PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 AM
fortunzfavor's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2 w/ XDAndroid
Carrier: PagePlus (VZW MVNO)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Reputation: 5
fortunzfavor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
hmm i guess i'm not sure what frx07 is exactly then... i thought it would be a release package which would include the latest and greatest up until now?
FRX07 is the stable latest and greatest, for paint-by-numbers noobs like myself. My understanding is the new routing stuff is still not ready for primetime. As much support as arrggh and others provide for the most stable XDAndroid stuff, imagine what this thread would be with every cutting-edge alpha side-project included
__________________
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 AM
arrrghhh's Avatar
Testing Extraordinaire
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,604
Reputation: 7360
arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunzfavor View Post
FRX07 is the stable latest and greatest, for paint-by-numbers noobs like myself. My understanding is the new routing stuff is still not ready for primetime. As much support as arrggh and others provide for the most stable XDAndroid stuff, imagine what this thread would be with every cutting-edge alpha side-project included
This ^^.

FRX07 is the latest stuff, from the autobuild. I never, ever include any components that are still "in testing". Sure there's bugs in production so-to-speak, but we try to fix those quickly .

The new audio routing is definitely not ready yet. It seems like the new keyboard backlighting isn't perfected yet either, but that's not as critical as buggy audio routing...
Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 01:10 AM
parthew's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0
parthew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

So I have been using this for a few days and I have been noticing that when someone calls the call screen doesn't show up. I tried unlocking the phone while someone was calling but it never seemed to load fast enough to pick up the call. Is there some setting I have wrong?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 AM
cutecool's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel
Location: Qatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
Reputation: 255
cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Any way to make angry bird ( game ) working on this build..
does it supports SKYPE / YAHOO video call ??
__________________
Current ROM: EnergyROM 29022
Current Radio:2.37.00WV( Using GSM Sim Card )
Devices -> KJAM->UNIVERSAL->TouchPro2(RHO400)
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM
arrrghhh's Avatar
Testing Extraordinaire
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,604
Reputation: 7360
arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthew View Post
So I have been using this for a few days and I have been noticing that when someone calls the call screen doesn't show up. I tried unlocking the phone while someone was calling but it never seemed to load fast enough to pick up the call. Is there some setting I have wrong?

Thanks!
Happens to me all the damned time. Such is life in the world of Android on our devices currently... Sometimes I've had the phone wake up immediately and be right on the answer call screen... other times the Phone.apk application just decides it doesn't feel like working properly - it'll ring & vibrate no problem but I won't see the answer call screen come up even close to 'in time' to answer. I don't know why the drastic differences, but when in the UI sometimes it's really snappy, other times it seems to just sit there and hang... thinking...

I'm wondering if it's just background processes running and this tired old phone's processor can't handle all the crap going on in the background... I'm pretty sure there's some metrics within the Android system to tell Android when to start freeing up memory - I don't know if our port has that set to a default value, or if it's been tweaked but perhaps we should try to tweak it further..

Someone suggested the above to me, and it seems like a great idea, just so long as you don't set the values so ridiculous that it just starts killing stuff that it shouldn't. I can't remember where the settings are tho, d'oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
Any way to make angry bird ( game ) working on this build..
does it supports SKYPE / YAHOO video call ??
There's some Angry Birds lite version or some such garbage - but the game requires OpenGLES2.0 which our devices will never support (hardware limitation). Go complain to the developers of that awful game, not us...

I don't see how Skype or Yahoo video calling would work without a front-facing cam.
Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 02:46 PM
ctiger's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 154
Reputation: 90
ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Yeah, the phone is the only problem that I have right now, other than that, it's just great build, solid, thanks a lot. Especially the sim card part. I didn't test that thoroughly, but I remember that for USB tethering in WM, the sim card should be there, but for Fx06, the sim card should not. Now I don't need to worry.
Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:41 PM
highlandsun's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 240
highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Happens to me all the damned time. Such is life in the world of Android on our devices currently... Sometimes I've had the phone wake up immediately and be right on the answer call screen... other times the Phone.apk application just decides it doesn't feel like working properly - it'll ring & vibrate no problem but I won't see the answer call screen come up even close to 'in time' to answer. I don't know why the drastic differences, but when in the UI sometimes it's really snappy, other times it seems to just sit there and hang... thinking...

I'm wondering if it's just background processes running and this tired old phone's processor can't handle all the crap going on in the background... I'm pretty sure there's some metrics within the Android system to tell Android when to start freeing up memory - I don't know if our port has that set to a default value, or if it's been tweaked but perhaps we should try to tweak it further..

Someone suggested the above to me, and it seems like a great idea, just so long as you don't set the values so ridiculous that it just starts killing stuff that it shouldn't. I can't remember where the settings are tho, d'oh.
The low-memory killer settings are setup in /init.rc. They definitely need to be tuned. I'm hearing that the G1 guys have finally got these well-tuned on their GB builds, it's absolutely crucial given the tiny RAM there.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 PM
arrrghhh's Avatar
Testing Extraordinaire
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,604
Reputation: 7360
arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Yeah, the phone is the only problem that I have right now, other than that, it's just great build, solid, thanks a lot. Especially the sim card part. I didn't test that thoroughly, but I remember that for USB tethering in WM, the sim card should be there, but for Fx06, the sim card should not. Now I don't need to worry.
USB tethering in WinMo requires the SIM...? Noes... the SIM is only required for roaming on a GSM network, or y'know using it on a GSM network in general. If you're tethering on Sprint's service, there's no need for the SIM whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
The low-memory killer settings are setup in /init.rc. They definitely need to be tuned. I'm hearing that the G1 guys have finally got these well-tuned on their GB builds, it's absolutely crucial given the tiny RAM there.
Have you messed with them at all on our builds/devices? Curious if we have sub-optimal settings here...

We have more RAM, but it's still an issue - we don't have a ton more .
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2011, 10:56 AM
cutecool's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel
Location: Qatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
Reputation: 255
cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

There's some Angry Birds lite version or some such garbage - but the game requires OpenGLES2.0 which our devices will never support (hardware limitation). Go complain to the developers of that awful game, not us...

I don't see how Skype or Yahoo video calling would work without a front-facing cam.
hmm, thanx for the info bro abt game

hey but skype n yahoo uses rare(back) camera to work with video call.. i have tested tat on SGS
Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2011, 12:46 PM
teradog's Avatar
VIP Member - Retired
Offline
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Location: Minnesnowta
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,213
Reputation: 8735
teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

All 3 Angry birds work great for me, have for months, all builds. Are you OCing?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com