PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Sorry for failing so badly. I was looking for something called wiki as you called it that. I will be sure that I am punished appropriately.
lol, no need to feel bad. This stuff is still in testing, and we haven't really made nice & pretty polished instructions. Partly to scare people away that aren't ready (or capable of providing feedback) and partly because we're lazy and don't want to write directions for something that isn't finalized and could change.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just a random observation. I found it nice that my custom boot graphics I whipped up in the WM kitchens were not touched by loading this. Though I will probably have to change the one that says windroid now.
I love using this one as my inital boot screen
http://www.umnet.com/pic/diy/screens...f6ba6-70e7.jpg
Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Just a random observation. I found it nice that my custom boot graphics I whipped up in the WM kitchens were not touched by loading this. Though I will probably have to change the one that says windroid now.
I love using this one as my inital boot screen
http://www.umnet.com/pic/diy/screens...f6ba6-70e7.jpg
There is actually 2 boot screens you can customize. Well not you exactly but in general i mean. We can have a splash on LK. Meaning as soon as the phone boots you can have something ont he screen. Reason i dont have it is because the output of the blue screen is valuable for now.

Second splash is the one android loads before boot animation. Thats the one you see now. Sure not everyone loves my fiery android, but i left it there to remind everyone we are burning this bitch in and no piggy backing of haret. lol.. You can roll your own boot.img with whatever graphic you want. Just research online on how to do it. Problem will be the same as the other cooks have is when i make a change, they have to recreate their boot img. So you will always be playing the catch up game. Is fine once things are more stable .. just keep in mind where this bad boy came from

.. fyi its my bday today and im already drunk .. woohoo..

arrrggg many thanks for answering all the questions. You sir are truly a multitasker.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Half way there then.

Go get laid and call it a well done day.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Happy Birthday! You're the best!

God bless you!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
There is actually 2 boot screens you can customize. Well not you exactly but in general i mean. We can have a splash on LK. Meaning as soon as the phone boots you can have something ont he screen. Reason i dont have it is because the output of the blue screen is valuable for now.

Second splash is the one android loads before boot animation. Thats the one you see now. Sure not everyone loves my fiery android, but i left it there to remind everyone we are burning this bitch in and no piggy backing of haret. lol.. You can roll your own boot.img with whatever graphic you want. Just research online on how to do it. Problem will be the same as the other cooks have is when i make a change, they have to recreate their boot img. So you will always be playing the catch up game. Is fine once things are more stable .. just keep in mind where this bad boy came from

arrrggg many thanks for answering all the questions. You sir are truly a multitasker.
Happy b-day. May you get all your wishes, and may your pants not catch fire.

I was referring to the two graphics that are shown before the minipooploader being left untouched rather than the ones after it. I should have been more specific.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Because I didn't feel like installing everyone of my apk's one at a time I whipped up a little batch file script. I am posting it here incase someone else would like it, and didn't feel like recreating the wheel. It will attempt an adb install of all apk files in a directory. It assumes that you have a path statement pointing to your adb location.
I suspect it may not like non standard characters in the file names.

Just stick this line in your batch file, and run it in the dir that has your apk collection.

code:
for /f %%a IN ('dir /b *.apk') do adb install %%~na%%~xa

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-23-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I think I found a small typo in the NANDHOWTO under the clean install section.

On the line that reads
"Fastboot erase data"
It should be
"Fastboot erase userdata"
Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have been playing with the NAND build all day, and I have found an issue that I was wanting to see if anyone else had noticed.
I use roam control 1.4 to force the phone into roaming mode when I am home due to the very low (but not quite low enough to cause the phone to switch on it's own) signal.
If I don't keep the phone in roam mode I miss calls all the time. :P Sprint service is not so good at my place.

When I use roam control to force roaming the data over wireless stops flowing. I don't get any errors, and everything looks like it is working fine. It's just that the data isn't moving, and things time out.

I had been using this on my SD build mostly without issue (nothing a reboot couldn't fix).
Any thoughts on why the data of the wifi might be affected by the roaming status?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I have been playing with the NAND build all day, and I have found an issue that I was wanting to see if anyone else had noticed.
I use roam control 1.4 to force the phone into roaming mode when I am home due to the very low (but not quite low enough to cause the phone to switch on it's own) signal.
If I don't keep the phone in roam mode I miss calls all the time. :P Sprint service is not so good at my place.

When I use roam control to force roaming the data over wireless stops flowing. I don't get any errors, and everything looks like it is working fine. It's just that the data isn't moving, and things time out.

I had been using this on my SD build mostly without issue (nothing a reboot couldn't fix).
Any thoughts on why the data of the wifi might be affected by the roaming status?
I think I found a work around. If I put the phone in roam mode, then disable the wifi, then re-enable it I am able to get a connection. Very odd. I wonder if somehow the phone thinks that only the roaming data is available when roaming is enabled. Maybe a small glitch in the wifi/cell data drivers?

Well if anyone else has issues with roam control disable and re-enable your wifi connection while roaming, and it should work (well it is for me at the moment).

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-14-2012 at 06:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development