PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: ICE Celular

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection - Carrier Provisioning - Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
are you using the correct startup.txt for the Tilt 2? should be something like this: <snip>

also, in the same settings section you mentioned, there is "APN Settings" which you can add your provider's info
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I use FRX06_Full_Bundle_25.3.2011\FRX06\STARTUPS\RHOD\RH OD300_Tilt2 > startup.txt with same content as you posted. It's in the memory card's root as well as all the content of FRX06.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > opens a tab with the title APNs in a gray bar but it's a black screen under it with nothing to click nor to type into. Tapping that black screen does not bring up anything.

@ 86shelby: "Don't worry about free RAM with froyo, it is irrelevant." - Still, is there a way to show free RAM on the taskbar?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bleau View Post
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I use FRX06_Full_Bundle_25.3.2011\FRX06\STARTUPS\RHOD\RH OD300_Tilt2 > startup.txt with same content as you posted. It's in the memory card's root as well as all the content of FRX06.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > opens a tab with the title APNs in a gray bar but it's a black screen under it with nothing to click nor to type into. Tapping that black screen does not bring up anything.

@ 86shelby: "Don't worry about free RAM with froyo, it is irrelevant." - Still, is there a way to show free RAM on the taskbar?

just press the "windows"key it will give you the option to create the APN
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Data is enabled. Network operators > it auto searches but does not show the carrier's name. Is that normal? Also tried Select automatically and it says "Registered on network" but still no data joy. Also tried "Use only 2G networks" as I don't have a 3G account, still no go. I rebooted after selecting the settins & still "No network connection".

Other questions: is it possible not to have to slide to unlock every time the screen turns off? I did not see any option for that in Set up screen lock.

Looking for suggestions for a good task manager & a widget to show free RAM available on the taskbar.
For the slide to unlock disable, you'll have to go with some third party app - sounds crazy, but it seems to be the case.

As for data, did you setup the APN correctly? Since you have an odd carrier, you'll probably need to put in a valid APN for it.

Also, does your carrier require any tricks to get thru to the open internet like a proxy?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Lurker

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Question Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection - Carrier Provisioning - Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
just press the "windows"key it will give you the option to create the APN
Thanks, that was not obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
For the slide to unlock disable, you'll have to go with some third party app - sounds crazy, but it seems to be the case.

As for data, did you setup the APN correctly? Since you have an odd carrier, you'll probably need to put in a valid APN for it.

Also, does your carrier require any tricks to get thru to the open internet like a proxy?
I played for an hour with Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and the settings to no joy.

"...Since you have an odd carrier" - ain't odd for us as it's a state monopoly so everybody is using it here. I'm not a programmer but here is a pointer for future built where I can see my icecellular carrier: an accurate working list of APN's for cyanogen (and other?) builds (Android). How could I use this .xml in FRX06?

OR: this registry key from WM 6.5.3 & EDGE data settings that works on my Tilt 2. How could I import this in FRX06 or translate the binary data so I could input it in Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and the settings?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Connectivity]
"APN Info"=hex:31,00,2c,00,69,00,63,00,65,00,63,00,65,0 0,6c,00,75,00,6c,00,61,\

Or is there an other key I could export from WM to import in FRX06 to fix the data connection problem?

"For the slide to unlock disable, you'll have to go with some third party app..." - Any suggestion, name or link maybe?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
"...Since you have an odd carrier" - ain't odd for us as it's a state monopoly so everybody is using it here.
It is an odd carrier - not sure anyone from Costa Rica has used our build before, so to say you're unique is an understatement .

Quote:
I'm not a programmer but here is a pointer for future built where I can see my icecellular carrier: an accurate working list of APN's for cyanogen (and other?) builds (Android). How could I use this .xml in FRX06?
We use that same APN list, but you're welcome to try it yourself.

Quote:
OR: this registry key from WM 6.5.3 & EDGE data settings that works on my Tilt 2. How could I import this in FRX06 or translate the binary data so I could input it in Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and the settings?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Connectivity]
"APN Info"=hex:31,00,2c,00,69,00,63,00,65,00,63,00,65,0 0,6c,00,75,00,6c,00,61,\

Or is there an other key I could export from WM to import in FRX06 to fix the data connection problem?
No clue, as I said previously you're the only one that I know of that is using this carrier. Once you get the correct APN settings, I bet it'll work.

Quote:
"For the slide to unlock disable, you'll have to go with some third party app..." - Any suggestion, name or link maybe?
I like the S2U, so I've never looked for such an app. Search the Market.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Lurker

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection FIX - Invalid APNs - Costa Rica GSM Edge APN

I formatted the memory card & reinstalled FRX06 as per steps in post #1. As described above, no data for my carrier ICE Celular in Costa Rica. Used Wifi to download APN Backup & Restore & made a backup before tweaking the APN settings.

Surprise, surprise, my carrier is one of the 7 Invalid APNs out of the 940 in FRX06's APN list according to APN Backup & Restore:
Quote:
APN Backup & Restore:
Successful: 933
Failed: 7
Invalid APNs: China mobile, Fido, Fido MMS, ICE Celular (mine), MASmovil, MASmovil MMS, Simyo DE.
So if your carrier is included in that list, do it manually in: Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > tap Windows hardware button > New APN. I suggest adding your initials to the APN's name to make it easier to search & don't forget to Windows button > Save after creating it. You could use said APN Backup & Restore to save it & create an .XML file with the correct data.

