PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boneskid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

alright so i got the phone activated but now i am unable to download mms/picture mail.
i di try to set up a apn but every time i try to save the apn it disappears and i still can't download the pic.

if there is no fix it is not terribly a big deal, i will be upgrading my phone in a few days but my siblings will be getting a touch pro and they would like the mms option to be available.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
alright so i got the phone activated but now i am unable to download mms/picture mail.
i di try to set up a apn but every time i try to save the apn it disappears and i still can't download the pic.

if there is no fix it is not terribly a big deal, i will be upgrading my phone in a few days but my siblings will be getting a touch pro and they would like the mms option to be available.
The original Touch Pro doesn't run Android nearly as well as the Touch Pro2 does, just FYI.

Also, for the APN - as far as I know, so long as you are populating the correct settings it should "just work".

Note - MMS probably won't work over wifi, so that's something you might want to be wary of as well.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boneskid1 is a n00b

i call the tp2 touch pro as a generalization and the link you left won't load but i will try again here in a sec. if they are the same values as these http://xdandroid.com/wiki/MMS that are for sprint they dont seem to save and i have tried rebooting and clearing data already.
Thanks,
Boneskid1

EDIT: just went to go check again and the settings saved but they are wrong so i will correct them and come back with results.

EDIT/2: i changed the values and saved it and it disappeared again.

Last edited by boneskid1; 09-03-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Angry Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
i call the tp2 touch pro as a generalization and the link you left won't load but i will try again here in a sec. if they are the same values as these http://xdandroid.com/wiki/MMS that are for sprint they dont seem to save and i have tried rebooting and clearing data already.
Thanks,
Boneskid1

EDIT: just went to go check again and the settings saved but they are wrong so i will correct them and come back with results.

EDIT/2: i changed the values and saved it and it disappeared again.
If the values are correct, they will save. If they are not correct, they will disappear.

That wiki page is correct (my link had a typo in it), but it's for the SD builds. Perhaps the MMS values are different for NAND, as the RIL is different... I can't remember right now.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

if i could get some help, it'd be great

I seem to be having problems flashing the RHODIMG.nhb from both usb and sd card. It seems to install, it hits 100% but on reboot it acts like nothing got flashed and sets in the serial/usb tri-color screen waiting for something to be flashed

edit: sorry if this is found somewhere but i couldnt find it anywhere :S closest seems to be a hspl but i thought i had that already since i can flash wm roms.

edit: bit more info on flashing the nbh file, it says it is corrupt and couldn't update

edit: Got it, just pointing out incase you hadn't noticed, but the nbh file on the download link is 185kb, the one that worked for me i found later on in thread was a little over 3mb, not sure if something changed for it to be so small now but it works and I'm happy

edit: i know you said its better to use verizon radio, i'd like to stick with sprints for time being, but because of slow speeds is there a way for me to provision/update prl/profile on android side?

Last edited by EyeB; 10-20-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
if i could get some help, it'd be great

I seem to be having problems flashing the RHODIMG.nhb from both usb and sd card. It seems to install, it hits 100% but on reboot it acts like nothing got flashed and sets in the serial/usb tri-color screen waiting for something to be flashed

edit: sorry if this is found somewhere but i couldnt find it anywhere :S closest seems to be a hspl but i thought i had that already since i can flash wm roms.

edit: bit more info on flashing the nbh file, it says it is corrupt and couldn't update

edit: Got it, just pointing out incase you hadn't noticed, but the nbh file on the download link is 185kb, the one that worked for me i found later on in thread was a little over 3mb, not sure if something changed for it to be so small now but it works and I'm happy

edit: i know you said its better to use verizon radio, i'd like to stick with sprints for time being, but because of slow speeds is there a way for me to provision/update prl/profile on android side?
Holy crap. So you got it flashed? I was able to flash with the 185kb RHODIMG.nbh. Note, you HAVE TO flash via SD. I'm pretty sure that is spelled out in the directions...

https://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list

That's the files you want to grab. The latest CWM and the RHODIMG.nbh.

It seems like you managed to get Android installed? Your post is kinda confusing. I don't see why a VZ radio would cause "slow speeds"... You're connected to the same towers? Perhaps you don't quite understand what flashing a VZ radio means - it's just newer radio firmware, so it really has nothing to do with carriers per se. You could be on USCC or MetroPCS and running the VZ radio... Hell you could use the phone in Europe on the VZ radio.

