PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipdoozy View Post
Hi [acl], arrrghhh, everyone else who helped,
i was thinking about not installing gapps. what issues would i have skipping on not installing them? i dont care about market. i recently re-flashed rhod 400 and didnt flash gapps. but now i have immediate crashes/reboot in movies and pictures. does lack of gapps cause these problems? ironic i can take pitures with camera app but when i view them.... reboot.
i actually love what you guys do for us and our ancient phones. thank you guys!
I don't know what not flashing GAPPS could cause. How about you flash GAPPS and see if it fixes your issue? Why wouldn't you flash GAPPS, lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post
Ummm ok I see, but the big problem is the SOD in my case happens when i am in my city and supose to be there are good mobile signal, i turn off data when i travel, but in my last test i travel, and turn off data, and SOD attack again :'( in this moment i rollback to winmo :'(
Turn off all radios then, see if that fixes it. It's definitely RIL if so.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi [acl], arrrghhh, everyone else who helped,
i was thinking about not installing gapps. what issues would i have skipping on not installing them? i dont care about market. i recently re-flashed rhod 400 and didnt flash gapps. but now i have immediate crashes/reboot in movies and pictures. does lack of gapps cause these problems? ironic i can take pitures with camera app but when i view them.... reboot.
i actually love what you guys do for us and our ancient phones. thank you guys!
The one really basic thing you can't do without GAPPS is sync contacts to a gmail account.

I'm sure there are (many) others, but that was the one thing that I found when I forgot to install it once.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 R500
Carrier: Movilnet

imohtep is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Turn off all radios then, see if that fixes it. It's definitely RIL if so.
But my friend how can i test the phone if i must turn off all radios? if i do that the phone it's no more a phone, i think so, dont you think? the SOD happens sometimes one or twice by day, i believe its about low levels of signal like you say..
Old 03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post
But my friend how can i test the phone if i must turn off all radios? if i do that the phone it's no more a phone, i think so, dont you think? the SOD happens sometimes one or twice by day, i believe its about low levels of signal like you say..
Yes, the phone will not function as a phone with all radios off. It was a suggestion to rule out the SOD problem...
Old 03-25-2012, 04:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogal/tp1/tp2...

slipdoozy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I don't know what not flashing GAPPS could cause. How about you flash GAPPS and see if it fixes your issue? Why wouldn't you flash GAPPS, lol....
well the reason i dont wanna flash gapps cause it takes up alot of space on our very limited phone. installed its about 30Mb. plus i dont use gmail and voice search and market and much anything else included in gapps. plus i was avoiding having to put any bloatware or "ciq" style apps. but thank you for your input.

Last edited by slipdoozy; 03-25-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
well the reason i dont wanna flash gapps cause it takes up alot of space on our very limited phone. installed its about 30Mb. plus i dont use gmail and voice search and market and much anything else included in gapps. plus i was avoiding having to put any bloatware or "ciq" style apps. but thank you for your input.
My point is it's worth a shot. I doubt gapps includes any CIQ style apps... To each their own, again it was merely advice to rule out some odd behavior. If you don't mind the odd behavior, then sobeit.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

thecensor is a n00b

Hi.

I'd like to install this, I could easily install FRX and GBX but these instructions are too advance for me. Could someone post a more detailed step by step instructions?

Thanks

Last edited by thecensor; 03-27-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
Hi.

I'd like to install this, I could easily install FRX and GBX but these instructions are too advance for me. Could someone post a more detailed step by step instructions?

Thanks
This thread/ROM assumes you know how to use ADB/fastboot. You might familiarize yourself with those before beginning this.

Directions in the first post are valid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]Instructions are simple. Flash RHODIMG.NBH via sdcard, boot with USB plugged in and flash recovery using fastboot (Make sure you can adb/fastboot prior to attempting this). Reboot into recovery and update from sd and select OMGB. Once you are up and running, you can boot back into recovery and install GAPPS. Don't try to install GAPPS at the same time, I find that it causes some crashes if this way is done.
Between those and the 'alternate directions' you should have everything you need.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-27-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

thecensor is a n00b

Quote:
This thread/ROM assumes you know how to use ADB/fastboot. You might familiarize yourself with those before beginning this.

Directions in the first post are valid:

Between those and the 'alternate directions' you should have everything you need.
Great. i also found these instructions:
How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | dotTech
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
lol, that page has absolutely nothing to do with our project, but I'm glad it's helping you...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development