PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robolots View Post
Does this work on a Rhod 100???
Loads of Rod 100 were having trouble with GSM on Froyo Red, but I would like to try this, but don't want to mess about if it is like Red and doesn't work on a Rhod 100!
Should work just fine. Let me know if it doesn't, you might need to try an old kernel (like from November I recall...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexplorer View Post
i'm not using andboot, i've got everything on the root of the card& i did copy the 400 startup file to the top level. i'm doing something wrong because now i'm trying the gingerbread build with the same prob.

edit

I touched the screen & then it allowed me to calibrate the screen, & now it is finishing the boot! i just loaded gingerbread, but it will probly be the same on this frx04! i will report back.

edit again
i got it working now
on the first post arrr says to watch the boot screen & calibrate - no joke! WATCH the screen, my phone flickered past the calibrate screen, when I touched it, then it continued properly.
Yea... something wrong with 1253. If you don't have a ts-calibration file, you'll need to generate one with an older kernel. This is in the first post, and I even attached my ts-calibration file. Let me know if I can make this more clear in the first post, I sometimes word things oddly .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Things broken in this build:

* BT - pairs but won't pass audio/data
Is this more then what it used to do? Does this mean someone is working on it?

<------ Crosses fingers

Thanks for all your help

*EDIT*
After some more looking i found this post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2054721-post11.html

Last edited by JustusIV; 02-13-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: O2

robolots is a n00b

Thanks Arrrghhh, Been playing with FRX04 all afternoon and not one screen freeze on my Rhod100.

GSM working fine (showing BT Cellnet and not O2) I know BT Cellnet is O2.
Txt working fine no probs
Keyboard good no probs

My wifi wont with in WEP-I have downloaded Wifi Ace, but I'm not sure on what to configure in the app (help anyone?)

Market place all ok, although did have aproblem downloading a few apps, but I believe it was more the app than FRX
Gmail all good

Battery seems to drain pretty quick compared to WM6.5, but will charge fully and monitor it to get a better idea.

Can the phone be sync'd with pc (as in WM6.5 and active sync) is there a download to do this??

Overall really good Thanks again
Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

You can't use it as USB storage since you cannot mount the SD card to the computer but you can use DroidExplorer to view files on the SD card and install/uninstall Android Apps. Just google DroidExplorer.

+

= <3
Old 02-13-2011, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

this is running great.... less issues than what i was seeing with the previous build from matt. great work!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
So far very good. The smoothest XDAndroid build I have tried. I had one SOD; last when I went to sleep I just left my phone sitting there and it went into power saving mode (green led); this morning when I woke up, I couldn't wake it up, the LED was still green. I'm using the package with a couple changes: I OCed mine to 614.4 Mhz and changed the rootfs to manekineko's rootfs with the kb/button change, which does have the system_server bug fix. I'll attach the log when I get to my PC.

Edit: Attach is the kmsg log after I pulled the battery and rebooted.

I'm going to switch to wistilt2's 1253 test kernel and see how it goes.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SYSTEM_LAST_KMSG@1297595330610.zip (9.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ndno; 02-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Lurker

robolots is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
You can't use it as USB storage since you cannot mount the SD card to the computer but you can use DroidExplorer to view files on the SD card and install/uninstall Android Apps. Just google DroidExplorer.
Thanks, will give it a go
Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Can the phone be sync'd with pc (as in WM6.5 and active sync) is there a download to do this??
I use Myphoneexplorer - Download MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.0 Free two parts; the Hub for PC and Client for phone, download from the Market.
· Addressbook - with direct sync to Outlook, Outlook Express and Thunderbird
· Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Sunbird, Thunderbird, Rainlendar and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP)
· SMS - archive, export, import, excessive messages,...
· File Transfer from PC to TP2 or TP2 to PC.
· Battery Monitor
This works for me even though it was originally for SonyEricsson, it now works for android phones. I do not sync with google for Contacts, or Calendar. **Watch the install as it will offer to install eBay toolbar.

Last edited by bilson; 02-14-2011 at 12:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Lurker

robolots is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilson View Post
I use Myphoneexplorer - Download MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.0 Free two parts; the Hub for PC and Client for phone, download from the Market.
· Addressbook - with direct sync to Outlook, Outlook Express and Thunderbird
· Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Sunbird, Thunderbird, Rainlendar and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP)
· SMS - archive, export, import, excessive messages,...
· File Transfer from PC to TP2 or TP2 to PC.
· Battery Monitor
This works for me even though it was originally for SonyEricsson, it now works for android phones. I do not sync with google for Contacts, or Calendar. **Watch the install as it will offer to install eBay toolbar.
Can't get it to work, downloaded both parts, but client says usb not connected and when I try and connect via pc, same thing-help??
Thanks

Last edited by robolots; 02-14-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Can't get it to work, downloaded both parts, but client says usb not connected and when I try and connect via pc, same thing-help??
Thanks
I can't really help you with this, but what are you trying to do? If you just want to access your SD card while in Android, DroidExplorer does that for you.

If you're trying to sync contacts, TitaniumBackup will backup your contacts to your SD (along with all your other apps, etc if you wish).

Additionally, if you're just looking to sync contacts - I sync with Google and get all my contacts in WinMo and in Android - that way I don't have to worry about syncing anything manually, and my contact list is always up to date between OSes (if I add a contact in Android, it gets synced to Google acct and pushed to WinMo, same if a contact is added in WinMo - it's all sync'd thru your Google account...)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development