PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

parthew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oisact View Post
For what it's worth, I did a completely fresh install on my (now unused) TP2. Created a new Google account, installed Opera then plugged it in to charge all night. This morning I found it had rebooted back into WM. No CDMA service - Wifi only, although the cellular radio was left on.

While I've been typing my TP2 has been booting back into Android. When it came up, I unlocked it and set it down, and it rebooted a minute or two later. So there is something very unstable with this. Hopefully it's a minor config tweak or something.

My phone was in Airplane mode in WM prior to booting. I'm enabling the radio before booting into Android in case that has anything to do with it.
I am having a similar problem, whenever I hang up theres no service and randomly after sending or receiving texts the service cuts out.
It turns back on once I put phone in airplane mode and then turn off airplane mode.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Alcoherent

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

How long does it take for haret.exe to install? I left it running and it's still going after about 3 hours! Still working because the text is scrolling and the numbers in the first bracket are increasing, but it says "[16282.702941] [<c0072a90>]..."

I formatted my SD, copied frxo7 to the SD, copied the startup file for my RHOD400 into root, and then ran harot.exe.

Any thoughts on why it's taking so long?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
PS just got a new car which has great iPhone or Android interfaces... looks like soon the old TP2 is going soon....
Why can't you use your TP2 in Android with your car...? I bet it works .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoherent View Post
How long does it take for haret.exe to install? I left it running and it's still going after about 3 hours! Still working because the text is scrolling and the numbers in the first bracket are increasing, but it says "[16282.702941] [<c0072a90>]..."

I formatted my SD, copied frxo7 to the SD, copied the startup file for my RHOD400 into root, and then ran harot.exe.

Any thoughts on why it's taking so long?
Did you do the calibration/ts-calibration part...?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Alcoherent

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I was waiting to do it manually but it never prompted me for it.

Should I just stop it and use the ts-calibration.zip file or wait for the install to finish?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 PM
N00b

aristowong is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
After you disable GPS it will start sleeping properly (and turn the LED green), see the FAQ for info on GPS and sleep. The LED indicates sleep status to warn you if your phone is going to drain fast due to not sleeping properly.
ah ok. works now. just wondering if the drain is significant with the constant LED on. kinda annoying with my ADD, but would be worth it for android...
Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: SPRINT

albumleaf is a n00b

Awesome -- thanks so much everyone! Will report my results soon.

edit: Been running overnight and this morning, no issues whatsoever. Audio with the 3.5mm jack works excellent, there is nothing more I could possibly ask for, THANKS AGAIN!

edit: I still have one weird thing where media/notification/call volume is stuck at zero until I make a call and hang up, but I reboot so seldom these days that it's not a huge deal.

Last edited by albumleaf; 07-17-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 w/ XDAndroid
Carrier: PagePlus (VZW MVNO)

fortunzfavor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristowong View Post
ah ok. works now. just wondering if the drain is significant with the constant LED on. kinda annoying with my ADD, but would be worth it for android...
I read a lot at night w/ my TP2, so I finally relented and covered the led with electrical tape. It's going to be a PITA to clean the residue off once things are normal, but I'm due a new screen protector anyway and that's where most of the contact is.

I can still see the light well enough to know if it is sleeping properly, but it doesn't glare in my eyes, so I consider it worth it. Your ADD might not be as assuaged, just thought I'd mention it.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 AM
N00b

aristowong is a n00b

i lose service when i get a sms. anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

ARRRGH,
Thank you very much for the update. After some preliminary tests, (still with the old data.img), I found that whenever I turn on wifi, it still shows error. I just want someone who started out with a brand new data.img to confirm that it does work because everything else works include 3.5mm and BT. Overall, this is a very solid build with faster graphics.

Thanks again!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Wahoo... March, April, May, June, July... finally :>)) NICE! thanks/d

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development