PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:
  • New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
  • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
  • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
  • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
  • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
  • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
  • Few Easter egg apk's...
  • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-25-2012 at 11:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TESTING] New Acoustic GB 2.3.7 Build

Caveat List
  • CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
  • BT might still be flaky
  • The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
Please post back any issues, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip AcousticRHOD400CSV's.zip (36.8 KB, 275 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-26-2012 at 12:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

GBX0C Changelog
  • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
  • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
  • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
  • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
  • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
  • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
  • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-26-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just to get people going on some of the newer kernels.

2.6.35 is currently auto-built at:

https://code.google.com/p/zimages/downloads/list

Emwe has been maintaining this tree, and he is most qualified to speak about it, but pretty much everything is functional barring camera.

.39+ kernels are auto-built at:

Htc-Msm-Kernel-Autobuild

Everything should work on these as well except: no proximity for gsm rhods, no 3.5mm. Only 3.0 has BT for now. These three are very similar to each other.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I noticed I had 1 more .csv file than you did... but I also used a patch in WM to make things louder so I'm guessing it's from that

I attached that 1 file just incase you want to look at it
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioPara3_ATTMax.zip (8.6 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I noticed I had 1 more .csv file than you did... but I also used a patch in WM to make things louder so I'm guessing it's from that

I attached that 1 file just incase you want to look at it
Looks like some carrier-specific one for GSM devices .

GSM phones have a couple extra's I've seen, one for TMO and one for ATT...
Old 12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

but I'm on sprint's tp2 lol...

Anyways reporting that copying frx07.1's data.img over and using it with this one works flawlessly. Audio on phone call works well too. Still not as loud as in WM but a lot louder than on frx07.

I'll stick with this build from now on, so far for the past 10 minutes, haven't found a problem yet. Any news on how GB differs from Froyo? I don't keep up with changes lol

edit: saw on lock screen, at top it says T-CDMA 64 instead of the old XAndroid

edit: found out the market/youtube apps aren't showing up, but it's likely because I copied the data.img over. I'm remaking it and i'll try again

edit: while im remaking data.img and testing this more, any word on if this would work on froyo? I mean the audio patch and csv thing. Like if i replaced gb files with froyo files

Last edited by EyeB; 12-31-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
but I'm on sprint's tp2 lol...

Anyways reporting that copying frx07.1's data.img over and using it with this one works flawlessly. Audio on phone call works well too. Still not as loud as in WM but a lot louder than on frx07.

I'll stick with this build from now on, so far for the past 10 minutes, haven't found a problem yet. Any news on how GB differs from Froyo? I don't keep up with changes lol

edit: saw on lock screen, at top it says T-CDMA 64 instead of the old XAndroid

edit: found out the market/youtube apps aren't showing up, but it's likely because I copied the data.img over. I'm remaking it and i'll try again

edit: while im remaking data.img and testing this more, any word on if this would work on froyo? I mean the audio patch and csv thing. Like if i replaced gb files with froyo files
I... don't even know where to begin with this. Perhaps disregard any thread that says TESTING in the future.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

i know it's testing lol, i just got a little excited lol

Anyways I'll use this over weekend and report other changes/problems I get
Old 01-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

update, noticed that the roaming indicator (the triangle) is on even though i disabled data roaming under network settings.

pretty sure I saw this in the froyo build too, but since I've switched over to this I haven't checked over there :S

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development