PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

I have one request (don't be angry to me ) - is it possible to release solitary patch which will be solving the batery life? (div by zero found by muzziling). Actually is very problematical using the daily phone which is go from battery about 6-7 hours only. Please, please, please
And one question - when we can post problems with gps? Let us know as soon as you will be ready with debug environment, ACL or what about it?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jotarou1 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Hello,
I noticed on the front page that these two items are still mentioned.

3.5mm headset jack Not working.
Tethering Needs testing i suppose.

I have been using Pandora with the 3.5mm headset jack daily and it works great. I am using a Sprint TP2. Also tried tethering last night with my HP Touchpad running WebOS using WPA and it worked excellent. When my screen went black it would stop working though (I probably need to change a setting to leave wifi on), but as soon as I woke the screen up it would work again. Let me know if you would like me to try any other settings for tethering.

Thanks again for the awesome ROM, I am loving it especially with my Google Voice (and new unlimited texting)!

Thank you ACL, arrrghhh, and all the developers/testers who are making this happen!!

Juan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
I have one request (don't be angry to me ) - is it possible to release solitary patch which will be solving the batery life? (div by zero found by muzziling). Actually is very problematical using the daily phone which is go from battery about 6-7 hours only. Please, please, please
And one question - when we can post problems with gps? Let us know as soon as you will be ready with debug environment, ACL or what about it?
Uhm, that divide by 0 is a kernel bug that's already been patched (AFAIK). It causes reboots - has nothing to do with battery life (unless I'm completely misunderstanding it?)

As for GPS - what's wrong with it? I've been playing with it, I'd say it works just about as good as it does on SD card installs. I'd say debugging it should wait until it's officially in the build - ACL just provided a flashable zip for those that wanted to use it. It's not meant for feedback yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotarou1 View Post
Hello,
I noticed on the front page that these two items are still mentioned.

3.5mm headset jack Not working.
Tethering Needs testing i suppose.

I have been using Pandora with the 3.5mm headset jack daily and it works great. I am using a Sprint TP2. Also tried tethering last night with my HP Touchpad running WebOS using WPA and it worked excellent. When my screen went black it would stop working though (I probably need to change a setting to leave wifi on), but as soon as I woke the screen up it would work again. Let me know if you would like me to try any other settings for tethering.
USB tethering still doesn't work, and try disabling the wifi hotspot... Phone will lock up HARD.

The 3.5mm jack does need to be changed - but to be fair that was only fixed in the latest build .
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ahh, you are correct. Well the hack was to avoid these nasty div by 0 we used to get in the logs.

Code:
diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery_smem.c b/arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery_smem.c
index 1d9e750..7967b28 100644
--- a/arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery_smem.c
+++ b/arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery_smem.c
@@ -1371,7 +1371,12 @@ static int htc_rhod_batt_corr( struct battery_info_reply *buffer )

/* TODO: temp algo is not ok..if someone have the timte -> must look into the driver */
        buffer->batt_tempRAW = ( buffer->batt_tempRAW * 5200 ) / htc_adc_range;
-       av_index = ( buffer->batt_tempRAW * 18 ) / ( 2600 - buffer->batt_tempRAW );
+       /* HACK: This is a giant hack since if batt_tempRAW = 2600 we get a div by 0 */
+       if (buffer->batt_tempRAW < 2600) {
+               av_index = ( buffer->batt_tempRAW * 18 ) / ( 2600 - buffer->batt_tempRAW );
+       } else { 
+               av_index =1347;
+       }
        buffer->batt_tempRAW = htc_battery_temperature_lut( av_index );
        if ( buffer->batt_tempRAW < 250 ) /* fixed til so long we can get constant values - otherwise the algo wouln'T work good */
                buffer->batt_tempRAW = 250;
I'll prioritise this if everyone is getting less and less batt time now.
Arrrggghh, I wrote about this post (concerning battery life). BTW: what about your battery life? Am I alone with this problem or has someone same problem?
And about GPS - my GPS doesn't see satelites. I tested it in Google Maps and Sygic. GPS finding, but with no success (no signal from universe ) Tried stock radio 4.49.25.91 and latest 4.49.25.95. Is this problem in my hand or is there any bug? Of course, zip from ACL released a few days ago I have installed.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Arrrggghh, I wrote about this post (concerning battery life). BTW: what about your battery life? Am I alone with this problem or has someone same problem?
And about GPS - my GPS doesn't see satelites. I tested it in Google Maps and Sygic. GPS finding, but with no success (no signal from universe ) Tried stock radio 4.49.25.91 and latest 4.49.25.95. Is this problem in my hand or is there any bug? Of course, zip from ACL released a few days ago I have installed.
Battery life - not so good compared to HaRET. ACL's post does seem to indicate that it would effect battery life - so perhaps I have misunderstood. Wouldn't be the first time .

