PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

htrakr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post

The wifi turn off when the screen turn off why? this is a big problem in android roms
In case you havent already fixed it the option is under settings>wireless>wifi>advanced>sleep policy (I have mine on never when plugged in)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
nothing stands out. Log is clean and panics dont cause reboots so this may have been a userland crash.

After the crash, how much is the batt level when it comes back up? Since android automatically shuts off when level reaches 0, i'm wondering perhaps if we are dipping into 0 and not realizing it.
After the restart, battery level is almost the same as before rebooting (+ -2%)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Hi all, I'm sending recapitulation of the first two days with the new kernel.
I have to say in advance:
- My battery is 2 months old
- Before fitting the new kernel I installed the android from scratch (Task 29, ...), because before that I was on WinMo.
- Setting android is as follows: data enabled, autosynchronization enabled, background data enabled, the tower positioning enabled, GPS disabled, BT disabled, wifi disabled, I use Zeam launcher, on home screen Fancy widget with auto update weather every 2 hours and bussines calendar widget.
The first day I had 26 minutes of voice call, the next day even 38 minutes of voice calls. Any mail and SMS. So standard using.
The first day I ended with 28% battery remaining after 17 hours, now it's not the end of the day, but it's already 14 hours since disconnected from charger and I still have 40% battery remaining.
Between first and second day at night the phone was connected to a charger, the charge level in the morning was 100%.
I do not know whether this is possible, but it has improved me switch between 3G and 2G networks. I work in the city where is the 3G network and when I got home with only 2G network, my phone still indicated 3G. Now the phone is on the way home automatically switches and indicating the correct network type.
Unfortunately, I have occasional spontaneous reboots, approximately 2 - 5 times a day.
These results I consider it very good, because the phone now works approximately 3 times longer than with the old battery driver.
So I think that you took a very, very good direction of the battery driver. You deserve many thanks, ACL. You are very clever. Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
+1. Same here.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
I completely forgot to test this on a gsm device. I'll try tonight and see if i can get some crashes. I dont have service so right away my tests arent very accurate.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 R500
Carrier: Movilnet

imohtep is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by htrakr View Post
In case you havent already fixed it the option is under settings>wireless>wifi>advanced>sleep policy (I have mine on never when plugged in)
is logic my friend, i set this option in the begining, this option doesn't work for me, for this reason i put this comment here
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
N00b

imohtep is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Spanish? Get MoreLocale2 if your language isn't included... I thought Spanish was included tho? Not sure, never looked.
Sorry my friend, this app (MoreLocale2) only traslate some things, but other rom options desapear if i use this app,I thought everything about the language had something to do with the gapps, but i think i was wrong

Here in Venezuela we are many users who are pending the great work you have done to make it more useful life for our HTC TP2, really thank you very much
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry my friend, this app (MoreLocale2) only traslate some things, but other rom options desapear if i use this app,I thought everything about the language had something to do with the gapps, but i think i was wrong

Here in Venezuela we are many users who are pending the great work you have done to make it more useful life for our HTC TP2, really thank you very much
lol, we do our best for all 2 of you Venezuelan's.

Well, everywhere I've seen people say MoreLocale2 and it fixes the issues. Not sure what else to say, unless the ROM were to become more bloated y'know? Stripping extraneous things is nice because it makes everything faster, gives more space, etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:01 PM
N00b

imohtep is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
No idea dood. Remember i'm not the author of the Rom, I simply wrote the HAL libs so we can use the rom with our kernel.

I'm not sure what else we can do to improve batt life. I studied the battery algos from winmo and replicated them close to perfection, not sure what else to do now ..

Also for those of you who want more info on how the batt is being wasted, if you go to settings > battery usage and click on the top graph, you will see the discharge of the batt relative to phone signal/sleep/screen.

Also spare parts has the actual mV display which will show you how much juice your batt actually has without any corrections.

I have few if any improvements to make on the driver.. I know we have a few kernel folk here who love to roll their own. They are welcomed to change some of the values on the driver. I left some instructions on

arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/htc_battery_rhodium.h - linux-msm-rhod-nand in Linux on Qualcomm's MSM - Gitorious

Ok I understand, I wish I had more programming knowledge to help you, I know it's hard but I'm very aware that there have been major advances with this roms, for now I'm very happy that I have not had "SOD" in two days and I have updated my radio to version 2.37 (user "CDMA"), I hope that the advances keep coming, again thank you very much ..!

Note: A last question, why in this rom OperaMini doesn't connect?? i use a lot of this explorer and exist anyway for level up the volume for ringtones and notificactions sounds?

Last edited by imohtep; 04-17-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Ok I understand, I wish I had more programming knowledge to help you, I know it's hard but I'm very aware that there have been major advances with this roms, for now I'm very happy that I have not had "SOD" in two days and I have updated my radio to version 2.37 (user "CDMA"), I hope that the advances keep coming, again thank you very much ..!

Note: A last question, why in this rom OperaMini doesn't connect?? i use a lot of this explorer and exist anyway for level up the volume for ringtones and notificactions sounds?
hmm not sure about the volume and ringtone. but we are a lil outdated in terms of libs. Detule has done some work since our last release i probably need to bundle in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development