PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** Not Stable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hahaha, that's right - better have something good by page 3.

ndno, I don't think hyc's RIL should be bundled into anything. tiad8 did that a lot (bundled stuff that was supposed to be for testing) and that was one of the sore spots about him.

You can test stuff for yourself, but please don't bundle and distribute stuff that's meant for testing . I can clean up the first post if you guys feel it's time. I was hoping to get a looped build working. I'm pulling myself in too many directions, I'm trying to learn GIT so I can pull hyc's changes locally and test them all to make sure they pass. I'll try and take another whack at it this weekend. I really want a good CM distro for RHOD .
Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything. A lot of stuff still doesn't work. Data is not working for me; voice comm works but I can't hear anything or the other end can't hear me. So I'll keep this to myself. If anyone wants to know how I did my setup they can PM me. This distro is not for primetime yet but it has a lot of potential; i can't believe how smooth and fast it is. Sorry didn't mean to jump the gun. Did you ever get yours working?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything. A lot of stuff still doesn't work. Data is not working for me; voice comm works but I can't hear anything or the other end can't hear me. So I'll keep this to myself. If anyone wants to know how I did my setup they can PM me. This distro is not for primetime yet but it has a lot of potential; i can't believe how smooth and fast it is. Sorry didn't mean to jump the gun. Did you ever get yours working?
No worries at all mate. I just wanted to be clear on that - it would be nice if someone could fill the gap that tiad8 left, because he seemed like a pretty creative guy - just couldn't be bothered with giving us source or any information as to where he's getting stuff from. Also had no regard for dev work or testing stuff. I don't want you going down that path either .

Anyhoo, enough talking about him. I haven't gotten a looped mount working yet, but I haven't given it the proper amount of time. I need to focus on it, I'm hoping to give it my full attention this weekend. Between real life and all the things happening here, I haven't given this much time to be honest!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah, sorry didn't mean to "sound" like I was going down tiad8's route. Like I said, I jumped the gun. Was just excited. Tiad8 and you guys donate a lot more time to this than anyone can ever do. Yes, tiad8 is very creative. I'm just trying to learn. I'm going to wait until the dust settles before I play more with this. Oh, I was asking if you got the ext2 method to work, in terms of data/voice. I'm going to try from scratch again and see how it goes. I OC'ed it to 614Mhz and it feels so fast, smooth, and responsive. neopeek's file doesn't have the Gapps in there yet.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
neopeek's file doesn't have the Gapps in there yet.
CM7 can't bundle gapps, and Neopeek I think feels the same way - he doesn't want any cease & desist letters.

However, his ClockworkMod is going to include a method to pull gapps into the build. So don't fret - and I might wait until that settles out as well, although it'll only apply to builds using dedicated ext2 partitions.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

I do NOT mean to stir up any conflict or disrepect to one of our greatest most didicated testers in any way, or the mods for that matter. For any of you watching this build for the system-ext2 version, it seems as though the Tiad of the 8th pursuasion has been busy. Please no flaming. I just want to see development of this great rom come to a little closer to the front burner. No links. I'm sure you can find it if you want to play with it. Far from stable, but working none-the-less. Sorry ahead of time for any moral violations.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.760; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx
I do NOT mean to stir up any conflict or disrepect to one of our greatest most didicated testers in any way, or the mods for that matter. For any of you watching this build for the system-ext2 version, it seems as though the Tiad of the 8th pursuasion has been busy. Please no flaming. I just want to see development of this great rom come to a little closer to the front burner. No links. I'm sure you can find it if you want to play with it. Far from stable, but working none-the-less. Sorry ahead of time for any moral violations.
No conflict or morl issues there. Only gripe has always been the lack of source information and taking credit for others work. If he got it working, that's great, and maybe we can look at what he did and see if we can improve on it at all
Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Yeah, Boominsvx is right; I installed tiad8's CM7 version yesterday evening and it sure works a lot better on the TP2 than the the one available at neopeek; this is most likely due to the tweaks tiad8 puts in that build (not sure what they are but they work); with his version, data and voice work great, including a lot of the native apps (Gapps); there are still issues but it sure works better. I can't get anything to run on neopeek's CM7 build, even after switching out the RIL library. tiad8's build was a loop build, so apparently he's figured how to do the loop conversion. Of course, like what neopeek said, this is a DEV-only build that is a preview; hence there will be still be plenty of issues and it's up to the chefs/devs to play around with it and provide input, tweaks, etc to further the efforts. I'll leave it at that, don't want to stir up anything. Too bad tiad8's isn't more opened to providing his sources or credits his sources; he would sure help get this moving along faster.

Well I'm off to a new build and loving it; I'm currently running Froyo B V6 over at neopeek... smooth, fast, snappy, and stable; running it on an ext2 partition.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Just updated the first post guys. Big update, ClockWorkMod is on deck.

Please re-read the entire first post, as a lot does change because of CWM.

CM7 is still a FCfest, but I'll start looking into fixin that soon. I haven't done anything to change this system image to be honest, and it needs some work.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PRO2
Carrier: CHN

a460162314 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Just updated the first post guys. Big update, ClockWorkMod is on deck.

Please re-read the entire first post, as a lot does change because of CWM.

CM7 is still a FCfest, but I'll start looking into fixin that soon. I haven't done anything to change this system image to be honest, and it needs some work.
Immediately try “CWM".
Also hoped to see NAND new updates.
refueling.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Too bad tiad8's isn't more opened to providing his sources or credits his sources; he would sure help get this moving along faster.
Not defending that guy at all, but I always had the impression that he figured he could thank the world in a single post and that would be good enough. And beyond that, he just seemed lazy or acted like he couldnt be bothered with giving actual credit where credit was deserved. Your right though, he is a driven mo-fo and does have some odd programming skills which he uses to tweak code well. Oh well. I DO NOT miss the bizarre claims and odd promises though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development