I'll have to play with GPS more. I thought it worked, but I guess I've never tried to get a lock on OMGB - I was recalling my testing with GBX0B. Sorry for the mixup. I'm trying GPS inside right now, so far no luck - but that usually doesn't work unless I do QuickGPS in WinMo first, which isn't an option here .
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Battery life - not so good compared to HaRET. ACL's post does seem to indicate that it would effect battery life - so perhaps I have misunderstood. Wouldn't be the first time .
I'm getting 24+ hours of light use with OMGB. Not quite as good as FRX07.1, but darn close.

Quote:
I'll have to play with GPS more. I thought it worked, but I guess I've never tried to get a lock on OMGB - I was recalling my testing with GBX0B. Sorry for the mixup. I'm trying GPS inside right now, so far no luck - but that usually doesn't work unless I do QuickGPS in WinMo first, which isn't an option here .
GPS worked on the previous OMGB (12-21 + acoustic) when I added the 1.2.2 gps.rhodium.so library into the build. Lock was not super fast, but not bad.

It never locked on a location inside for me. I don't ever remember being able to get a GPS lock indoors with WinMo, so I'm guessing it's a hardware limitation.

One problem I saw (more inferred) was that the GPS wasn't being fully turned off because battery life would go to he!! until I rebooted.

It was also fairly certain to get a hard lock-up (requiring reset button) if I was actively using the GPS for more than 20-30 minutes (Maps while driving, c:geo for geocaching, etc).
Old 01-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
I'm getting 24+ hours of light use with OMGB. Not quite as good as FRX07.1, but darn close.
My battery could be close to death, but I don't get nearly that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
GPS worked on the previous OMGB (12-21 + acoustic) when I added the 1.2.2 gps.rhodium.so library into the build. Lock was not super fast, but not bad.

It never locked on a location inside for me. I don't ever remember being able to get a GPS lock indoors with WinMo, so I'm guessing it's a hardware limitation.

One problem I saw (more inferred) was that the GPS wasn't being fully turned off because battery life would go to he!! until I rebooted.

It was also fairly certain to get a hard lock-up (requiring reset button) if I was actively using the GPS for more than 20-30 minutes (Maps while driving, c:geo for geocaching, etc).
Well it definitely worked with the flashed zip. Took a little while to lock, and certainly did take going outside. For the record mbellot, I have definitely gotten locks inside - but again, only after using QuickGPS. With no assistance, the radio takes quite a long time to get a fix.

The other bugs you mention are pretty much status quo - although GPS doesn't seem to kill sleep, you think it still does despite the indicator going green? I haven't had a problem with the phone sleeping, but I haven't used GPS a whole lot. Just got a speedo app to see how accurate my speedo is in my truck on the way home from work... worked great! I don't think I used it for even 20 minutes.... maybe 10. That lockup bug sounds like the same thing that happens in HaRET... Not sure anyone has even captured logs from such a crash.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotarou1 View Post
I have been using Pandora with the 3.5mm headset jack daily and it works great. I am using a Sprint TP2. Also tried tethering last night with my HP Touchpad running WebOS using WPA and it worked excellent.
Given that the touchpad on webos doesn't support adhoc connections, I'd like to hear more about this....
Old 01-24-2012, 02:31 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
Given that the touchpad on webos doesn't support adhoc connections, I'd like to hear more about this....
The built-in 'portable hotspot' actually puts up a true AP - not an adhoc network.

The only problem with the built-in wifi tethering is that it blows up when you disable it. Something about the firmware getting unloaded and causing explosions. I've had it work for hours, no problem - all up until I go to disable it...
Old 01-24-2012, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:

Ohhh, sorry, I thought you are on NAND

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development