PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
yay
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 1 and 2
Carrier: sprint

yay is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yea, this isn't really development related.

Why don't you just try it? Activate the phone, and see if it works. If you have issues, it is likely that you'll have to reflash WinMo, provision, and flash back to LK/OMGB.

Yup just tried it, no dice. No phone or data. I was thinking of letting my friend try it out for a few days before I flash his personal phone but I guess he'll just have to dive right in if he wants to give it a shot. He really likes the sd card builds but seems to have a lot of reboot issues. It always resets and defaults back to Windows Mobile. I figured if I let him try this build first he might want to run it permanently. Oh well.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
Hi guys, sorry to ask this question in a development thread but I been messing with this build for the last week or so and have it installed on my unactivated phone. My question is if I wanted to reactivate the phone on sprint service, is it as simple going online and reactivating the device? Will phone and data work? Or do I have have to go back to WM and reactivate through there and then reinstall OMGB to get service back on the phone?

Thanks.
I have always had to install WM on the phone to get the data to work. I have not been able to find a way to update the data profile with these android builds. The Home > Menu > Settings > System Updates > Update Profile option seems to be missing or unsupported. Some WM roms have this issue too, but if you load stock you can get it done.

Last edited by wizardknight; 05-16-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
Yup just tried it, no dice. No phone or data. I was thinking of letting my friend try it out for a few days before I flash his personal phone but I guess he'll just have to dive right in if he wants to give it a shot. He really likes the sd card builds but seems to have a lot of reboot issues. It always resets and defaults back to Windows Mobile. I figured if I let him try this build first he might want to run it permanently. Oh well.
Random reboot issues could mean almost anything, have him post in the build thread.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Movilnet

kelvinma is a n00b

This update of the ROM is very good much faster and stable very good reading of the battery. but the audio is usually very short would say extremely low.

EDIT: only ringing tone and red button to hang up the call, not shuts down the screen so you do not configure it to do so only those details the rest is excellent. with the theme chooser will add the ICS and is much more fluid than it has by default really is amazing as with the Samsung TouchWiz to turn off the screen as it resolved to call off a screen apk-2 sleep

Last edited by kelvinma; 05-17-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I made a updated zip for the gps using the one posted on the first page and pulling the gps file from the GBX0* test which I think uses files from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...a-support.html, and it seems to work well.

Also I found that if you move the phone.apk from that build, and inject it into this one you get the ability to force roaming.

Would I be stepping on any toes if I posted those here for others? I know it is across roms so I was not sure of the politics of that.
No, in the beginning we didnt want this because of we were developing. So obviously no one would want to contaminate the precious logs with something unrelated. So I think now its safe to let the community run wild since unless its something major, i really wont release another omgb. Also in order to carry the Label OMGB i tried to stick as close as possible to the original source and give respects to the omgb team.

So go on and share your stuff, but remember this can have negative results. If you start causing crashes .lol people tend to get pissed.. good luck dood.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
No, in the beginning we didnt want this because of we were developing. So obviously no one would want to contaminate the precious logs with something unrelated. So I think now its safe to let the community run wild since unless its something major, i really wont release another omgb. Also in order to carry the Label OMGB i tried to stick as close as possible to the original source and give respects to the omgb team.

So go on and share your stuff, but remember this can have negative results. If you start causing crashes .lol people tend to get pissed.. good luck dood.
Fair enough. Don't want to piss people off.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhod 300
Carrier: AT&T

Nighthawk243 is a n00b

Quote:
It comes with the territory of development. Can't make everyone happy.

I knwo this, so if something breaks, I just revert or find a work around.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

great work guys... nice to see theres still work going on here...

I was afraid the dev's phones would break or they would stop working on LK/ROM/KERNEL and move on

gratz on work again guys, nice to see "fully working" in many spaces

In my sarcastic thoughts I had a CM7 TIP running on TP2 LOL moment... it would replace my HD2 due to its awesome keypad lol!

EDIT:ACL: not releasing another OMGB rom, so is this the end of the road for your TP2 development? or are you going to continue on and branch into your own build/version/source?

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-21-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
It comes with the territory of development. Can't make everyone happy.

I knwo this, so if something breaks, I just revert or find a work around.

Here they are because you asked. I make no promises that they will not cause your phone to explode, breath fire, or cause you to like county music.

I suggest that you reboot the phone after you use adb to push the other phone.apk to you system. If you just overwrite the file you will be ok. Deleting phone.apk seems to upset android a lot so I wouldn't.

If it doesn't work, I am sorry for you. These are out here just because they can be. No support is being offered or implied.

If you want to try to do this yourself. The files were pulled from [ROM][NAND] GBX0* + 3.3.x kernel - xda-developers this build.
You can just copy the phone.apk directly across.
You will need to rename and copy /system/lib/hw/gps.xdandroid.so from the other build to /system/lib/hw/gps.rhodium.so on this one.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Phone.apk (2.23 MB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip OMGB_gps_update.zip (168.9 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post

EDIT:ACL: not releasing another OMGB rom, so is this the end of the road for your TP2 development? or are you going to continue on and branch into your own build/version/source?
Not at all. My final goal was to reverse the batt and i was able to do it. Now i can take a break and let other talent take the code and venture into new builds. Thats the beauty of open source ... ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development