PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CWM NEOFroyo v0.1 fastest build yet (updated8/21/11)

This is a complete package just unzip folder on sd card.

Here is original thread by neopeek

People having trouble with wifi check original thread they have a fix for it

This is the CWM 1.9 thread which is included in folder already

Using starfox test kernel from XDA (Rhodium only)

per starfox dont use test kernel use new stable vanilla

GAPPS already included.

Im not a dev, just put stuff together credit goes to all authors just posting here to spread the word

Last edited by vzihome; 08-21-2011 at 10:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: CWM NEOFroyo v0.1 fastest build yet (with tweaks)

Sorry forgot download link.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Any chance this has the bluetooth tweaks in it?
Old 08-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm using the 3-partition version of this build and I really blown away. It is the most stable port to date, especially with some of the newer kernels.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

It is quite fast. The only downside IMHO is the build is MDPI - look at the notification bar and you can see how much lower res it is..

Also, all the animations are disabled + I think that Zeam is the default launcher. This definitely makes it snappy, which is nice to have out of the box.

Gimmie an HDPI option, I'd be curious to see how it stacks up against a tweaked FRX07 .
Old 08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have been using CWM method since it became available, I find it to be running faster than the regular method without ext2 partitions. I have been playing 3d games without the "jitter" and smooth very impressed! Everything is snappier no reboots or FCs, this is actually fx7 based and for it not being high quality icons I would rather have a fast ferrari that has the paint faded or chipped than a new ferrari that I can't get up to what its capable. Pure cosmetics imo

Sent from my Neopeek using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I have been using CWM method since it became available, I find it to be running faster than the regular method without ext2 partitions. I have been playing 3d games without the "jitter" and smooth very impressed! Everything is snappier no reboots or FCs, this is actually fx7 based and for it not being high quality icons I would rather have a fast ferrari that has the paint faded or chipped than a new ferrari that I can't get up to what its capable. Pure cosmetics imo

To each their own I guess. I prefer the higher res look, but you're right - if the lower res = better performance, perhaps that is in the end what is best... Our GPU's can't really push 800x480 pixels very well.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
To each their own I guess. I prefer the higher res look, but you're right - if the lower res = better performance, perhaps that is in the end what is best... Our GPU's can't really push 800x480 pixels very well.
Hey arrrghhh what do you use as your everyday android? I have read your post on different forums and never hear you complain about your build must be running sonething great, would you mind sharing? Thanks

Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Hey arrrghhh what do you use as your everyday android? I have read your post on different forums and never hear you complain about your build must be running sonething great, would you mind sharing? Thanks

FRX07, just tweaked. I've found a few tweaks recently that have really boosted performance, I am actually amazed at what a difference it's made. Two things I adjusted - Android's internal task manager - I read this post (skip past all the app crap, go to the "Configuring androids internal task killer" section). All I adjusted was minfree, and it's been running really well.

Then, on advice from hyc I adjusted apps that start on boot. I really f-ed it up at first... but once I got it working, I noticed a really big improvement from this as well. This way the apps you don't want will only start when you want them to (and not at boot, or when they want to). It's a very manual process, and kind of a PITA... but it only has to be done once. Of course if you install a new app, you'll have to check and make sure that new app isn't starting at boot... So it's not a great solution by any means, but once you get Android setup the way you want, it shouldn't change a ton.

I'm planning on making a how-to boost performance thread soon. Going to try to put one in each device forum, with device-specific helpers. I'm also running Starfox's test kernel which is RHOD-only, and a slight overclock (714mhz). With all of these things combined, I have a very snappy build.

There's of course other things like widgets - they will kill the phone if you have a lot of widgets. I used to love their convenience, then I realized the more I put on the slower the phone got... so now I only have a couple of the first desktop. I also don't use the stock launcher, I've found almost any of the aftermarket launchers are better than the stock 'Launcher2' launcher. I personally have ADW EX, but I've used LauncherPro and it was good, Zeam seems good... I've heard good and bad about GO Launcher EX, never used it myself. I'm sure I've missed some...

So it's not a simple task, but with the right tweaks Android runs quite well... Just gotta know what to avoid and what to do...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 08-14-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
FRX07, just tweaked. I've found a few tweaks recently that have really boosted performance, I am actually amazed at what a difference it's made. Two things I adjusted - Android's internal task manager - I read this post (skip past all the app crap, go to the "Configuring androids internal task killer" section). All I adjusted was minfree, and it's been running really well.

Then, on advice from hyc I adjusted apps that start on boot. I really f-ed it up at first... but once I got it working, I noticed a really big improvement from this as well. This way the apps you don't want will only start when you want them to (and not at boot, or when they want to). It's a very manual process, and kind of a PITA... but it only has to be done once. Of course if you install a new app, you'll have to check and make sure that new app isn't starting at boot... So it's not a great solution by any means, but once you get Android setup the way you want, it shouldn't change a ton.

I'm planning on making a how-to boost performance thread soon. Going to try to put one in each device forum, with device-specific helpers. I'm also running Starfox's test kernel which is RHOD-only, and a slight overclock (714mhz). With all of these things combined, I have a very snappy build.

There's of course other things like widgets - they will kill the phone if you have a lot of widgets. I used to love their convenience, then I realized the more I put on the slower the phone got... so now I only have a couple of the first desktop. I also don't use the stock launcher, I've found almost any of the aftermarket launchers are better than the stock 'Launcher2' launcher. I personally have ADW EX, but I've used LauncherPro and it was good, Zeam seems good... I've heard good and bad about GO Launcher EX, never used it myself. I'm sure I've missed some...

So it's not a simple task, but with the right tweaks Android runs quite well... Just gotta know what to avoid and what to do...
Thanks a lot ill try it see if I don't mess things up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development