PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sync with your Google account. Hands down the easiest way.
No........ how could that be? I've always liked the tried and true method of keying them in one by one.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

I guess MS Myphone is useless now. Will try syncing with my google acct. thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
  • OC (Overclock): Put this in your startup.txt anywhere between the "" (ensure a space between any words, not quotes) acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 then reboot, try again.. probably needs the boost in speed..
  • DL Advanced Task Killer from market & kill all running apps before going into the game.
  • Set your apps not to auto update in settings, so a bunch of other tasks & network access isn't going on at the same time your trying to play...
  • On the Windows side before going into Android, you should run "Field Trial" and check your reception is. Walk around & try to get in the -50 to -60dbm range before going into Android. Turning your TP2 even 180 degrees in the exact same location can bring the signal from -60 to -90 in a hurry, so ensure your in a good reception area.

Don't know about your location (Qatar), perhaps some software restrictions on that & or network.
If you want to discuss further, post over in the Android Simple Guide sticky... i'll respond... again not my thread here...
First i wud like 2 thank u for ur great effort n concern
i put tat over clock line.. 2nd i dont open any other application after rebooting other than angry birds. so tat no background application wud b running..
i tried feild test and it shows my network -99dbm (May be i m using GSM sim card)
i dont think there might be any restriction cuz angry bird works great on SGS(samsung galaxy)..

& yeah even angry bird lite is not working

ok for futher discussion ill PM , hope thats ok with u
thanx again..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
i put tat over clock line.. 2nd i dont open any other application after rebooting other than angry birds. so tat no background application wud b running..
i tried feild test and it shows my network -99dbm (May be i m using GSM sim card)
i dont think there might be any restriction cuz angry bird works great on SGS(samsung galaxy)..

thanx again..
You're honestly comparing our port, on the TP2, to the Samsung Galaxy S? Are you insane?

Why do people care about Angry Birds so much. You'd think it's the only reason people want Android LOL.

Either way, our procs don't support OpenGLES2.0. I'm sure the SGS does. That phone has WAY newer hardware specs. Our processor is from 2007.

I for one would appreciate the Angry Birds discussion elsewhere. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

arrrghhh, or anyone else:

not sure if this has been answered, but using the latest zImage/modules along with this build, there's static coming from the speakerphone every time a call is placed. i can make it go away by toggling the speakerphone but sometimes doing so causes android to crash and i lose the call.

anybody have a fix for this or a specific zImage version that works?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I noticed something the other day, I'm not sure if there is a data leak (not sure if this is proper term) somewhere or not. I turned off phone (not powered down but put it to sleep) and the green light came on. But ever so often it would turn orange again then back to green. I thought this might be the background data from an app so I put the phone into airplane mode and sure enough the light stayed green. Problem is I don't think I have anything syncing/auto updating... I have the background data enabled for the market but could this be the reason? Or is there a leak somewhere else not related to apps/or am I missing something. I don't sync my emails/anything that I know of.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
arrrghhh, or anyone else:

not sure if this has been answered, but using the latest zImage/modules along with this build, there's static coming from the speakerphone every time a call is placed. i can make it go away by toggling the speakerphone but sometimes doing so causes android to crash and i lose the call.

anybody have a fix for this or a specific zImage version that works?

Thanks!
This is an issue in general with the audio routing. As has been stated, audio routing is broken and a kernel-only affair... Userland has no say in the audio routing. I noticed with the new audio routing code, this bug is fixed. It's experimental code, and not complete, so it was not included in 07...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I noticed something the other day, I'm not sure if there is a data leak (not sure if this is proper term) somewhere or not. I turned off phone (not powered down but put it to sleep) and the green light came on. But ever so often it would turn orange again then back to green. I thought this might be the background data from an app so I put the phone into airplane mode and sure enough the light stayed green. Problem is I don't think I have anything syncing/auto updating... I have the background data enabled for the market but could this be the reason? Or is there a leak somewhere else not related to apps/or am I missing something. I don't sync my emails/anything that I know of.
If you have a Google account in Accounts & Sync, then yes you do sync.

It will wake for any app that asks to sync. Any app... Clocksync, Mail, etc etc.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post

thanx again..
Hello,

I have been to Qatar and used my TP2 there. I found the signals to be of very high quality... you have all those mobile towers all over the place... but of course it is GSM. When I was there I used the old Sprint system GSM card but connected to the main provider there with little trouble... for Windows Mobile... I did not try the Android.

Good luck and report back how it goes. I'll likely be back...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

For the record on Angry Birds. My Titanium restore version would not install, so I downloaded a new version from the Marketplace. It would not run whether or not my install OCed. My diagnosis: this pig does not fly on this build.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Cutecool &
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
For the record on Angry Birds. My Titanium restore version would not install, so I downloaded a new version from the Marketplace. It would not run whether or not my install OCed. My diagnosis: this pig does not fly on this build.
Responses here: #267

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development