PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [NAND ROM] - Rom Dev only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheremans View Post
I have been following this thread some time. I downloaded / compiled all the stuff with some minor modifications for mij topa100.

I have the full nand version installed. but it hangs like previous versions on SMD OPENING like the RHOD 100 GSM models. I was wondering if RHOD100 GSM / TOPA100 would boot if these changes : linux-msm in Linux on Qualcomm's MSM - Gitorious where merged in the nand kernel.

PS : There is something wrong with the makenbh / payload file in the bootenv in git.
See my Post HERE. The *.sh files in the tinboot-linux-msn folder need to be updated. I will work on that today and pass them to ACL. But for the mean time use the above link to get you flashing.

EDIT: Didn't read your post fully. You P.S is the only thing I answered for you. ACL should be able to help out with the rest.

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 02-18-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'll work on the autobuild to release NHBs and Android updates automatically for the future for all the chefs so yall dont have to build your own kernels. Sorry for not doing this before but i really wanted to get more people involved.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Flashaholic!

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I'll work on the autobuild to release NHBs and Android updates automatically for the future for all the chefs so yall dont have to build your own kernels. Sorry for not doing this before but i really wanted to get more people involved.
Good Idea ACL! Not much needs to be changed in the NBH anyway besides the kernal...
Old 02-19-2011, 05:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Done. I havent had a chance to test it but the script was updated to use the latest poop

Index of /files/rhodium_nand/

NBH and matching android update for the modules. The rest of the stuff (androidinstall and install script) remains the same.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no good bro, got another one for me?>
Old 02-20-2011, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
no good bro, got another one for me?>
Not sure buddy.. works for me. Where are you failing ?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Not sure buddy.. works for me. Where are you failing ?
We both get stuck at the initial boot logo screen. I believe mine is 'OEM', and it's the white background with the green HTC logo. The very first splash you see in other words - just hangs there forever. Never gets past it...

When I was making those messed up nbh's, I would at least see Android trying to install - it was just failing to find /dev/mtd.

Not sure what we're doing wrong, other than flashing via SD maybe? Lmiler thought that was the issue, I haven't tried via USB, but MassStash said he did and it failed as well...
Old 02-20-2011, 04:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
We both get stuck at the initial boot logo screen. I believe mine is 'OEM', and it's the white background with the green HTC logo. The very first splash you see in other words - just hangs there forever. Never gets past it...

When I was making those messed up nbh's, I would at least see Android trying to install - it was just failing to find /dev/mtd.

Not sure what we're doing wrong, other than flashing via SD maybe? Lmiler thought that was the issue, I haven't tried via USB, but MassStash said he did and it failed as well...
what, so you arent even flashing ? ahh no good. I just tried the downloaded version and reinstalled it completely wit no issues. Actually it's too perfect :-p .. Ok, so try flashing another way i suppose.

Do you get the double vibration or just it freezes there ? If it just stays frozen and there is no double vibration, then its a bad flash. If you get the double vibration but there is no black screen with log, means the kernel is crashing somewhere.

Also i always flash via SD. Its just how i do and thats why i always name my images rhodimg.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Flashaholic!

Guys Try using this NBH... Use the same androidupdate.tar I gave you yesterday.

I added Rhod500 back in because it looks like this line needs it at the $1:

$TOOLCHAIN_PATH-as tinboot/tinboot2.S -o tinboot.o --defsym $1=1 --defsym MTYPE=2292 --defsym hw3d=1

Not sure if it will work or not... But It's worth a try.
It's just really weird that it worked just fine for me and ACL but no one else. (Or we have really special phones)

Sounds like it doesn't matter how you flash it either.
Good luck!

Edit: Removed Attachment... Didn't work!

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 02-21-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I'll try this again shortly. Thanks Lmiller!

[ACL] - bad flash for sure. Never get the double vibe. I'll post back with results... hopefully good ones!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development