

http://rhodium-nand.googlecode.com/f...ewBattTest.zip

This is a test kernel so please make sure you know that the results may be unexpected.

The difference in this kernel is that the led will no longer remain green when sleep. All that has been removed so we can allow userland to handle leds when charging and when fully charged. Update like always with recovery and let it charge. Then see if batt life has improved a bit and hopefully it has.

Sweet. Loading it now. Thanks.

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-15-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Does getlogs work with this build? I tried loading getlogs 1.1 to pull the logs after a SoD and it didn't do anything...
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post
Amazing , thanks ACL for your work, i will test this new kernel, a question, whats is your opinion about overclock on this rom? overclock kill a battery life? or using CPU Master we can save battery life and have good performance? and how can i set overclock on this rom?, thanks for all and i hope you had have a good happy birthay
I OC from time to time for testing and to be honest i can't really tell. Once this first round of batt testing is done i'm going to release docs so people can tweak their driver. Right now the driver i put out is somewhat conservative when it comes to charge. We can make it really aggressive to squeeze the most juice out, but i noticed that has some drawbacks that people may not be willing to put up with.

For example i'm setting level 0 to 3550mV. Now ive seen my rhod run on lower voltage, we may be able to squeeze more out of the batt over time. The sad part is that no matter how much i try, the discharge rate is higher than winmo. Meaning we really burn up more battery at any point in time. I'm sure there is some hardware im not turning off, so the hunt will begin for that soon.

The goal if the first round test is just to test the over all life of a fully charged batt. If its better than before, then we continue with the research. Hope all goes well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post
I use Quick CPU Overclock lite off of the market, and it seems to work well.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htrakr is a n00b

OT question
Has anyone figured out how to change PRL or is the only option to go back to winmo change PRL and then flash OMGB after. (will do this as last option but really dont want to)

I tried instructions posted on [GUIDE] How to change your PRL while using CM7 - xda-developers but it did not work (QPST does not detect phone)
Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htrakr View Post
OT question
Has anyone figured out how to change PRL or is the only option to go back to winmo change PRL and then flash OMGB after. (will do this as last option but really dont want to)

I tried instructions posted on [GUIDE] How to change your PRL while using CM7 - xda-developers but it did not work (QPST does not detect phone)
Are you trying to do this so you can get 3g on roaming, or just roaming all the time? If you just need to be forced roaming you can get roam control to do the job, but you have to restart the wifi every time you reboot or you set the phone to roam mode.

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-15-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htrakr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Are you trying to do this so you can get 3g on roaming, or just roaming all the time? If you just need to be forced roaming you can get roam control to do the job, but you have to restart the wifi every time you reboot or you set the phone to roam mode.
3g on roaming
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Hi folks!

First things first, thanks ACL for your great work!

Ok, this is just a first impressions post on the new kernel, I've been out most of the day and haven't had time to pull logs.

I installed at about 8 am. I don't seem to have better battery life, but the indicator is much improved, no more ups and downs. It's more reliable.

On the down side, my phone has rebooted on its own a lot, about six times today, all of them while the phone was idle, doing nothing. Oh, it froze once, had to push the little red button.

I'll be kicking the tires of this new kernel and if my problems persist I'll pull and post some logs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development