PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] SCBS: Improved battery meter system

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
Ndno,

Edit /sdcard/scbs.conf and change Vf to 1.103. Then either reboot the phone or "killall -HUP scbs" What model are you running, ie RHOD100 etc?
Thanks. I have the Sprint TP2: RHOD400
Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Analysis finished. Candidate is:
cc=0.171811426
cb=72.369357367
rc=0.452867817
re=0.248552169
vf=1.098000000
cf=0.312500000
lr=0.00000100
sl=0.036095755
se=0.007000000

Looking good so far. Any red flags?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Loving this kernel with the SCBS feature. My battery meter is so stable; no crazy percentage jumps or dips, especially when I decide to use data a lot, just very steady discharging percentage. Going swap out my new battery (seller said it's OEM but it sucks, more like a cheap generic) with my old one and redo the model again. My old battery is still very good.

By the way, no crashes, SODs, or reboots to WinMo; been running without shutting down Frx06 for over 30 hrs straight with a 3 or 4 charge/discharge cycles.

Only con is the slow panel wake; sometimes I have to wait over 5 seconds before it wakes up.

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ndno; 04-08-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

jonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuff

Boominsvx,

Cb and Sl look low to me. I have seen lower Cb though. Maybe your battery is old and on the fritz. Maybe you did not discharge/charge the phone far enough? Anyways if it works then it works. The model isn't weird enough to cause the nuclear effect or anything. Sometimes we get like negative Cb, so it will charge when unplugged and discharge when plugged in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

I'll give it a good run tomorrow with a full discharge.recharge cycle and see if I just got a short log. Testing to many things I guess. You're right though. This battery is about a year and a half old at least. I can try my other one sunday and compare. Will let you know.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:34 AM
VIP Member

Wow, this kernel is so amazingly accurate in terms of the battery meter. I know you said the winmo meter is not really accurate but every time I boot back to winmo, the percentage is just within 2 percentage points if not dead on. I switched back to my old battery and after 3 charge/discharge cycles, here are my new values:

cc=0.192870918
cb=128.659464784
rc=0.766339117
re=0.132407606
vf=1.103000000
cf=0.312500000
lr=0.000001000
sl=9.651638728
se=0.007000000

However, there is one issue with this kernel: I can't get the wifi to work; it keeps saying error. When I switched back to using the 4/4 wiltist2 kernel posted by arrrghhh, wifi works fine. Can I use the wifi module from that kernel with this kernel? Other than that, this kernel is solid.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuff

Ndno,

Your new model looks good. There is a new kernel and rootfs.img i have uploaded. Need both at the same time, neither are backwards compatible. It will make some attempt to determine se=. right now it is just at the default. I think this will improve sleep accuracy, se should be within 0 - .008

Did you download the modules .tar.gz from the first post? That will be necessary to get working wifi. If its still not working post a dmesg from when you try to enable wifi. Works on my phone, just a module problem one way or another.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
Ndno,

Your new model looks good. There is a new kernel and rootfs.img i have uploaded. Need both at the same time, neither are backwards compatible. It will make some attempt to determine se=. right now it is just at the default. I think this will improve sleep accuracy, se should be within 0 - .008

Did you download the modules .tar.gz from the first post? That will be necessary to get working wifi. If its still not working post a dmesg from when you try to enable wifi. Works on my phone, just a module problem one way or another.
Thanks. I will update the kernel and rootfs.img from the first post; I didnt't realize you updated them since you started the thread. I'm using the modules*.tar.gz from your first post. I will make sure when I get back; I will post the error from dmesg for you.

Had a charge lockup this morning. I went to sleep having my phone hooked up to the charger. When I woke up this morning, the led was blinking green but I couldn't get it to wake up; pulled the battery and rebooted to winmo, which showed a 100% charge; booted back to android and it showed a 98% charge. This is with the 1.103 to one of values in sbcs.conf you recommended because my phone would stop charging at the 95-98% range.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Had a charge lockup this morning. I went to sleep having my phone hooked up to the charger. When I woke up this morning, the led was blinking green but I couldn't get it to wake up; pulled the battery and rebooted to winmo, which showed a 100% charge; booted back to android and it showed a 98% charge. This is with the 1.103 to one of values in sbcs.conf you recommended because my phone would stop charging at the 95-98% range
I had a lockup condition exactly like this today as well - phone wasn't hot, LED blinking green... all the lights worked (4-button lights & kbd lights) so kernel was *somewhat*awake... But nothing would get the phone to actually turn on. Phone was on the charger all night.

Very weird condition... I wonder if there's some way to have logs going at all times, that rotate when they need to? Probably won't be able to rotate them when they need to... but maybe we can at least get some logging going with the hope that it catches this crap.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I haven't seen this charge lock up thing before. I'll have my phone spend more time on the charger in hopes of catching it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Tags
battery, tp2