PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DEV] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - CDMA ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Thanks dude.

I flashed the new NBH, flashed recovery... but I can't boot into recovery. At all. I can get LK to detect button presses (says POWER BUTTON PRESSED) and it starts going thru the normal process - I see 'booting linux' and the cmdline passed... however, normally I'd get a double vibe, the tux symbol, then CWM. I don't get this at all! I just get a blank screen, a single vibe, then the HTC logo. So it just keeps rebooting :/.

I'm wondering if it's the new version of recovery you rolled for me when I killed my batts. Do you have the old recovery kicking around? My dumbass just deleted it, thinking newer=better .

That's the only thing I can assume is wrong, the new version of recovery. If not... well I guess I have a hardware problem then. I'll go try this on my tester RHOD now, in an attempt to rule out bad hw.
lol, yes newer is better at this point. The old one had a nasty bug for charging and this one should melt ur battery because it wont stop charging.. so ill keep this around until it gets more love.

Also i completely forgot to mention i put up a new LK (sorry). Messing with the buttons a little more and i put one up so give it a try.

Quote:
Edit - couple of things. My tester RHOD is seemingly dead. Won't go past the HTC logo screen with any ROM - LK or WinMo. It charges batteries, so I guess it still does its job lol.

As for my main device - pulling the SIM seemed to resolve it. I keep forgetting I put that SIM in there, and pulling it allowed me to boot to recovery. Not sure if that was it or not, but I haven't been able to boot recovery otherwise!!

Edit 2 - New in-call screen is perfect bro. Kudos!
No prob. thanks for helping out there. THere may even be more hidden gems we can enable. The tether stuff is all kernel and i'll either have to upload one when its done.

Quote:
Edit 3 - I can't win. GMail seems to be a bust - but I am restoring data from an old setup. I might try w/o that... Yes, I flashed gapps. At first I flashed gapps, then did a data restore. There was no GMail app, and so I downloaded it from the Market - but it didn't show up in Accounts & Sync. So I go reflash gapps, still not thar... Perhaps I'll have to ditch my data restore and just use TB. The data restore is sweeeet tho .

Edit 4 - Seems both issues are fixed with calls dude - I will do some extensive testing, but preliminary testing the phone wakes up better for incoming calls (still not stellar, but at least functional) and it's waking from sleep on long calls just as expected! Need to try a really long call, but I was just playing around and it was going to sleep quickly when in-call, and waking up pretty quickly when I pulled my finger away from the screen. So far - awesome, awesome, awesome!!
Gapps from cyano is really small. I just copied and uploaded but there is no bennefit since it also suffers from the same language bug. This is know on cyano so i dont plan to solve it until then do :-p. So use the old GAPPS.zip i have since it should include everything

also cam is showing signs of life but still unstable, so avoid it at all costs for now.

Edit: oops i didnt realize u already used the new LK. hmm.. ur bug puzzles me. ill test with a sim

Edit2: also this isnt cwm.. I dont want to confuse people but this is based off aosp recovery. cwm will come with cm7

Last edited by [ACL]; 10-30-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

when charge with USB, after serveral minutes, press power key, fail wake still...crazy for this problem...

Quote:
D/KeyguardViewMediator( 121): wakeWhenReadyLocked(26)
I/power ( 121): *** set_screen_state 1
D/SurfaceFlinger( 121): Screen about to return, flinger = 0x11b458
D/Sensors ( 121): LightSensor: value received (-1)
D/Sensors ( 121): LightSensor: value received (0)
W/SharedBufferStack( 174): waitForCondition(LockCondition) timed out (identity=3, status=0). CPU ma
y be pegged. trying again.
W/SharedBufferStack( 174): waitForCondition(LockCondition) timed out (identity=3, status=0). CPU ma
pppd not work this version
Quote:
I/TelephonyRegistry( 121): notifyDataConnection: state=1 isDataConnectivityPossible=true reason=apn
Switched interfaceName=null networkType=5
D/pppd ( 778): using channel 7
I/pppd ( 778): Using interface ppp0
I/pppd ( 778): Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/smd1
W/pppd ( 778): Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access
D/Tethering( 121): ppp0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring
D/pppd ( 778): No auth is possible
E/pppd ( 778): Could not determine local IP address
I/pppd ( 778): Connect time 0.0 minutes.
I/pppd ( 778): Sent 87 bytes, received 60 bytes.
I/pppd ( 778): LCP terminated by peer
I/pppd ( 778): Connection terminated.
E/Tethering( 121): attempting to remove unknown iface (ppp0), ignoring
D/pppd ( 778): using channel 8
I/pppd ( 778): Using interface ppp0
I/pppd ( 778): Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/smd1
W/pppd ( 778): Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access
W/pppd ( 778): tcflush failed: Bad file number
D/Tethering( 121): ppp0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring
E/Tethering( 121): attempting to remove unknown iface (ppp0), ignoring
D/dalvikvm( 228): GC_EXPLICIT freed 15K, 49% free 3040K/5959K, external 971K/1483K, paused 120ms
D/GsmUmtsOptions( 193): preferenceTreeClick: return false
D/NetworkSettings( 193): onPreferenceTreeClick: preference == mButtonDataEnabled.

