PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Spidey_1015 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Spidey_1015
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well there's a shutdown feature that doesn't always work correctly. It restarts the phone quite often... so that's really your choice. Use shutdown and it's a crapshoot whether it'll shutdown or restart... Soft reset is the same effect really, no?
Didn't know that... How do you do that? Or is there like a soft reset app so that i don't have to pull the cover to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
To make that possible, windows would have to continue running in the background. If that were the case there would be 0 available memory for Android, so windows is forced out of memory and in order to bring it back you have to boot back into it.
Good point... You would think with my computer background I would have realized that, LOL... I was dual booting on my Laptop, and had to do the same thing..
Old 07-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djxtreme504 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Look for an app called Quickboot. The reboot function will reboot into winmo. Hotboot will reboot Android if you ever have the need to do so without going all the way back through winmo. I use it when I update a kernal or rootfs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Does anyone have Skype working on this build? It does not work on the WinMo side for me. I have read Sprint has shut it down...

Works fine on my laptop etc...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
This is an issue in general with the audio routing. As has been stated, audio routing is broken and a kernel-only affair... Userland has no say in the audio routing. I noticed with the new audio routing code, this bug is fixed. It's experimental code, and not complete, so it was not included in 07...

If you have a Google account in Accounts & Sync, then yes you do sync.

It will wake for any app that asks to sync. Any app... Clocksync, Mail, etc etc.
Would the audio routing problems also include the audio coming thru the speakerphone even when speaker phone is off? Whenever I make a call the sound is coming thru the speaker phone. Usually I am streaming music so I have the headset plugged in and unplug it when I make or receive a call if that matters.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
Would the audio routing problems also include the audio coming thru the speakerphone even when speaker phone is off? Whenever I make a call the sound is coming thru the speaker phone. Usually I am streaming music so I have the headset plugged in and unplug it when I make or receive a call if that matters.
Yup. When I mean audio routing, I mean the whole schebang. Everything. Every decision within the system to route audio to the in-ear piece, to a BT headset, to the speakerphone, whether the dual mics are engaged, etc etc. Every portion of audio routing you can think of, this new code will touch.

As I've said before, audio routing is an all-kernel affair right now. Userland (Android) has no input on where to point the audio. So the kernel does its best, but it's only a guess. It doesn't always guess correctly, and I have a feeling sometimes things are enabled when they aren't needed (like the back speaker when you're only using the earpiece).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

Acey is a n00b

Is there any way to disable the Windows key from unlocking the phone on a RHOD400? I've pocket-dialed people a few times when the end call key (home in Android) was pressed, turning the phone on from sleep and then the Windows key was pressed, unlocking the phone. I know I could setup a lock screen option but I don't want to pocket-dial emergency services either. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Right off the bat, I would try a new data.img to ensure there's not something odd there. Especially for issues #1, 2, 4 & 5. I've been running FRX07 since it came out and all that stuff still works great for me. You can rename your old data.img and let it create a new one - that way you can easily revert. Just make sure you've got the space on the card .

3. If you turn off auto-backlight it should work flawlessly. Devs are looking into it.
6. Not sure, other than what you're already aware of with audio routing.. I would say my speakerphone volume could definitely be better, but it's "tolerable". When testing the new audio routing code, it's very loud.
I did a new data IMG - and it did fix the issues.. but only temporarily..

After 2-3 days - again - the same issues..
1. End button not working as home key/call button not routing to dialer..
2. Phone never locks
3. When I go into elevator/stairwell where there is no network - it usually searches for when I come back in range - which s not happening now. I forgot to list it in my previous post. I check the "airplane" mode and uncheck it in a min - the next sec I can see the signal on the top...

I wonder if these are one of those unlimited scenarios specific to my piece
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Is there any way to disable the Windows key from unlocking the phone on a RHOD400? I've pocket-dialed people a few times when the end call key (home in Android) was pressed, turning the phone on from sleep and then the Windows key was pressed, unlocking the phone. I know I could setup a lock screen option but I don't want to pocket-dial emergency services either. Thanks in advance for any help.
I've had this happen as well but didn't realize why it was unlocking. I don't think xdandroid used to do this before frx07. There was a thread on here somewhere a few months ago, someone had remapped keys and such but i don't remember who it was.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

thanks its beautiful..i have a question is the led light will stay red or its turn green?? and how is the battrey life will effect it if stays red?? thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
if you toggle the speakerphone on/off as soon as you place a call the static noise goes away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development