PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[TESTING] .39 Kernel **NEW**

Hey all,

This is a shiny new test kernel from none other than WisTilt2 and jonpry.

***NOTE***

The new acoustic code is in this kernel. If you're not running a system image that supports the new acoustic code, you will lose all sounds! This includes in call audio, speakerphone, everything!!

They have been working hard on getting a new codebase out, and this is a result of their work.

Note - things are going to be broken in this kernel. Most things from .27 will work, the second post will serve as a list of confirmed broken things & workarounds if they exist. Initially I'd like to see what people report, so let me know! If you report a issue that is listed in the next post, put your flamesuit on, you're asking for it.

This kernel is RHOD only. It may boot other devices, but they are untested. Run at your own risk!

This kernel also requires some changes to haret & the startup.txt, which I will outline below.

Steps:

1. Download the alternate haret version (attached). I have found that this alternate version will boot other 'normal' kernels, but you must use this haret to boot this kernel.
2. Add this line to your startup.txt (I added it after the set initrd line):
Code:
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
3. Download the kernel from the .39 (autobuild service), replace as you normally would, and boot!

Currently the autobuild only has the 'newest' kernel. Development/commits onto this kernel will be frequent, so the newest kernel might have issues - there'll be a history of old kernels soon .

WisTilt2 just added kernel 3.0 to the autobuild - this is a newer kernel, but the code isn't nearly as stable, so I would recommend sticking to .39 for testing at the moment!
Attached Files
File Type: zip haret.zip (64.6 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-03-2011 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TESTING] .39 Kernel Testing **NEW**

Broken Things
  • The additional modules are now provided, however wifi is still broken...
  • adb now works, but the usual indicator in the notification bar is missing...
  • BT obviously won't work, as the new audio routing code is not in this kernel. It has the standard audio routing from the autobuild.
  • user.conf files don't seem to be getting processed... Help on this would be appreciated, I'm honestly baffled that the kernel would affect this, but it seems to be.
  • Overclocking hasn't worked for anyone as of yet. WisTilt2 was thinking the statement is ignored currently.
  • End call seems to be failing. It's related to the new zoombar enhancements unfortunately... **These are going to be temporarily pulled until the issue is resolved**
  • Booting on the new HaRET fails completely. See this post!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-03-2011 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: [TESTING] .39 Kernel Testing **NEW**

DEVELOPERS ONLY

Now that's out of the way...

There is a public git repo for .39, assuming you want to see the action live!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] .39 Kernel **NEW** 6/7/11

Wohoo finally ive been following wistilt and jonpry in the irc logs just waiting for this to come out specially after all the gushing praise for all the speedyness of it

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
Wohoo finally ive been following wistilt and jonpry in the irc logs just waiting for this to come out specially after all the gushing praise for all the speedyness of it

Took the words right outa my mouth. It's GO time baby!!!

Edit: I'm hitting the same "no data" snag as you guys with hyc ril and f22 rootfs. I'll play more tomorrow, but I've gotta be up in a few hours. Can't test much without data. Great work though guys. I'm psych'd about these wispryc22 builds! Any updates to break the stagnant forums are good things.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 06-07-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok i first tried a brand new frx6 with f22 rootfs + hyc ril but it froze in the boot process (something about a partion not being available ) so i thought i was over reaching and retried it again but this time just a simple frx06 no mods besides the new kernal ,haret and that line in startup ofcourse and it took a long time to boot ( but then again it was crating a whole new data file ) but it started up looked good and fast.

Then i signed into google and the shit has hit the fan it it slowed down and finally froze screen is on power key wont work nonw of the keys work kbd light is off.

Will restart and retry again

btw phone is Rhod400 (sprint phone)

Last edited by docnas; 06-08-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ok deleted that try and again clean build (with all the needed stuff for this kernal test)

boot up ani was blazing fast in it animation but took a little time , but again first start with a clean build so its expected
Didnt try to sync with my gmail account as i wanted to play with it without worry about that damn thing crashing ( which i suspect was because of that multiple downloads occurring while syncing contacts problem its always had)
Screen switching was fast menu was scrolling nice
Powered off the screen waited 3 seconds and pressed power on again took around 3 seconds screen turned on but was still blank then half a second later the lock screen came on then it shut off again.
I then let it stay powered off for a bit pressed power on screen powered on blank, half a second later showed lock screen and was able to unlock.

Ok experimenting i am able to consistently have it slow power on when i dont wait for the green indicator to come on ( ie i press power off and while its still showing orange i press power on again it takes 4-5 seconds to actually power on doing that blank screen thing) So no pressing power on power off quickly.

also the green indicator comes on preety quickly usually within a few seconds(sometimes faster sometimes slower)

( i will add more as i go along so will edit this post instead of making multiple posts )
Was feeling cocky so went to setting to setup my gmail account and it slowed to a crawl even before i tried signing in afterwords it just froze up i though well let me give it a chance and it did finally give on of those force close screen which i tried clicking wait but it only registerd the press half a minute later. Screen powered off indicator is orange , keyboard lights up on extending it but screen wont power on

Last edited by docnas; 06-08-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Hey guys,

Seems there are transient issues with CDMA devices. I spoke with the powers at be (jonpry & WisTilt2) and they concur. Fixes are in the works, but in the meantime I added a caveat for CDMA devices.

It is odd, the thing ran really well for me at first, then just slowly blew itself into little pieces. A couple of times I booted without service, and it actually ran fan-freakin-tastic. So it's definitely a CDMA-specific issue... I'll keep this thread updated with details!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks arghhhh for the update and @ jonpry n wistilt yes we have high expectations we see what your are capable of u just have to belive in urselves :P (i just saw thid viral vid of a kid who learned how to ride his bike so tht phrase stuck btw yes im an irc ghost cant develop but i like to see the devs at work )
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 w/ XDAndroid
Carrier: PagePlus (VZW MVNO)

fortunzfavor is a n00b

Thanks for the threads. I've been following the .39 xda thread, and honestly, it's a fun read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It is odd, the thing ran really well for me at first, then just slowly blew itself into little pieces. A couple of times I booted without service, and it actually ran fan-freakin-tastic. So it's definitely a CDMA-specific issue... I'll keep this thread updated with details!
I've been toying around with how to boot into airplane modem as I assume the above comment means just going into airplane mode after boot isn't enough to avoid implosion.

When I was in airplane mode on last power down, it boots the next time without trying to connect. Was that your approach? I'm thinking of test driving .39 this weekend to see if I get any better results with one dictionary app that doesn't like my current setup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development