PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Please read this entire post

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>

I have created a complete bundle of Froyo with a stable kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and rootfs from GIT (Feb. 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 25 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) (Updated Mar. 25 2011) file by itself...

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, FRX06, copy its contents to the root of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Download the ts-calibration file from this post (should work for RHOD/TOPA, Blackstone users download the ts-calibration_blac.zip) and extract the .zip to where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

**To calibrate manually, you must use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file. Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one ), reboot & go back to the newest kernel! Thanks**

6. Run haret.exe.. Profit!

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. it will be much more pleasurable experience. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot .

Troubleshooting:
Please read the... FAQ
If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 24. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them .

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Even though this build is considered fairly stable, you are more than likely going to run into issues. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ts-calibration.zip (164 Bytes, 783 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip ts-calibration_blac.zip (164 Bytes, 102 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-05-2011 at 05:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 34 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Things broken in this build:
  • BT - fails completely - fix is in the works.
  • WEP on wifi doesn't work. I heard an app called 'wifi-ace' (on the Market) fixes WEP!
  • 3.5mm for RHOD400/500 (grab the newest kernel tho, it's fixed!)

There's a lot of other things that will break at random, I know I list it as stable - but it's not really. Hence the reason it's in quotations.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Changelog
March 25, 2011

What's new in FRX06 (Minor update)
  • Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
  • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)
  • modprobe ipv6 by default in user.conf - Google Goggles fix

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-30-2011 at 09:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tomei is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

File not found
Error (404)
Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

whats you new in this build??
is there any Change log?!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomei View Post
File not found
Error (404)
Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
whats you new in this build??
is there any Change log?!!!
Nothing new, just a clean FRX04 bundle. I don't want to change stinebd's image whatsoever.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

I see this thread taking off quickly.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

what makes this any different than the ROYO x RED that tiad / ndmo have been working on?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
what makes this any different than the ROYO x RED that tiad / ndmo have been working on?
They start from different places.

This is the XDAndroid official build, and as I understand it, it is based on the official Android Open Source Project from Google, ported to our phones.

The Froyo X build is based on the ROM from a HuaWei phone, with parts from other builds, including the official XDAndroid builds, mixed in.

Overall, the XDAndroid builds are closer to stock, while the FroyoX builds are more customized. For example, the XDAndroid builds only have the stock apps, whereas the FroyoX builds are bundled with a bunch of apps tiad8 likes. Because the XDAndroid builds are closer to stock, they're easier to support and develop/bugfix for, because there are a lot more unaccounted variables in FroyoX.

From an end user perspective, listening to the fans of each side, it seems like FRX04 is more stable, while FroyoX is tweaked to be faster. However, keep in mind that almost all of the problems listed in my big list of known issues are actually kernel/driver level issues, which apply to all builds.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cacapee is a n00b

Does this has WisTilt2's battery fixes.

I'm guessing probably not but thought I'd ask anyway
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development