PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

solnt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

I am very sorry about that.
Have just permission to post in xda-devs, so can't wait to have answer.

Regards

sol
Old 07-19-2011, 01:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
update:

rebooted again. 3G is working. Am able to call and receive calls. Market is working fine.

Only issue is -while calling - it hangs up for sometime.. after a few tries - it works..

has overclocking worked for anyone so far??? I feel the phone s a little sluggish.

Volume on speaker while on call is too low..any tips??
Random reboots when OC'd to 700000.. but with 614400 it seems pretty stable..
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solnt View Post
Yeah, that's right.
But the data.img which the system auto created just have 256mb, and if i install many apps, it will soon not enough space.
I know that out there have an apps which can extend the data.img file but it's not stable if the size more than 2gb.

That's the reason i want to move some apps to SD card.

Regards

sol
um... use this [APP] Windows: Create Your Own Data.img Maker Application, +/- From Existing data.img - xda-developers to make larger data.img file... Not move to SD card

edit: hm read your thign more closely lol and looks like you know about this. But 2gb is still quite a lot since android on TP2 isn't quite good enough for full time use with it's decreased battery life (at least for me) so 2gb is a lot of space. Plus you could use google music to store your songs online and not on phone. I found the google music apk file and it seems to work fine

Last edited by EyeB; 07-19-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dadaR6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaR6 View Post
Well, honestly I dont remember which one was it, but in one case I was getting no sleep or cannot start BT if BT was ON at some point in WinMo. I tried it so many times, that I forgot which one was causing what. lol. Now BT is always OFF in WinMo from beginning to end and I dont have any issues anymore (with BT at least...).

I am getting the same oddity as others regarding the service signal: receive a call then I hang up, then the no service icon appears but I can still receive calls!, I just cannot place any until I switch to Airplane Mode.
I tried again to confirm the behavior:
- If BT was ON when starting Haret, BT will not start in Android and it will not let the phone enter deep sleeps.
- If BT was OFF when starting Haret but was ON at some point after the boot in WinMo, then in Android, BT will not start, but the phone will enter deep sleeps. Once you try to start BT, phone will not sleep anymore.
- If BT was OFF from beginning to end in WinMo, then in Android, BT will start and phone will enter deeps sleeps with BT ON or OFF.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey i didnt understand if i want to put Android n run it from a particular folder so where should i add tat command line in start up

for eg.. in my SD card i make a folder ANDROID

so will my startup look like this..

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=Android lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=1 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot
Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaR6 View Post
I tried again to confirm the behavior:
- If BT was ON when starting Haret, BT will not start in Android and it will not let the phone enter deep sleeps.
- If BT was OFF when starting Haret but was ON at some point after the boot in WinMo, then in Android, BT will not start, but the phone will enter deep sleeps. Once you try to start BT, phone will not sleep anymore.
- If BT was OFF from beginning to end in WinMo, then in Android, BT will start and phone will enter deeps sleeps with BT ON or OFF.
Thanks! I'll add this to the caveat list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
hey i didnt understand if i want to put Android n run it from a particular folder so where should i add tat command line in start up

for eg.. in my SD card i make a folder ANDROID

so will my startup look like this..

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=Android lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=1 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot
You have it correct, but if the folder name is in all caps - ANDROID, then rel_path=ANDROID. Linux is CaSe sensitive!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

First SOD today morning after running it for more than a day...
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph800)

knchris is a n00b

I've got a Raph800. FRX06 is fairly stable on it. Tried FRX07 and I get the eternal "smd_tty_buffer mismatch" issue mentioned in the XDA forum. Can I help test? send logs? I'm a developer but been stuck doing windows .net forever. I have linux experience from playing with linksys routers and NAS devices, but am far from an expert. But I'm willing to learn and help out.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knchris View Post
I've got a Raph800. FRX06 is fairly stable on it. Tried FRX07 and I get the eternal "smd_tty_buffer mismatch" issue mentioned in the XDA forum. Can I help test? send logs? I'm a developer but been stuck doing windows .net forever. I have linux experience from playing with linksys routers and NAS devices, but am far from an expert. But I'm willing to learn and help out.
Devs always welcome!

Have you tried an older kernel? w/o the smd_tty patch? 20110622 appears to be the last kernel w/o the patch...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph800)

knchris is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Devs always welcome!

Have you tried an older kernel? w/o the smd_tty patch? 20110622 appears to be the last kernel w/o the patch...
Just tried that one. I got it to finally boot the second try, but it feels like some heavy process is going on in the background. There is no response to touch or buttons even after letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. I tried a 3rd time with the same results.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development