For Costa Rica GSM/Edge/GPRS the APN settings are:
Name: ICE JB (my initials)
APN: icecelular
Proxy: 172.27.10.4
Port: 8080
MMS proxy: 172.27.10.4
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 712
MNC: 01
Authentication type: PAP
----> And leave all the rest blank.

In APN Backup & Restore xml file created after fixing the settings:
<apn name="ICE JB" numeric="71201" mcc="712" mnc="01" apn="icecelular" user="" server="" password="" proxy="127.27.10.4" port="8080" mmsproxy="127.27.10.4" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="" />

Instead of what's in not working in the current FRX06's APN list:
<apn name="ICE Celular" numeric="712null" mcc="712" mnc="null" apn="icecelular" user="" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="" />

To see the entire FRX06 APN list, swich APN, backup & other stuff, the free APN Manager in the Market works fine for me.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Lurker

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: FRX06 - Kill Slide to Unlock & Landscape on Boot

If like me you are tired of having to slide to unlock every time after the screen turns off get the free No Lock in the Market. It's a simple toggle switch to disable/enable the auto lock "feature" as there are no way in FRX06 to disable it or enter a long delay in Settings > Location & security settings > Setup screen lock. If you are also using Super Manager, disable Auto Memory Cleanup in it's Settings otherwise it will break No Lock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
...I like the S2U, so I've never looked for such an app. Search the Market.
S2U or S2U2 does not return any results in the Market. Is there a version of S2U2 compatible with Android?

By default when booting FRX06, Home is in landscape mode. If tapping the back hardware key, I get this error:
Quote:
The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. > Force close.
Unlocking while still in landscape mode & then hitting the back key brings the portrait mode w/o error.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Re: FRX06 - Kill Slide to Unlock & Landscape on Boot

Quote:
By default when booting FRX06, Home is in landscape mode.
That's a known issue, fixed in Wistilt2's test kernels. The fix has not been published in the main repos yet, unfortunately.

Quote:
If tapping the back hardware key, I get this error: Unlocking while still in landscape mode & then hitting the back key brings the portrait mode w/o error.
Never saw that before. I guess you have the Music widget on your launcher, it's probably choking on the screen rotation. There are a few apps out there that seem to have a hard time coping with auto-rotate. Dunno where the problem is, since they all work fine on other phones.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Lurker

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Re: FRX06 - Music Widget: No SD Card Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
...Never saw that before. I guess you have the Music widget on your launcher, it's probably choking on the screen rotation...
Music widget is on Home 4 by default in FRX06 along with Market widget. I did not add it to launcher. BTW I get "Your phone does not have an SD card inserted if I tap on "Touch to select music".
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection FIX - Invalid APNs - Costa Rica GSM Edge APN

Quote:
Music widget is on Home 4 by default in FRX06 along with Market widget. I did not add it to launcher. BTW I get "Your phone does not have an SD card inserted if I tap on "Touch to select music".
Format your card using the HP Tool. Full format, FAT32. You can backup the data on the card & restore, or just wipe and start over, your choice.

I know you said you just formatted it, but I'm betting it was with the build in Windows or WinMo utilities - which are broken, and why I recommend the HP Tool linked above. It's also in the first post...

Quote:
That's a known issue, fixed in Wistilt2's test kernels. The fix has not been published in the main repos yet, unfortunately.
Well, it was fixed... but the way he fixed it was hackish. Userland is the problem, not the kernel - and the way WisTilt2 fixed it caused issues with the stylus. So he reverted that change... It's fixed in GB already, so it's definitely a userland issue .

Quote:
Never saw that before. I guess you have the Music widget on your launcher, it's probably choking on the screen rotation. There are a few apps out there that seem to have a hard time coping with auto-rotate. Dunno where the problem is, since they all work fine on other phones.
I'd say his issue is patience - to Joe, just wait on boot. Lots of things happening in the bg when the phone first starts.

Quote:
If like me you are tired of having to slide to unlock every time after the screen turns off get the free No Lock in the Market. It's a simple toggle switch to disable/enable the auto lock "feature" as there are no way in FRX06 to disable it or enter a long delay in Settings > Location & security settings > Setup screen lock. If you are also using Super Manager, disable Auto Memory Cleanup in it's Settings otherwise it will break No Lock.
S2U or S2U2 does not return any results in the Market. Is there a version of S2U2 compatible with Android?
Sorry, I felt like making Slide to Unlock a stupid acronym... Shouldn't have done that, I didn't mean to insinuate it was an app on the market, or even closely related to the WinMo app you mention. My fault!

Quote:
By default when booting FRX06, Home is in landscape mode. If tapping the back hardware key, I get this error: Unlocking while still in landscape mode & then hitting the back key brings the portrait mode w/o error.
As I said above, known issue fixed in GB.

Quote:
...Surprise, surprise, my carrier is one of the 7 Invalid APNs out of the 940 in FRX06's APN list...
We get our APN list from CyanogenMod. Post your update to that list (which should help out everyone that uses CM as well) and when XDAndroid does another pull of the APN list, it'll be fixed there too.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development