I don't think you can do any provisioning/PRL updating/etc from Android. Do that all in WinMo, then flash Android... I've always recommended that the phone be fully functional in WinMo before you even attempt flashing Android.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I always thought that flashing radio required the security switch turned off, i haven't paid for that yet so I've stayed away from flashing radios

I was able to flash the 185kb nbh after using the 3mb nbh. I don't know why but I needed to. But I was able to flash via USB as well, not just sd card. I think my problem first with sd card flashing was i needed to reformat it, it worked after i did this.

The newest CWM seems to not work for me however, I got it flashed but when I go to recovery, it doesn't let me select anything, I'm not sure if the end call key is still enter but I could move selection up/down with volumn but it couldn't select anything to perform an action

I had the phone working with WM before doing thing, the slow speeds was just sprint >.>

Any ideas how to get gps lock faster? Even using the gps status app to download the agps data it still took about 2-3 minutes for a lock, on your sd card android it locked a bit faster, in like 30-60 seconds. I did use the gps patch on first post

edit: at first I did try the usb flashing since the readme said to "Flash the new NBH, LK will load (USB must be plugged in prior to starting)" so I saw the usb part and assumed it meant flash via usb

Last edited by EyeB; 10-22-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I always thought that flashing radio required the security switch turned off, i haven't paid for that yet so I've stayed away from flashing radios
I have no clue what you're talking about. To flash a radio is just like flashing a ROM - if you've done hSPL, which obviously you've turned that 'security switch' off... then you can flash a radio.

Now if you mean unlocking the SIM slot so you can flash an unlocked radio, that's different and yes you still have to pay for that I believe. Again, don't mix that up with simply flashing the VZ radio - those are very different things.

Quote:
The newest CWM seems to not work for me however, I got it flashed but when I go to recovery, it doesn't let me select anything, I'm not sure if the end call key is still enter but I could move selection up/down with volumn but it couldn't select anything to perform an action
End call should be enter (assuming I recall correctly, it's been a while). You should be able to use the enter key on the actual keyboard...

Quote:
Any ideas how to get gps lock faster? Even using the gps status app to download the agps data it still took about 2-3 minutes for a lock, on your sd card android it locked a bit faster, in like 30-60 seconds. I did use the gps patch on first post
*facepalm*... Does this mean you got past CWM? I can only assume so... oy ve.

GPS is GPS. It doesn't lock well indoors - but on my RHOD400 GPS locks in seconds - less than 10 usually. Make sure you have a clear view of the sky, and perhaps try the Leo injector app thing on detule's GPS testing thread.

Quote:
edit: at first I did try the usb flashing since the readme said to "Flash the new NBH, LK will load (USB must be plugged in prior to starting)" so I saw the usb part and assumed it meant flash via usb
You read directions so well
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: Telekom Serbia

jevtabg is a n00b

I dont understand nothing now.
No step by step tutorial at all.
I have HTC touch pro 2 , Energy rom installed.
Tried FRX07.1 running from SD and GBX from SD and lot of things didnt work.Now i read 2 days already how to flash NAND and no luck.In first post says it's simple well it is not.

Prerequisites

1. Make sure you have a charged battery (at least 70% in WinMo)!!!
  2. Must already have ADB working (Make sure you have all the drivers installed).
  3. Must have Fastboot working (related to ADB...)
  4. Be able to accurately report issues!!!
  5. Must have some knowledge on how to flash images!!! (using recovery)

1 OK
2 I downloaded ADB is that all ?
3 What is fastboot and how to check is it working
I have expirience in flashing win mo roms , tried android earlier but gave up

1. Place the all zip files on your SDCARD
  2. Place the recovery.img in your Fastboot folder
  3. Flash the new NBH, LK will load (USB must be plugged in prior to starting)
  4. Open a CMD window and cd to your Fastboot folder
  5. Erase everything to start out fresh... (Not necessary if you performed a Task29)
1 ok
2 Where is that folder ?
3 how to flash ??
etc

Is there any step by step guide how to flash HTC touch pro 2.

Thank you !!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevtabg View Post
I dont understand nothing now.
No step by step tutorial at all.

Is there any step by step guide how to flash HTC touch pro 2.
OMGB is old... you should try a more updated build.

Also a really great how-to was recently posted to xda-devs for flashing NAND.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development