PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htrakr View Post
What is the pattern of SODs everyone is seeing. For me it occurred in bunches and then it was fine for hours (why I thought at first I was doing something wrong as I was tweaking different things).
Same here. A series of reboots and then fine for hours. My phone has been running 4 hours without a reboot or lockup.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

I think that despite the instability is visible progress. I left everything on (tower positioning, the data in the background, auto synchronization, automatic weather update every 2 hours) and now it is 10 hours disconnected from the charger and I still have 48% of battery life remaining. I have only problem is that when charging via USB and via 230V charger orange LED is off. Likewise in achieving the full level of charge LED does not light green. Discharge seems to be much more linear and the battery meter does not jump back and forth as before. Great job for this moment, ACL, please continue ...
Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Last night I left my phone to discharge completely and started charging with the phone off. This morning I disconnected (green led), booted into recovery, erased battery stats and rebooted again. My battery charge was 88%. Is that normal?

Between 6:20 a.m. and 7:12 am charge has dropped 8%, phone completely idle.

I'm posting logs hoping that you can find the source of the battery drain.

Update: I connected via USB to transfer the logs to the computer. I look at my battery meter and noticed that it jumped form 80% to 98% and it's been charging for about 10 minutes.

Update 2: 5 minutes have passed and it dropped down to 82%.
Thats crazy fluctuations. The logs dont have much but i'll have to release a new kernel with more debugging output. This is one big problem i notice when trying to charge the battery to full capacity.

After a reboot i usually get back to 95% or so. But 88% probably means that your phone may have already been discharging once it reached to 100%. Thats one problem i have now is how do i maintain a 100% charge ? Theoretically its impossible because as soon as the charger disconnects, you are already under 100% because the discharge rate is high and starts chewing away at the battery. Ill keep working on it tho.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
I think that despite the instability is visible progress. I left everything on (tower positioning, the data in the background, auto synchronization, automatic weather update every 2 hours) and now it is 10 hours disconnected from the charger and I still have 48% of battery life remaining. I have only problem is that when charging via USB and via 230V charger orange LED is off. Likewise in achieving the full level of charge LED does not light green. Discharge seems to be much more linear and the battery meter does not jump back and forth as before. Great job for this moment, ACL, please continue ...
Since LEDs are no longer handled by kernel, then we need to look into userland and how the leds are managed for charging. I notice orage LEDs when charging and once its done it goes black. I never really get green unless there is a notification like text or an email. Not sure how this is supposed to work. Did you enable the charge LED in the system settings ?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Same here. A series of reboots and then fine for hours. My phone has been running 4 hours without a reboot or lockup.
I would have several SoD in a few hours and then be fine for half the day too.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Since LEDs are no longer handled by kernel, then we need to look into userland and how the leds are managed for charging. I notice orage LEDs when charging and once its done it goes black. I never really get green unless there is a notification like text or an email. Not sure how this is supposed to work. Did you enable the charge LED in the system settings ?
Per sprint LEDs should do:
9. Notification LED. This LED shows the following:
* Flashing green light when there are new text, picture, video, or email messages, missed calls, or reminders.

* Solid green light when the device is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.

* Solid amber light when the battery is being charged. Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10%.

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...ch_pro2_ug.pdf
Old 04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
I think that despite the instability is visible progress. I left everything on (tower positioning, the data in the background, auto synchronization, automatic weather update every 2 hours) and now it is 10 hours disconnected from the charger and I still have 48% of battery life remaining.
That's great mileage! My phone's been running for 6 1/2 hours and I only have 26% left. I'm aware that there are a lot of variables in play here, but you're doing great man!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Per sprint LEDs should do:
9. Notification LED. This LED shows the following:
* Flashing green light when there are new text, picture, video, or email messages, missed calls, or reminders.

* Solid green light when the device is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.

* Solid amber light when the battery is being charged. Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10%.

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...ch_pro2_ug.pdf
But, this is for WinMo. We're not running WinMo .

With that said, AFAIK ACL on SD builds, the LED would go solid green when the battery is over 90%. I think this is a general Android thing, at least I assume because we didn't enable anything special and this is how it was.

Solid green to 100% is from WinMo. Not sure which is best, honestly 100% solid green makes more sense than 90%.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
If you thought setting in Settings - Sound - Charging light, yes, this was on. Now I find that when I uncheck this box and check it again, the charging LED started to work, so everything is alright in this case.
The one question yet - contains my last_kmsg of today some useful information about the phone freezing up?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Another spontaneously reboot, phone was idle on the table in time of reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_kmsg.zip (19.1 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development