PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
Ya I thought it was weird. Wiping everything and re-flashing OMGB from recovery seems to have fixed everything. I didn't have to reflash recovery first either.
Yeah there is a file /data/ts-calibration that is saved in data that holds the values. Now if you wipe this file, next time you boot it will be recreated with defaults so next time just wipe that bad boy and u will be fine.

However now you see my reason why we need a calib app so bad. I was looking at the ones arrggg posted but so far no winners. Worse case i wonder if i can extend my recovery to use the old calib app. This however would never make it to cwm :-\
Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

trevoroni is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Yeah there is a file /data/ts-calibration that is saved in data that holds the values. Now if you wipe this file, next time you boot it will be recreated with defaults so next time just wipe that bad boy and u will be fine.

However now you see my reason why we need a calib app so bad. I was looking at the ones arrggg posted but so far no winners. Worse case i wonder if i can extend my recovery to use the old calib app. This however would never make it to cwm :-\
I was wondering if this file existed like it did in the SD card builds. Thanks for the tip, hopefully there won't be a next time but if there is I'll try that first.

I did a little looking into a calibration app this morning and there aren't many resistive touchscreen Android phones out there, and if they are the screen resolution is really low. I think we might have better luck looking for something for one of those cheap Android no name tablets.

I found this for a Pandigital Planet, it has a resistive 800x600 screen so it might be help.
Touchscreen Calibration -- NEED TESTERS!! - SlateDroid.com
I'd test it for our phone right now but I'm at work.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Do the keyboard lights work though? I know it says button lights work based on light sensor but does that include keyboard too?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
I was wondering if this file existed like it did in the SD card builds. Thanks for the tip, hopefully there won't be a next time but if there is I'll try that first.

I did a little looking into a calibration app this morning and there aren't many resistive touchscreen Android phones out there, and if they are the screen resolution is really low. I think we might have better luck looking for something for one of those cheap Android no name tablets.

I found this for a Pandigital Planet, it has a resistive 800x600 screen so it might be help.
Touchscreen Calibration -- NEED TESTERS!! - SlateDroid.com
I'd test it for our phone right now but I'm at work.
Originally i wanted to remove it but i doubt anyone will want to flash back to winmo to recalib. So that file is something we can write to so our settings load at all times. And if it gets corrupt, just relaib or wipe data.

Wish android had a default ts calib app

anyways i was tempted to upload the latest omgb but i just got the gsm phone so i'll wait until the weekend to include whatever code we have for gps.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
Do the keyboard lights work though? I know it says button lights work based on light sensor but does that include keyboard too?
Keyboard lights work fine.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

i seem to be stuck with the same problem starfox was having with getting Windows to recognize the phone after flashing RHODIMG.nbh. it can not find the right driver. can some point me to where i can find it?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
i seem to be stuck with the same problem starfox was having with getting Windows to recognize the phone after flashing RHODIMG.nbh. it can not find the right driver. can some point me to where i can find it?
do a search online how to get fastbot wring on windows. I'm on linux so I have no idea about no drivers

Also read the nand how to on the project page. It updated it today and it my help you.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I had the same problem Ill write a quick guide to get you guys going.

Sent from my ACL powered TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Step 2 of the install it says to put the recovery.img in the Fastboot folder.

Is this a folder I create on the sdcard? my pc?

thanks,
dave
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
Step 2 of the install it says to put the recovery.img in the Fastboot folder.

Is this a folder I create on the sdcard? my pc?

thanks,
dave
PC.....

Edit - you're proving my point I just made in the other thread. This is for testing, it's not ready for end-users.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-10-2011 at 08:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development