Last edited by muziling; 10-30-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
when charge with USB, after serveral minutes, press power key, fail wake still...crazy for this problem...

pppd not work this version
i'm gonna ignore you from now on

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i'm gonna ignore you from now on

Whatever, thanks for your work, this is not for me, I will use xda build and consider buy an new phone.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

and for the first time the tp2 takes a picture of my galaxyS. lol

the built in Wifi tether is working but with a nasty crash at the end. Not sure if market tether apps have the same issue.

Camera showing signs of life but it's so slow. However at least there wont be cam crashes anymore.

modules were added for droid wall and all those poop apps. I havent tested yet tho..

What i still need is a way to calibrate the screen. I dont want to resort to hacking the htccalibrate.apk, so anyone know of an app or source we can just butcher? i dont want to spend time writing an app like that.

I'll hopefully upload tonight.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
and for the first time the tp2 takes a picture of my galaxyS. lol

the built in Wifi tether is working but with a nasty crash at the end. Not sure if market tether apps have the same issue.

Camera showing signs of life but it's so slow. However at least there wont be cam crashes anymore.

modules were added for droid wall and all those poop apps. I havent tested yet tho..

What i still need is a way to calibrate the screen. I dont want to resort to hacking the htccalibrate.apk, so anyone know of an app or source we can just butcher? i dont want to spend time writing an app like that.

I'll hopefully upload tonight.
Sweet, thanks dude!

I searched around, and as we all know there aren't many native Android devices with resistive screens.

Calib app for some "vega clone"

Evidently the LG GW620 has a built-in way to calibrate...

I'll keep looking. Do you have any preference as to which device the calib stuff comes from...?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

cant wait
Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sweet, thanks dude!

I searched around, and as we all know there aren't many native Android devices with resistive screens.

Calib app for some "vega clone"

Evidently the LG GW620 has a built-in way to calibrate...

I'll keep looking. Do you have any preference as to which device the calib stuff comes from...?
i guess we need to test these bad boys.. as long as it supports our panel size. Thats the issue with the htc one. made for the small screens.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i uploaded the last omgb this morning. I havent tested it yet since i'm on a time crunch.

known issues i know of

1 ) cam does not save pics and crashes.
2 ) built in wifi tether crashes but need to test market apps see if they suffer the same issue.

Fixes:

1) Light sensor warm up time was reduced from 1 second to 350ms.
2) netfilter kern modules are enabled for tethering.

unless there is something major broken, i dont think i'll release another full for a while. I realize camera is a party pooper but this may just require some file changes since all of this stuff is really propieraty libs and not code we write. Kernel will continue to be updated however.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
i uploaded the last omgb this morning. I havent tested it yet since i'm on a time crunch.
Going to try with a fresh data partition, but I couldn't get 3g data to work at all. I'd get the 3G symbol in the noti bar, and getprop showed I had an IP and DNS... but the bar didn't go green, and no app could connect to the net. Very odd. Will report back...

Edit - wiped data partition, reflashed, data works fine now. Hum. Will try restoring my data, might've been a fluke.

Cam does work tho! Sa-weet! I noticed the electron beam worked for the first boot after a fresh data wipe, but never again. Sad.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-03-2011 at 04:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development