PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (Latest version 1.2.3) - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Exactly. We have the same option but when i change it it always goes back to cdma. SOO this means we cant test this unless you have no cdma service and an active sim? im sure someone will test eventually.
Well the problem is, even if CDMA service isn't active, it'll still connect to towers. I have two Sprint phones that are service-less, but they still connect to the towers. You can even "attempt" to make a phone call, but as stinebd likes to say all you get is the angry Sprint guy on the other end.

So unless you're in an area that simply doesn't provide CDMA service (emwe anyone?) I don't know if this will work.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I don't know anything about NAND, but at least in our Haret builds you can just set ro.telephony.default_network to 1 in build.prop or in the telephony db and it forces GSM mode, won't even spin up a CDMA mode.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
I don't know anything about NAND, but at least in our Haret builds you can just set ro.telephony.default_network to 1 in build.prop or in the telephony db and it forces GSM mode, won't even spin up a CDMA mode.
thats that userland does for you anwyays. Howerver the radio keeps changing it back. I guess hardcoding it on the build prop would be enough for a test :-\
Old 11-30-2011, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well the problem is, even if CDMA service isn't active, it'll still connect to towers. I have two Sprint phones that are service-less, but they still connect to the towers. You can even "attempt" to make a phone call, but as stinebd likes to say all you get is the angry Sprint guy on the other end.

So unless you're in an area that simply doesn't provide CDMA service (emwe anyone?) I don't know if this will work.
Likely asking the obvious considering you are an expert but your phones are radio unlocked as well as security unlocked right?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
Likely asking the obvious considering you are an expert but your phones are radio unlocked as well as security unlocked right?
I've only done HSPL. Radio unlock (SIM unlock) is only necessary if you want to run a CDMA device in GSM mode in the USA. If you have a CDMA device that you want to use GSM abroad, it's not locked down.

So again, only HSPL is required to flash unsigned images.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

vz radio seems to be a must. since i updated to that radio, there havent been any instances where the screen is unresponsive and it seems that the phone and data connection are more stable too!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I think muzling will be happy with the next release. I made it easier for cdma folk to use usernames and passwords for ppp. Since ril is hardcoded to use dummy, they can butcher a script to make it happen. Nice stop gap for now i suppose.
Nice work, I try upgrade ppp to version 2.4.5, ppp version is too old, maybe related with phone reboot,freeze
(I disable data connection, phone will reboot or freeze)
EDIT: new version not help me fix issue

Use command ‘busybox ifconfig -a’ , will see an eth call dummy0

Now I wrote a script to start pppd
Quote:
#!/system/bin/sh

USER=`getprop net.gprs.user`
PASSWORD=`getprop net.gprs.password`
DEVICE=`getprop net.gprs.device`
/system/bin/pppd $DEVICE defaultroute local usepeerdns noipdefault unit 0 nodetach linkname gprs lcp-restart 1 lcp-max-configure 3 ipcp-restart 1 ipcp-max-configure 3 debug user $USER password $PASSWORD

Last edited by muziling; 12-01-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
vz radio seems to be a must. since i updated to that radio, there havent been any instances where the screen is unresponsive and it seems that the phone and data connection are more stable too!
Hrm. I know HD2 folk ran into some SERIOUS issues with different radio versions when they went NAND, and basically flashing a specific radio was part of flashing the ROM instructions.

For CDMA, perhaps this is necessary (this will be fun to troubleshoot for GSM...) So to all those having weird stupid issues with screen wakes, or really anything that hasn't already been confirmed as a bug - update to the 2.37 VZ radio, DO EEEEEET NOW!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Nice work, I try upgrade ppp to version 2.4.5, ppp version is too old, maybe related with phone reboot,freeze
(I disable data connection, phone will reboot or freeze)
EDIT: new version not help me fix issue

Use command ‘busybox ifconfig -a’ , will see an eth call dummy0

Now I wrote a script to start pppd
i haven't released it yet.. lol. You will know when its out since it will support the other rhods (dunno about 100 tho. poor bastards).
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm. I know HD2 folk ran into some SERIOUS issues with different radio versions when they went NAND, and basically flashing a specific radio was part of flashing the ROM instructions.

For CDMA, perhaps this is necessary (this will be fun to troubleshoot for GSM...) So to all those having weird stupid issues with screen wakes, or really anything that hasn't already been confirmed as a bug - update to the 2.37 VZ radio, DO EEEEEET NOW!!!
i seem to be still having these weird screen issues. they didnt happen for the first 6 hours that i had the radio updated and then they came back today four times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development