PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB
Carrier: Sprint

anish88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Unfortunately i don't have the 3.5mm with the mic to test. This shouldn't be that difficult to implement since i think this portion is shared with the h2w headset which has working mic.

No, gps is still not included. Need to stabilize acoustic before i go that route, but i do plan to release an gps update for those animals who want to test it.
im all for the zip file

and for the mic, if i can suggest something (again i dont know how hard it is to code) but if there is a mic on the headset then enable that, but if there is no mic on the headset, then enable the mic on the phone( the on board one). just a thought. i dont know if thats hard or not. also if you need one, here is one i can think of thats really cheap. Black Stereo Headset with microphone for Apple iPhone First Generation/iPhone 3G iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4

edit: because i checked it and when there is headphones without an inline mic plugged in, the other person on the phone can not here you, as in the mic on the phone is not automatically turned on. as soon as you unplug those headphones you, and u use the handset, the other person can hear you

Last edited by anish88; 01-16-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Oh craaaap!!!

I can't seem to get the new system installed.

Code:
C:\adb>fastboot erase system
              erasing 'system'... FAILED (command write failed (Too many links))
and on the phone it shows

Code:
skipping @ 1477 (bad block)
cannot erase @ 1477 (bad block?)
Erasing recovery seems to be OK, but when I try to flash the recovery.img I geth the following error:

Code:
C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  sending 'recovery' (4100 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many  links))
finished. total time: 0.031s
and on the phone it shows

Code:
fadtboot: erase:recovery
fastboot: download:00401000
I started with a Task29, had these problems so I reloaded an old WinMo ROM (which worked fine) then reloaded the new RHODIMG.nbh via SD and I'm stuck here unable to write the recovery partition.

Help!

Wow, well this is an odd one. You could always get creative and flash the recovery.img into the boot partition

fastboot flash boot recovery.img

This way you will boot into recovery automatically withot needing to press the power button. Once you are there, run the update and see if it flashes everything else. Not sure what else to suggest.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Wow, well this is an odd one. You could always get creative and flash the recovery.img into the boot partition

fastboot flash boot recovery.img

This way you will boot into recovery automatically withot needing to press the power button. Once you are there, run the update and see if it flashes everything else. Not sure what else to suggest.

No luck, looks like boot isn't big enough...

Code:
C:\adb>fastboot flash boot recovery.img
      sending 'boot' (4100 KB)... OKAY [  1.094s]
                writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
finished. total time: 2.203s
and on the phone

Code:
fastboot: download:00401000
fastboot: flash:boot
writing 4198400 bytes to 'boot'
flash_write_image: out of space
Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Well, I don't know what the magic combination was but it finally wrote the recovery.img on to the recovery partition.

I got into recovery and installed 1-16-12 which is booting now.

Hopefully this ends my nightmare for today.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Rhod100
Carrier: Orange PL

mayestik1 is a n00b

Hi! It's nice to hear that we can test new version But today I had kernel panic on 12/24th. Maybe it's fixed in new ver.. I don't know. Please look at the end of attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip panic.zip (20.4 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayestik1 View Post
Hi! It's nice to hear that we can test new version But today I had kernel panic on 12/24th. Maybe it's fixed in new ver.. I don't know. Please look at the end of attached file.

Man i was hoping this was fixed but i guess not. Its the SMD bug again, but slightly different. It's not ppp related this time so this time it may be the same bug we have/had on haret.

i'll have to open an issue again and put it on the list of things to kill.

thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Got 1/16 version. As you mentioned first incoming call I get no ring, I also get no voice from phone to the caller. After the first call it seems to work every time, made a number of calls. Voice quality seems to be good. Speaker phone/mute work fine. After a reboot the same thing occurs on first call and works after. I guess it's a good way to tell if I have a spontaneous reboot that I didn't notice. Other stuff I've tested so far looks good. Thanks for the release! My wife about to force me off the 12/24 load... hehe
Old 01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i know bluetooth is still not supposed to be working, but just an fyi the bluetooth seems to be toggling on and off repeatedly when i did turn it. i know getting this working is far away but let me know if you want logs or anything.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
i know bluetooth is still not supposed to be working, but just an fyi the bluetooth seems to be toggling on and off repeatedly when i did turn it. i know getting this working is far away but let me know if you want logs or anything.
Do you have Pandora or some other streaming radio app? I heard you can disable BT within those apps and this won't happen...

Logs are never a bad thing .
Old 01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Do you have Pandora or some other streaming radio app? I heard you can disable BT within those apps and this won't happen...

Logs are never a bad thing .
oh yeah i forgot about that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development