PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
"01-14 08:35:34.360 E/CDMA ( 221): Wrong network. Can not return a string." I dont think ive ever seen that. Maybe muzling has seen it since he has explored a lot of other cdma issue. Either way that will require some research.
Seems we can ignore this.
01-14 08:35:32.830 D/AT ( 82): AT< +HTC_GETSYSTYPE: 0,2,1,0,3
Zero is unknow type.

Or if have time, we can look for follow code to handle when GETSYSTYPE return Zero.
Gammu - Gitorious
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Seems we can ignore this.
01-14 08:35:32.830 D/AT ( 82): AT< +HTC_GETSYSTYPE: 0,2,1,0,3
Zero is unknow type.

Or if have time, we can look for follow code to handle when GETSYSTYPE return Zero.
Gammu - Gitorious
Dang.. i completely missed that. i guess we cna cook up a simple patch.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

New release out. 1/16/2011

Changes:

LK:
1) Add code to append a self generated serial number on the cmd line. (kernel part is still missing but at least the hard part is done)
2) replace some google usb id's with HTCs. This makes it easier on XP to recognise fastboot.

Kernel:
1) Enable 3.5mm support for cdma rhods
2) Use HTC ids for RNDIS instead of googles.
3) Add some debugging code to help identify the sub variants.

other:
1)Included all the csvs from all variants. They are located in /system/etc/audiofiles/. This way we can swap and try if needed.

These are the default files being used per variant:
Rhod300 -> AudioPara3_ATT.csv
Rhod100 -> AudioPara3.csv
Rhod210 -> AudioPara3_TMO.csv
Rhod400 -> AudioPara3.csv

The CDMA rhods have 2 other Para files (AudioPara3_Rhodium#W_umts.csv and AudioPara3_umts.csv). To swap them for testing, you will need to do the following

./adb remount
./adb shell
cp -f /system/etc/audiofiles/cdma/<whatever para file>.csv /system/etc/AudioPara3.csv

To upload your own, just "adb push <mycsv.csv> /system/etc/

You will need to reboot once swapped.

Now that we are all on the same build, we can begin testing and releasing test updates like crazy until next month.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the first ring will always fail on CDMA. The rings following seem to work fine.

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-16-2012 at 03:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
New release out. 1/16/2011

Changes:

LK:
1) Add code to append a self generated serial number on the cmd line. (kernel part is still missing but at least the hard part is done)
2) replace some google usb id's with HTCs. This makes it easier on XP to recognise fastboot.

Kernel:
1) Enable 3.5mm support for cdma rhods
2) Use HTC ids for RNDIS instead of googles.
3) Add some debugging code to help identify the sub variants.

other:
1)Included all the csvs from all variants. They are located in /system/etc/audiofiles/. This way we can swap and try if needed.

These are the default files being used per variant:
Rhod300 -> AudioPara3_ATT.csv
Rhod100 -> AudioPara3.csv
Rhod210 -> AudioPara3_TMO.csv

The CDMA rhods have 2 other Para files (AudioPara3_Rhodium#W_umts.csv and AudioPara3_umts.csv). To swap them for testing, you will need to do the following

./adb remount
./adb shell
cp -f /system/etc/audiofiles/cdma/<whatever para file>.csv /system/etc/AudioPara3.csv

To upload your own, just "adb push <mycsv.csv> /system/etc/

You will need to reboot once swapped.

Now that we are all on the same build, we can begin testing and releasing test updates like crazy until next month.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the first ring will always fail on CDMA. The rings following seem to work fine.
Noob question - must I starting from scratch or no? And second question about csv - detect type of rhod wil be automatic or must I something to do? (e.g. copy csv to some other location?)
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Noob question - must I starting from scratch or no? And second question about csv - detect type of rhod wil be automatic or must I something to do? (e.g. copy csv to some other location?)
No worries, its getting more and more noob friendly. Everything is automatic but i want to give the other guys a chance to buthcer their setup and see if we can determine the most stable csv (at least for cdma). and yes, from scratch starting with LK.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
No worries, its getting more and more noob friendly. Everything is automatic but i want to give the other guys a chance to buthcer their setup and see if we can determine the most stable csv (at least for cdma). and yes, from scratch starting with LK.

OK, ACL. First experience is audio now working correct on my rhod100. It means there is no growing volume during ringtone and other sounds and incall volume of internal speaker is now OK too. HW keyboard has correct UK layout now. Will testing and give you feedback, if I find any problem.
Many, many thanks, again great work!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started
I know it does not say in the change log, but is there gps support in this one?

edit - i know its asking a lot but does the 3.5mm detect the mic too? just wondering if i should check

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by anish88; 01-16-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
I know it does not say in the change log, but is there gps support in this one?

edit - i know its asking a lot but does the 3.5mm detect the mic too? just wondering if i should check

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately i don't have the 3.5mm with the mic to test. This shouldn't be that difficult to implement since i think this portion is shared with the h2w headset which has working mic.

No, gps is still not included. Need to stabilize acoustic before i go that route, but i do plan to release an gps update for those animals who want to test it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
No, gps is still not included. Need to stabilize acoustic before i go that route, but i do plan to release an gps update for those animals who want to test it.
Yea, just provide a flashable ZIP for us animals to apply GPS .
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Oh craaaap!!!

I can't seem to get the new system installed.

Code:
C:\adb>fastboot erase system
              erasing 'system'... FAILED (command write failed (Too many links))
and on the phone it shows

Code:
skipping @ 1477 (bad block)
cannot erase @ 1477 (bad block?)
Erasing recovery seems to be OK, but when I try to flash the recovery.img I geth the following error:

Code:
C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  sending 'recovery' (4100 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many  links))
finished. total time: 0.031s
and on the phone it shows

Code:
fadtboot: erase:recovery
fastboot: download:00401000
I started with a Task29, had these problems so I reloaded an old WinMo ROM (which worked fine) then reloaded the new RHODIMG.nbh via SD and I'm stuck here unable to write the recovery partition.

Help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development