PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Sorry, I read the faq, just not that part, it's the last thing on page and never made it that far lol

Another thing I noticed though is the orange light. FAQ said it should be green, if not gps might be on. But I turned it off and it's still orange. Is this gps in WinMO as well? or is there another cause?
Orange LED just means the phone is 'awake'. GPS in WinMo has nothing to do with it (well, getting a GPS lock in WinMo before booting Android can help with lock times, but that's about it).

If GPS is disabled in Android, then something else is keeping your phone awake. Perhaps a rogue app? How long have you let it sitting with the screen off?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

it was left overnight and it was orange still when i woke up, it drained the battery by around 30% in like 6 hours

I dont think it is rogue app, last night was the first time I used this android, so I havent installed anything yet so everything is like how it is out of package

edit: I'll mention that it is still orange now as I'm using it
Old 06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
it was left overnight and it was orange still when i woke up, it drained the battery by around 30% in like 6 hours

I dont think it is rogue app, last night was the first time I used this android, so I havent installed anything yet so everything is like how it is out of package

edit: I'll mention that it is still orange now as I'm using it
Well if you're using it, obviously it'll be orange... Wake = orange, green = sleep.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm yeah but it stays orange even when i turn it "off" (not to winmo though)

I also noticed that I cant hold the menu button to put away the keyboard like on real android phone.

edit: also noticed that the screen starts out in landscape but a open/close of physical keyboard makes it portrait
edit: gone till tonight but I can provide information on the orange led if you need me to test it to see why it stays on :S. I dont know why it would though.

Last edited by EyeB; 06-17-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
hm yeah but it stays orange even when i turn it "off" (not to winmo though)

I also noticed that I cant hold the menu button to put away the keyboard like on real android phone.

edit: also noticed that the screen starts out in landscape but a open/close of physical keyboard makes it portrait
edit: gone till tonight but I can provide information on the orange led if you need me to test it to see why it stays on :S. I dont know why it would though.
Might need logs to establish why the phone isn't sleeping at all. It should sleep within a few seconds, if not within 30 seconds (new RIL fixes this bug, my phone sleeps within a few seconds every time...)

The portrait/landscape issue is on the FAQ as well, and it's also fixed in a kernel patch.

Put away the keyboard...? I assume you mean the on-screen kb? Just hit back...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

@arrrghhh - is there a later build considered stable and that much install friendly as the one posting in your first post in this thread ?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
@arrrghhh - is there a later build considered stable and that much install friendly as the one posting in your first post in this thread ?
If there was, I'd post it.

What's wrong with the first post?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My GPS has never worked on this version and I can't tether.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
My GPS has never worked on this version and I can't tether.
Do you have a RAPH or a RHOD? This is the RHOD section, I have a fairly similar thread over in the RAPH section...

At any rate, for GPS there's fixes in the FAQ. Tethering... it depends on what type, and again that is addressed in the FAQ. I highly recommend you read it.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

parthew is a n00b

I may have missed something but, is there a way to make the end key go to the home screen instead of powering off?
Oh, one more quick question...I tried to edit the APN so I could get MMS to work (I have sprint) but it doesn't seem to save.

Just saw something else, it doesn't seem to recognize that there is an SD card and it is saying that there is no more memory.

Other than those very minor things, amazing job! Thanks!

Last edited by parthew; 06-17-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development