PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

So nice, you must post it twice.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eurohunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just noticed that by updating Google Maps to the latest version (march 9), the screen doesn't go haywire on rotation anymore. As for the Gallery app, we can always find a substitute (I like QuickPic.) This way I guess we can mark Issue 13 as solved.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htrakr is a n00b

Could this be the reason why some people have much better battery life on their phone than others?
Free Apps Drain Smartphone Batteries | TechWeekEurope UK
Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Rogers

rete is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htrakr View Post
Could this be the reason why some people have much better battery life on their phone than others?
Free Apps Drain Smartphone Batteries | TechWeekEurope UK
I guess a general statement like that is a broad brush. If you want to know what is eating battery, install Betterbatterystats.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
I just noticed that by updating Google Maps to the latest version (march 9), the screen doesn't go haywire on rotation anymore. As for the Gallery app, we can always find a substitute (I like QuickPic.) This way I guess we can mark Issue 13 as solved.
There seems to be an OpenGL ES problem with this build. That is probably the reason for the graphics corruption in some apps. I noticed that google maps 6.40 does not go haywire upon rotation, but gallery3d.apk still does. You can replace it with a version that doesn't have the rotation problem (like the gallery3dr.apk in this thread) but the underlying problem is still present.

Quadrant reports that my phone is using OpenGL ES 1.0 - I guess with the libGLES we have we *should* be seeing 1.1
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rete View Post
There seems to be an OpenGL ES problem with this build. That is probably the reason for the graphics corruption in some apps. I noticed that google maps 6.40 does not go haywire upon rotation, but gallery3d.apk still does. You can replace it with a version that doesn't have the rotation problem (like the gallery3dr.apk in this thread) but the underlying problem is still present.

Quadrant reports that my phone is using OpenGL ES 1.0 - I guess with the libGLES we have we *should* be seeing 1.1
There's always been questions as to whether our hardware supports 1.1 or not. I think we've tried 1.1 libs, but our hardware might not support it...
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There's always been questions as to whether our hardware supports 1.1 or not. I think we've tried 1.1 libs, but our hardware might not support it...
Interesting. The HTC Hero with for all intents and purpose identical hardware to Rhodium (MSM7200/7600/Adreno 130) does support 1.1...
Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Interesting. The HTC Hero with for all intents and purpose identical hardware to Rhodium (MSM7200/7600/Adreno 130) does support 1.1...
I thought we had the Qualcomm MSM7200A. Either way, I do believe we have the Adreno130. Perhaps we're not using the right libs? I don't know.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I thought we had the Qualcomm MSM7200A. Either way, I do believe we have the Adreno130. Perhaps we're not using the right libs? I don't know.
Like Rhodium, the Hero also has the MSM7200A (A = 65nm vs 90nm for non-A) in GSM phones; 7600 in CDMA/GSM phones. My Telus Rhodium has MSM7601 (the 1 indicating a Broadcom patent workaround).

Hero and Rhodium are very similar hardware-wise, down to the same amount of RAM/ROM.

Last edited by rete; 03-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Like Rhodium, the Hero also has the MSM7200A (A = 65nm vs 90nm for non-A) in GSM phones; 7600 in CDMA/GSM phones. My Telus Rhodium has MSM7601 (the 1 indicating a Broadcom patent workaround).

Hero and Rhodium are very similar hardware-wise, down to the same amount of RAM/ROM.
Yes, but they are not identical. The Magic is also pretty similar, just less RAM. Tattoo/Legend I gather is also pretty similar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development