PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp411 View Post
trying this for the first time. everything seemed to work fine.. but everytime I try to load the google homepage, it loads right to the very end and then forces reboot. Anyone else come across this before. Any help is much appreciated. I've tried, deleted the data.img multiple times, as well as tried two different cards that I reformated with the SDformatter tool. I did remove the sim card before starting.
I guess try a different browser, like Dolphin Mini?

I know this was an issue on GB for a while (pretty sure it's been resolved tho) but I certainly don't have this problem on the stock browser in FroYo...

Do you have issues with any other location-based services? I'm betting that's what is causing the reboot (although without logs there's no way to know for sure).
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

i know you mentioned this before about the low volume and how there's a fix being worked on...

interesting thing was I was testing Iris app (It's a Siri clone) and when it talks back to you, it uses "normal" volume, not the quite one. I'm wondering if you know why an app would be able to get the speaker phone to turn on in the phone for such a loud volume and if this could be applied to other things instead of doing that kernel fix that was mentioned previously somewhere
Old 10-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
i know you mentioned this before about the low volume and how there's a fix being worked on...

interesting thing was I was testing Iris app (It's a Siri clone) and when it talks back to you, it uses "normal" volume, not the quite one. I'm wondering if you know why an app would be able to get the speaker phone to turn on in the phone for such a loud volume and if this could be applied to other things instead of doing that kernel fix that was mentioned previously somewhere
Uh... the reason audio is broke in general needs to be fixed regardless. The (new) code is good, there's just some issues to sort out still.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

hm thanks for quick response aarrrggg, hope it comes soon I know by soon it could be a couple weeks/months though lol
Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhod
Carrier: mtn

fhod25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hi, i have problem with rhod100 the camera did not work
Old 10-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhod25 View Post
hi, i have problem with rhod100 the camera did not work
See my post from xda-devs on that topic.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ok. I'm at a complete loss why I can't get USB Tether to work.

I have tried it on 3 different Windows 7 computers (2 with professional and 1 with home premium).

Anyone else having problems with the USB Tether?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
Ok. I'm at a complete loss why I can't get USB Tether to work.

I have tried it on 3 different Windows 7 computers (2 with professional and 1 with home premium).

Anyone else having problems with the USB Tether?
What have you tried?

I think you posted before, and others said it works fine. AFAIK it works fine for me as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Does anyone know if it is safe to replace the default launcher in android with another one?

I mean currently I have adw launcher installed and set as the default launcher, but every so often when I make my way to running services, I see launcher running (224kb). I'm assuming this is android's default launcher. So I'm wondering if I can replace this with adw launcher the same way I updated the android market app. Namely if I went into root directory, can I delete launcher.apk and replace it with adw apk? Or am I misinterrepting launcher and it is just how android manages any launcher?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Does anyone know if it is safe to replace the default launcher in android with another one?

I mean currently I have adw launcher installed and set as the default launcher, but every so often when I make my way to running services, I see launcher running (224kb). I'm assuming this is android's default launcher. So I'm wondering if I can replace this with adw launcher the same way I updated the android market app. Namely if I went into root directory, can I delete launcher.apk and replace it with adw apk? Or am I misinterrepting launcher and it is just how android manages any launcher?
Uhm, I wouldn't rip out anything that could be essential to Android's operation.

I use ADW as well as my default launcher, but that doesn't mean that the 'laucher' app doesn't have other duties within the system. I mean you can try it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Is it really work the 224kb?

Edit - never really gone out and looked, but I don't see the launcher in my list of running applications or services...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development