PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Holysmoke is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

working wonderfully.

the only problem so far is after overclocking in startup, as soon as I click haret I get an error message that it cant read acpuclock

is that normal?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

aristowong is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthew View Post
I am having a similar problem, whenever I hang up theres no service and randomly after sending or receiving texts the service cuts out.
It turns back on once I put phone in airplane mode and then turn off airplane mode.
i found out it says theres no service, but i can actually still redcieve texts when it says this... wierd. the onl thing i cant do is send texts/calls. interesting.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Three

dj_tux is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to dj_tux

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunzfavor View Post
Search 'astro' in the market.
thanks fortunzfavor.

@arrrghhh
why not include file manager in FRX07? maybe next FRX included...

@all
in Index of /updates contained the file update-FRX07.zip. where the file should be extracted? thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tux View Post
thanks fortunzfavor.

@arrrghhh
why not include file manager in FRX07? maybe next FRX included...
In AndroidApps, there should be one - I thought there was, my fault... I'll probably include Astro unless someone has a better idea? Next bundle, thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tux View Post
@all
in Index of /updates contained the file update-FRX07.zip. where the file should be extracted? thanks
That's just the incremental update from 06->07. If you're already on 07, no need .
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

Trev23sks is a n00b

Im using R400 FRX07 metro pcs i got my data connection setup...but no connection?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev23sks View Post
Im using R400 FRX07 metro pcs i got my data connection setup...but no connection?
Uh... can you describe a little more maybe? It's working but not? So you have 3g icons but you can't connect to the internet? Doesn't Metro have one of those stupid proxy's to get out to the internet...??

I don't really know how that carrier works, but you guys with 3rd tier carriers will need to sort out issues and post what the solution is - because the major carriers all work, because the major carriers don't require a proxy to connect to the 'net .
Old 07-17-2011, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Caveats:
  • BT - works now! But audio doesn't route. See this thread if you're feeling adventurous and want to play with/don't mind using some unstable/incomplete code...
Has anyone tried this yet? Read through both threads and didnt see any mention. Only upgrading if this works. I can be the guinea pig, but i need more time.
Thanks for all the work people put into this!

Last edited by JustusIV; 07-17-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
Has anyone tried this yet? Read through both threads and didnt see any mention. Only upgrading if this works. I can be the guinea pig, but i need more time.
It seems to be hit or miss. I've had a few people say that audio routing does work, and others say that it doesn't. Until the new acoustic stuff is implemented (so userland can direct the kernel where to route sound, instead of the kernel trying to do it all on its own...) audio will not route correctly for BT. So if it does work hooray! It'll probably be wonky tho. Someone already filed a bug on using Voice Command with a bluetooth headset... I wasn't able to get my BT headset to work at all, so go figure.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It seems to be hit or miss. I've had a few people say that audio routing does work, and others say that it doesn't. Until the new acoustic stuff is implemented (so userland can direct the kernel where to route sound, instead of the kernel trying to do it all on its own...) audio will not route correctly for BT. So if it does work hooray! It'll probably be wonky tho. Someone already filed a bug on using Voice Command with a bluetooth headset... I wasn't able to get my BT headset to work at all, so go figure.
so I just want to put it out there, BT headsets do work. I tried it last night. But voice command is not accurate.... but everything else works. I do however want to see if anyone has problems with turning on wifi after the initial bootup. I've tried with my original and fresh data.img, and both times the I would see errors when i try to turn on wifi except after the initial bootup. I am not sure what the problem is. I haven't really install anything except for some google services. Any idea aaarrg?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
so I just want to put it out there, BT headsets do work. I tried it last night. But voice command is not accurate.... but everything else works. I do however want to see if anyone has problems with turning on wifi after the initial bootup. I've tried with my original and fresh data.img, and both times the I would see errors when i try to turn on wifi except after the initial bootup. I am not sure what the problem is. I haven't really install anything except for some google services. Any idea aaarrg?
I rarely if ever use wifi. Are you stating with a fresh data.img, or every boot wifi initially fails then... doesn't? It just starts working after a certain amount of uptime?

If that's the case, then I'd say you're trying to use wifi too quickly. Let the phone settle after it's done booting - especially on a fresh data.img, lots of crap happening in the background. I was cursing stine that the new su app didn't work at all, because it wouldn't come up for any of the root apps I opened. The UI was snappy, I was able to load up apps... I thought all was well, and then the su allow prompt appeared... so truly patience is a virtue here.

Also, it seems certain BT headsets work and others don't. Don't tell people that BT headsets work, because not all do! Someone already filed a bug on the voice command BT issue, which makes me laugh since I said that BT audio routing won't work... Go figure. Lol I already said that, wth...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development