PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I need some advice on how to try and capture logs.

I experienced three spontaneous rebooted, today.

First event: Phone on desk, in sleep. SMS comes in, phone goes out of sleep, I hear my SMS announcement tone, pickup the phone as it rebooted.

Second event: Speaking on a call, in the midst of speaking, with the phone to my ear and the phone rebooted.

Third event: Incoming call while the phone is in my holster. I didn't recognize that taking the phone out of my holster has caused the phone to wake up. As it waking up, I press power (turning it off) and then power again, to turn it back on ... reboot.

So my question is: how should I go about trying to get logs for stuff like this?

Best regards,
-boggsie

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
As I stated above, the only way to get logs from a reboot are to pull last_kmsg. That's the only thing that will remain from a reboot...and it's not always available. Reboots are fun to troubleshoot.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
If you had a reboot, unfortunately the long logs that are useful are last_kmsg...

GetLogs is awesome, but really only shows logs from that boot.
OK. Here is last_kmsg. I just had a second reboot when I plugged in USB to capture last_kmsg. First two reboots I've experienced (that I know of) since I loaded 1/16.
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_kmsg.zip (17.8 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
OK. Here is last_kmsg. I just had a second reboot when I plugged in USB to capture last_kmsg. First two reboots I've experienced (that I know of) since I loaded 1/16.
Thanks. Lets hope ACL can make sense of it... definitely seems like something is awry, I don't ever remember this many resets.

I haven't tested the new build yet, I've been lost in HaRETland .

Edit - for anyone else having reboot issues, post as many logs as you can. I looked over huckl3b3rry's here, and it doesn't appear to have anything abnormal in it at all. It just stops...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-17-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Just my 2 cents been on new build since 10pm last night, flashed it, put on charger and didn't touch it until 430am. Been messing with it through out whole day, no reboots, no lag, haven't oc'd (don't feel the need to runs like a champ.) No complaints so far...

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eurohunter is a n00b

Is the notification LED (green on sleep, orange when active) a tough issue to be fixed (too much work for such a small issue)? Or is it like that intentionally just for testing purposes?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

I'll pull logs when/if they occur again, but:

1. I've also experienced random reboot issues with the 1/16 build
2. I've experienced ringtone problems (nothing new, was occurring with old build)
3. I've experienced a complete loss of sound following a single phone call. It rang (and could be heard). Following that call, no sound until reboot.

(again, I know that's useless, I'll pull logs when/if they happen again).

Michael
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
Is the notification LED (green on sleep, orange when active) a tough issue to be fixed (too much work for such a small issue)? Or is it like that intentionally just for testing purposes?
Oh it's an easy fix... but it's for testing purposes. When sleep and everything related to sleep (pretty much everything...) is stable, userland notifications will be enabled a la XDAndroid HaRET builds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
This is going to be a tough one to catch. There is no errors in the log that stand out. Well there is this one but its no where near the end of your log.

[ 595.462371] pm_op(): platform_pm_suspend+0x0/0x58 returns -16
[ 595.462432] PM: Device alarm failed to suspend: error -16
[ 595.462463] PM: Some devices failed to suspend

When the kernel crashes, you get a kernel panic which doesnt reboot(just locks). Last_kmsg is key for this. But if the phone reboots, then last kmsg may not have anything useful since a9 may have crashed. When A9 crashes, we just reboot because we cant survive without it. A9 is the radio pretty much so we need to narrow this down and figure out if we can replicate this error.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Two big bombs today.

First I couldn't capture because the phone was (I think) totally dead. It was plugged into a charger overnight, but it appears that something happened during the night to stop the phone from charging and then fully discharge the battery. Unfortunately the only way to get it doing anything again was a battery pull and then leave it on a charger for 20 minutes. battery pull killed last_kmsg for this one.

Second bomb was a total lockup when fully awake. last_kmsg attached, looks like something barfed big time near the end. Hopefully the log helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 01182012-last_kmsg.zip (16.8 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
I'll pull logs when/if they occur again, but:

1. I've also experienced random reboot issues with the 1/16 build
2. I've experienced ringtone problems (nothing new, was occurring with old build)
3. I've experienced a complete loss of sound following a single phone call. It rang (and could be heard). Following that call, no sound until reboot.

(again, I know that's useless, I'll pull logs when/if they happen again).

Michael
1) Think of anything different that you did when these reboots happen? wifi enabled? alarms enabled? charging? any widgets in the background running?

2) ringtone is a bitch. First one will always fail, not sure why but it seems to be reported in cyano too but ive yet to find their fix.

3) When you notice loss of sound, put the phone near your ear and see if you hear buzzing. I noticed when i was testing that if i lost all sound, the speaker would buzz. Also, if you ADB shell into the phone when this happens and do a logcat i would see some errors which might be helpful.

If you want to be brave and test the other csv to see if they might be helpful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development