PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Rogers

rete is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yes, but they are not identical. The Magic is also pretty similar, just less RAM. Tattoo/Legend I gather is also pretty similar.
Magic supports 1.1 as well and it has the identical chipset to Rhodium again. Legend has much better hardware (MSM7227 with Adreno 200) and supports OpenGL ES 2.

Adreno 130 supports 1.1 - here's what Qualcomm says:

Quote:
Adreno 130 GPU
Included in certain Snapdragon S1 chipsets, the Adreno 130 GPU features complete hardware support for 3D graphics and the APIs you need to deliver industry leading games and engaging UIs on feature phones.

Fixed function graphics pipeline
Enables concurrent CPU, DSP, graphics, and MDP

Supported APIs:
OpenGL ES 1.1
OpenVG 1.1
EGL 1.3
Direct3D Mobile
SVGT 1.2
Direct Draw
GDI

Available on Snapdragon S1 chipsets, including:
MSM7x01
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rete View Post
Magic supports 1.1 as well and it has the identical chipset to Rhodium again. Legend has much better hardware (MSM7227 with Adreno 200) and supports OpenGL ES 2.

Adreno 130 supports 1.1 - here's what Qualcomm says:
I'm not calling you a liar, just that there's always been discussion as to whether our hardware supports it or not. Perhaps we just have the wrong lib... Dunno.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Hi guys!

I found this on the web, just to remember the good old days when the MSM7600 was top dog!

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MSM7600 datasheet.pdf (417.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Hi guys!

I found this on the web, just to remember the good old days when the MSM7600 was top dog!

Enjoy!
lol, this is for a slightly older device... But nice?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

One OT question - where is ACL and other developers? Missing their great development and porting Android to our old phones
Old 03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
One OT question - where is ACL and other developers? Missing their great development and porting Android to our old phones
Ugh, I completely despise posts like this. As if they owe it to you? They're doing this in their free time.

Plus, you have to realize this device is ancient - you should be happy anyone is still working on it at all, instead of whining they're not working on it enough.

Either way, ACL is really the only dev working on NAND. Always has been, and perhaps always will be. Real life has been hitting him pretty hard lately. C'est la vie.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

I posted this over in the GetLogs thread but since I know there were unique issues for NAND and not everyone that hangs out over here makes it over there, I'd like for anyone using GetLogs on NAND to try out the new version here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click!
You can see some of the changes in that post, mainly it fixes a huge bug with the "just a file" option, it also limits the size of the output to 1000 lines per log, to prevent OutOfMemory Exceptions.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: sprint

guruvince is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Having followed a good portion of ACL's work, I would bet good money he is getting laid. At least I hope he is. If I am correct, we can at least say, that the man has his priorities intact.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Ugh, I completely despise posts like this. As if they owe it to you? They're doing this in their free time.

Plus, you have to realize this device is ancient - you should be happy anyone is still working on it at all, instead of whining they're not working on it enough.

Either way, ACL is really the only dev working on NAND. Always has been, and perhaps always will be. Real life has been hitting him pretty hard lately. C'est la vie.
Sure, okay, I am aware of it. My question not be a whining, I just asked. Thank you.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Rogers

rete is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

It's a shame that the TP2 sees such little Android action. The Xperia X1 - an older device with slightly slower hardware - has very active Android nand development. Heck, it's not even been demoted to "Legacy or Low Activity Device" status over at XDA.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development