PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paran0idAndr0id View Post
Tethering works in Windows 7, Portable Wifi Hotspot worked pretty good for me, even when connecting more than one device, but I'm in a location that gets 2.75 Mbps dl.

Turning off Portable Wifi Hotspot....that's a different story. Freezes the OS every time and requires a reboot.

Battery life is still the main issue for me as far as making this my main OS on the tp2. I've disabled all widgets except the power toggle, v6 supercharger-256hp aggressive-hard to kill oom, no bloat app/task killers/memory managers, gps & wifi/cell network turned off. With all these settings disabled I got a max of 12 hours battery life, but that was rarely using the phone and 2 call at 20 minutes, no txt, 5 min of internet browsing.

I'll be back and forth between WinMo 6.5 (sprint stock rom) and frx071 depending on what I need. I have to admit, Sprint's stock rom of WinMo 6.5 does fairly well on battery life (about 2-3 days between charge) and using it regularly w/ text, internet, games, weather, bluetooth standby, but I know this is comparing apples to oranges.
Yea, WinMo sips battery - I think even if our port was 100% flawless (which it's not 100% flawless on native devices...) WinMo would still do significantly better on battery. This is one bone of contention most people have with Android on native devices. I think apps just run rampant, and Google really needs to work on that at the core of the system.

FYI, the 3rd party wifi hotspot apps don't cause the device to explode. There's even a XDAndroid wifi tethering app that was used before native tethering was available. I hear Barnacle on the Market works fine too. Only issue is the built-in tool puts up an 'actual' AP. The 3rd party ones put up ad hoc AP's...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

'actual' AP == "infrastructure mode"
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

dealpapa is becoming a great contributor

we should start working on Android Ice Cream Sandwich now.

Last edited by dealpapa; 10-19-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
Old 10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealpapa View Post
we should start working on Android Ice Cream Sandwich now.
You should give us the source code.

Also, we? Really?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

dealpapa is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You should give us the source code.

Also, we? Really?
oh yes. I am a tester.
Android Developers

Last edited by dealpapa; 10-19-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealpapa View Post
oh yes. I am a tester.
Android Developers
Unless you're actually a developer, you won't be working on anything... I certainly don't, and I'm not trying to kid anyone.

Also, what is that link, you think that's for the ICS source? Are you dense? Please quit filling my thread with drivel.

Edit - LOL this is your first post in the Android section. You're quite a tester. Begone troll.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 10-19-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mobile
Carrier: us cellular

blackorchid99 is a n00b

Thanks for all your hard work. All works great. But My Rhod 400 ( us cellular) reboots after making a Phone call or receiving a call..

Thanks again
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

This is quite the neat little project.

Thank you so very much for making this so easy to get up and running.

I have a Nook Color, which has introduced me to the world of Android and have been running Cyanogen(mod) for a bit and within the past month, stepped up to loading the nightlies as well as experimenting with new and leaked applications.

The only thing I've run into so far has been the Google Music apk that leaked with some ICS packages, but other than that, this is really cool.

Thank you!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

I have some peculiar issue (may be not so peculiar for you guys)..

I have been successfully running FRX 7.1 for sometime now. Two days back - I installed the ADW launcher and it was working fine - the speed was verty much noticeable.

But - I had a crash and android rebooted to Windows - and there starts the trouble..

First, my memory card was not recognized - I rebooted from windows a couple of times and it was ok then.

Now - I am trying to boot into Android - it says "HARET is not a valid Pocket PC application".

This has never happened before. Any thing that would fix this??

Last edited by janusman; 10-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro2

Flagmax is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.26571/26.984; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Sounds like the crash corrupted your SD card. Time to reformat and start fresh. Some recommed you use HP Tool to format the card instead of Windows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development